• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA at end of opiate withdrawal

wwbiker832

Bluelighter
I had a very short relapse with oxy and have had very minor withdrawals. Very minor, its day 5 clean from opiates and the wife wants to take MDMA tonite for anniversary. It's been a very long time for both of us. Pills have been tested etc.. everything is a green light just want to know if it's safe to do while I still have some very very minor withdrawal symptoms from oxy. Just to give you an idea I have worked all week bo problem only symptoms is some insomnia.

I had a very short relapse with oxy and have had very minor withdrawals. Very minor, its day 5 clean from opiates and the wife wants to take MDMA tonite for anniversary. It's been a very long time for both of us. Pills have been tested etc.. everything is a green light just want to know if it's safe to do while I still have some very very minor withdrawal symptoms from oxy. Just to give you an idea I have worked all week bo problem only symptoms is some insomnia.

Go for it. IME the positives will far outweigh the negatives if you have decent MDMA. The only risk is that you might suffer a slightly worse comedown a couple of days later, but as you say your withdrawals are very minor, so I think it is a risk worth taking.

I have taken MDMA on minor heroin and methadone withdrawal many times, (I certainly wouldn't recommend it for major withdrawal) and if anything, it has made it easier. Good MDMA can provide an 'afterglow' for several days afterwards that gives you time to reflect upon your situation - rather like psychedelics.

Have fun man..!

FUBAR, that's what I was thinking I just wanted someone to confirm, thanks alot for your help

Yeah you should be good. I wouldn't want to take it except with light, lingering withdrawal, but since that's what you have, you should be good. :) It might even help you move past it.

Well the minor withdrawal did not have any negative effects and I actually slept like a baby, no insomnia like last few days. Generally feel okay this morning. Body temp did get up to 99.9f after peaking and I had the cold shakes for a few min but that quickly passed.

Well the minor withdrawal did not have any negative effects and I actually slept like a baby, no insomnia like last few days. Generally feel okay this morning. Body temp did get up to 99.9f after peaking and I had the cold shakes for a few min but that quickly passed.

Glad to hear it went well. It's my opinion that minor withdrawal is largely psychosomatic and can be blown out of the water by a decent dose of a psychedelic, empathogen or stimulant. Just try and make use of this 'down time' and avoid picking up where you left off..

Glad to hear it went well. It's my opinion that minor withdrawal is largely psychosomatic and can be blown out of the water by a decent dose of a psychedelic, empathogen or stimulant. Just try and make use of this 'down time' and avoid picking up where you left off..
It's actually very strange, whenever I have a short run with oxy I always Jones for it real hard for a day or 2 after withdrawals end. However I have had none of those feelings this time. I opened the pantry and saw my wifes script (she takes maybe a few times a month for a very bad shoulder surgey/car accident) and had no desire to grab one. Odd, I'm usually fighting myself to not take one at this time but I have zero desire to. Her on the other hand has been wanting to take one but I have been telling her she should probably wait another day or 2, I dont know if it can have adverse effects after the MDMA use. Basically to sum up my whole experience using while in mild opiate withdrawal was a very positive experience and so far has killed any urge to use opiates.

I'm glad to hear that you've had such a positive result from your experience. However, you need to be aware that this effect does not last. I've been able to go without methadone for up to a week after using MDMA. But the cravings do eventually return. This is why I say that you need to take full advantage of this opportunity to re-evaluate your current lifestyle. You are now in the perfect position to be able to curb your usage of opiates while you are still wrapped up in the bubble of residual empathy.

I'm guessing that your wife still feels the need for her medication because she is less dependent upon it psychology than you are. Psychedelic drugs (of which I Include MDMA) are very good at temporarily suspending psychological dependence on opiates. How you use that suspension is entirely up to you...

Unfortunately I know you are right, that they will eventually return, I have a bad habit of using for 2-3 weeks then stopping for 2-3 weeks. It's like I use just enough to become mildly physically/mentally addicted then stop for a while and start all over. Really trying to break that habit. We actually talked about it other nite while feeling well and I asked my wife to no longer share her leftovers with me because i didnt want to do it anymore. She just took one of her 7.5mg percs and the bottle is gone so she is helping. I'm super paranoid about mixing drugs, is there any adverse effects from her jumping back on pain medicine almost 42hours after MDMA usage? Thanks for all your help!

She takes several other meds and I was able to clear them all as okay to take but found little to no info on opiates shortly after MDMA

I'm super paranoid about mixing drugs, is there any adverse effects from her jumping back on pain medicine almost 42hours after MDMA usage? Thanks for all your help!

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and cannot advise accordingly. All I have is extensive experience...

There should be no negative interactions from her jumping back on her pain medications after use of MDMA - as long as she legitimately needs it.

The only risks are psychological - but sometimes they can be the worst...

Generally, opiates don't cause any negative interactions with other drugs unless the other drugs are themselves CNS depressants. As MDMA is basically a stimulant, opiate medications will simply negate any comedown from the stimulant.

However, this is dangerous territory if you have an addictive personality, and is the reason I got strung out on opiates for 20 years...

Last edited:
Opiates have been a 10 year on and off problem for me, they are the devil. 15 years ago was the last time I did MDMA. I partied alot when younger and opiates were the only thing I never could fully drop for more then 6 months at a time. I dont understand how she can only use them as needed. If they were mine I would eat them up. We had a decently long talk about it while we were enjoying our little party and I expressed to her how deeply I no longer want to continue to use them. It was a good conversation that had been hard for me to talk to her about but you know how mdma can change that lol, so hopefully we work together and it stays in the past. Thanks again

Opiates have been a 10 year on and off problem for me, they are the devil. 15 years ago was the last time I did MDMA. I partied alot when younger and opiates were the only thing I never could fully drop for more then 6 months at a time. I dont understand how she can only use them as needed. If they were mine I would eat them up. We had a decently long talk about it while we were enjoying our little party and I expressed to her how deeply I no longer want to continue to use them. It was a good conversation that had been hard for me to talk to her about but you know how mdma can change that lol, so hopefully we work together and it stays in the past. Thanks again

That is great to hear. The best thing you can do is work together and your experience serves to highlight just how useful MDMA can be in relationship therapy. I really hope things work out for you both.

All the best,

Fubz...