• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there a low enough level at which you will never withdrawal (Kratom/Codeine)?

Synaps3

Bluelighter
So I started taking Kratom about 3 months ago and I've been using it daily (10-16G per day). At about the one month mark I stopped for a week and got depressed, but otherwise no side effects or withdrawal. Recently, the past few days I decided to switch to Codeine to see how that compares. I am completely opiate naive. I've been taking about 300mg per day of it instead of the Kratom. It seems surprisingly weak. I think my body doesn't convert it well or something. At the dose I take it probably feels half as strong as the Kratom. My reason for using has to do with a chronic intestinal pain that's related to IBS. Thankfully, these things have been treating both the pain and the IBS, so I'm very happy about that.

So this leads me to my question: I've recently gone almost 24 hrs without and experience no adverse affects and I'm a little surprised. I kind of want to test the waters and see if I stop again do I experience withdrawal. How many days/hours do I need to go before opiate withdrawal begins?

Is it possible to take a low enough amount to never get withdrawal or is this just impossible? Where is the threshold? How much kratom or codeine could I take per day? (I know it is not going to be the same for everyone, so just a rough estimate would be fine.)

I know that you oxy or heroin people are probably laughing at this. I don't mean to diminish you.

Thanks in advance!

if you take them every day you will probably get withdrawal eventually, unless you are taking such a low amount you don't feel any effects. if you want to avoid withdrawal you need to put some days in between usages, like take kratom 3 days a week.

even at low dose of a weak opioid you will go in WD, but it'll be really easy you 'll just fell tired and depressed

This question has become nearly ubiquitous among those in the community and out. Let met start with my usual disclaimer: Everybody's body is going to operate in a vaguely different fashion due to myriad variables, This means that we must be careful not to ever imply that something is universally appropriate simply because it works for one person. People can get hurt this way, but I totally understand where you're coming from. The best way to look at Opioid use is through this nifty analogy: If you stray ten miles from home, you're going to have to find a way to walk ten miles back. It's not science, but it's basically as close as we can get.

To answer your question, withdrawal is a universal phenomenon. You've introduced a substance into your body which drastically alters its chemistry and biology. Your body in turn adapts to this and when the drugs leave, your body has to fight its way back to homeostasis. So, while it is universal, it could also be so mild that it is barely noticeable. It is a spectrum.

And yet if we jump straight back home from a heavy alcohol addiction you can damage your brain with seizures and possible death, the ultimate damage to brain. Ah just diving right in may sound brave and strong and tough as nails but may be damaging to your long term health. To your brain

A lot of it is mind and setting .. some people get almost no withdrawals from mild use - others just lose it.

Myself in point .. as the first WD I ever had was from a massive 6 month fent OD offset with meth bender (i was doing 6-7x my black out dose regularly offset by meth) at the end of which I was basically banging neat lines of fent just to stop puking after the 4 hours of sleep I could get before the WDs kicked my ass.

After that constant puking crazy delirious K hole of pain withdrawal normal opiates don't feel like they have a withdrawal anymore.

My H ran out in rotterdam (year long habit) a month back and I just took the WDs for 3 days .. hardly noticed them till the flight home (travelling in WD .. yeuch!). Pissed my travel companion off a bit as I needed a lot of breaks .. but hey .. I totally just walked it off.