• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Decarbing weed in boiling hot bath

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I got everything to cook weed on, I only want to make coffee.
I thought mixing the bud with butter and whole fat milk decarbed it a bit, I definbitely felt something.

Anyway to decarb without a oven can I put it in a glass jar and throw it in boiling hot bath for half hour would that achieve anything?

As surely years and yearsago people cooked weed fine without decarbing it, literally I got a hob to cook on I dont want to buy a oven just for bud as I hardly cook only on my george foreman grill and hob.

In an oven preheated to 240F. Put your weed on a flat baking pan (rimmed) or in a small glass dish. There is no need to cover the dish/pan with foil. One hour, let cool to room temperature and then use as desired.

I know what a Foreman grill is, but a hob??

Your method will result in incomplete decarboxylation; the temperature of boiling water is 212F. You coul decarb for a longer period of time, and while that will certainly achieve some decarboxylation, I don’t know the rate of conversion (or degradation of other compounds) at 212F.

Without temperature you’re gonna get a poor decarb in my opinion.

Tom

If you have it in milk it wont be getting as hot because boiling water or milk only can reach 100 C.

If you heat it dry it gets hotter

Boil it in fat. Keep it near or below 230F. Use any fat you would like, dissolve into anything you'd like after you're done. Decarbing first is easiest but you can do both with one step if you don't have an oven. You will still need a good thermometer and it takes longer. The smell will be more difficult to contain vs heating dry.