• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite psychedelics for physical activity?

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelight Crew
Hi, I'm interested to hear what your favorite psyches are for going hiking, going on a bike ride..
Or even going to the gym on, or doing some other sport.

Personally my one trial with DOC stands out, but I guess almost all of the serotonergic psychedelics I've tried would be sort of suitable for hiking or something, if you dose adequately.

Well, DOC as you say stands out... really great stuff for a day hike or biking. I like LSD for these purposes, too. Mescaline is also fantastic, mescaline gives me this effect where it feels like I can run forever, it gets me really in touch with my body and I feel strong and healthy. I also like 5-MeO-MiPT, in the tryptamine world.

I had an amazing time doing a long run (~30km in the mountains) on 75ug of ETH-LAD. 2C-D was really good too. I like Shadowmeister's suggestion of 5-MeO-MiPT, haven't tried that for physical activity, but seems like it would be a good fit.

I'd probably avoid pushing it too hard on psychedelics, it might be possible to push into the red a bit too far physically.

What do you think of the physical safety of athletic activity on psychedelics?

Got some 5-MeO-MiPT lying around too, excited to try it outside.

ETH-LAD and 2C-D are really interesting suggestions, would've never thought of those, I've never been able to try either :(

I always found LSZ to be quite nice when out hiking.

As Shadowmeister suggested mescaline is up there for me too, ever since reading the doors of perception I've wanted to eat some mesc and just stare at some plants

Idk about the gym, but honestly any of them. I refuse to trip indoors, or at least I definitely won't consume a psychedelic if going outdoors isn't an option (too cold, too dark, or back in the days of naively trying to go undetected by parents). Plants are definitely some of the coolest shit to look at, tripping in a lush forest is unlimited eye candy. I find most psychedelics past the come-up phase impart a ton of very natural energy, its not stimulating in the way of speed or coke, but sort of my whole body is just ready to go and move.

As well, physical activity like dancing or hiking can really be a good way to get anxious energy out of your system, often when I'm tripping I get this sort of pent up tension that needs release, and sitting around it will just build and build. Need an outlet.

If not at a festival, ideal trip is camping trip with friends where we go on a big hike with a portable speaker and just bullshit around.

Yeah idk why I mentioned the gym hahaha, seems like an awful tripping location.

Moving your body just feels good when tripping, feels healthy and natural.
It's what it was designed to do anyway..

One of these days I'm really getting me a cacti or two, I have to!

I found some peruvian torch and san pedro seeds I got many years ago tucked away in my freezer. I think I'll try to germinate them, I don't know if they're still viable but it would be cool to grow some cacti from seed. :) I had several san pedro and peruvian torch (and a bridgesii) years ago, I had them for years and then one night in the Spring I left them outside and it got down to 25 degrees. The next morning they had frost covering them and when I brought them inside they thawed and collapsed into goo. :( I was pretty devastated actually, those guys were my buddies.

DOx almost so stimulating i hurt myself with physical activity lol. About two weeks ago i took some LSD and realized how limber i was, which im usually the least flexible person ever. Hell i could easily keep my palms flat on the floor while standing with my knees locked! it was truly amazing.

Just weed really. Anything else seems to end up giving extra heart load. Light exercise is fine though.

I found some peruvian torch and san pedro seeds I got many years ago tucked away in my freezer. I think I'll try to germinate them, I don't know if they're still viable but it would be cool to grow some cacti from seed. :) I had several san pedro and peruvian torch (and a bridgesii) years ago, I had them for years and then one night in the Spring I left them outside and it got down to 25 degrees. The next morning they had frost covering them and when I brought them inside they thawed and collapsed into goo. :( I was pretty devastated actually, those guys were my buddies.
I love how it goes from this very sad and melancholic story ('collapsing into goo' just breaks my heart), to the next guy's story, which I find totally hilarious.
Palms flat on the floor?? That's insane

Last edited:
If you haven't tried it before, I'd go with 1.5mg to see how you react. My favorite dose for outings is 2-2.5mg, usually 2mg. I used to prefer 3mg, but it gets a little heavy at that dose for me these days.

DOC
AL-LAD
2C-EF

I like going out after the peak of most heavier psychedelics but still in that lingering but.more manageable headspace

Im thinking of doing a hike with 3CE soon to gauge its potential

This strikes me as kind of a funny question. I read it as "which psychedelics are stimulating," to which the answer is pretty much all of them.

That said, I'm fully behind most of the suggestions above, particularly DOC, 2C-D, and 5-MeO-MiPT. The one that no one has mentioned that I love for hiking in nature, though, is 4-AcO-MET. For me, it's as clean, crisp, and sharp as the winter wind. The visuals are stunning, too.

I love how it goes from this very sad and melancholic story ('collapsing into goo' just breaks my heart), to the next guy's story, which I find totally hilarious.
Palms flat on the floor?? That's insane
Ha! Yeah man i encourage everyone to try stretching or yoga poses on LSD or the like to see what you can really achieve. beware though, if you dont nornally do this you will be in pain the next day, as was i lol

For me personally I will go with LSD.

It's a beautiful substance to take out in nature. The ocean looks just amazing when going for walks as the sunrises, or out in the forest hiking. It's a very versatile substance and the one I would say I have the most experience with in nature aside from mushrooms.

Spending long amounts of time outdoors walking and exploring. I usually stay in one spot mostly when i take mushrooms outside. The peak can be a little harder to control. But once I'm in the comedown I do love walking about on shrooms quite a bit.

Last edited: