• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Milk Thistle and MDMA interaction

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
Can milk thistle have any bad interactions with MDMA due to liver enzymes inhibitions or MAOI activity? I have searched and found inconclusive answers.

Can you explain exactly what liver enzymes are? Could they be implicated in the “long term comedown”?

Not really, all drugs and medications are processed by certain specific liver enzymes, as far as my research goes MDMA is mostly metabolized by the P450 (CYP) 2D6 enzyme, however I havent found any conclusive answer on whether milk thistle could inhibit this enzyme or its ability to process MDMA or even a conclusive answer as to whether milk thistle has MAO activity or not but it would seem to he safe, but as far as the long term comedown I dont think there is any relationship.

I forget what enzyme is inhibited off the top of my head but was just reading about it the other day. IIRC it isnt the one that is involved in MDMA metabolism but even if it was, the inhibition would be so minor it shouldnt matter. Couldnt ever see this causing an issue

I believe so, id definitely put minimum a week between any milk thistle use and mdma to error on the side of caution.

I believe so, id definitely put minimum a week between any milk thistle use and mdma to error on the side of caution.

Any sources? I just looked it up and they are two different enzymes so there should be no interaction