• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Brexit: Are you a Leaver or Remainer....

Remainer. I know fuck all about economics so I have only ever seen the benefit of membership (unimpeded travel, free health care).

The irony was that I voted for James Goldsmiths Referendum Party back in 1997 (the first GE I was old enough to vote in) after being sucked in by their Euroscepticism - their manifesto was simple - if elected they would hold an in / out referendum before stepping immediately down.

THe first GE I voted in was 2001 - in my naive youth I was suckered in by Blair's evil charisma. Voting in elections now is simply voting for the least-awful party - it's all so depressing I wonder why I bother any more

the sad irony in all this is that handled correctly I think Brexit could be a genuine opportunity, but we're lumbered with an incompetent Prime Minister/government and a useless opposition party.

Only two months to go before the supermarkets all run out of basic items, so stock up people!8o

I understand how disillusioning it is but I always vote on the principle of 'use it or lose it'.

I always vote Lib Dem as they are the only 'major' party who promise progressive drug reform. I know there is more to life than drugs but if they were not illegal I may not be in quite as much a mess as I currently am.

the Lib Dems had a chance to push some of those reforms when they were in the coalition government but I don't remember drugs being much of an issue, apart from the medicinal cannabis debate which is a red herring IMO. Despite the name, they're not really a liberal party - none of them are, and none of them are serious about reforming drug laws.

Now that Canada has legalised pot, surely it can't be long before it happens here though? How much longer must we suffer this charade....

the Lib Dems had a chance to push some of those reforms when they were in the coalition government...

I don't think they did really and never had a chance propping up Tory coalition (they let the students down first and foremost who are ultimately more important than drug users) - I know their manifesto is unrealistic and idealistic but even so, I would never vote for the either of the other 2 (I live in a rural constituency so there are only ever 3 candidates).

Regardless of how much Canada have moved forward, we continue to move backwards - the PM was directly responsible for the PSA which as far as I have seen has done nothing but re - expose people to 'classic' (and often more dangerous drugs) either from returning to the street or through the DNM's. My heroin use bottomed out somewhat for a couple of years there when I could get 3-FPM and the like overnight but skyrocketed again as soon as the ban came in...

I am a remainer. Surely there must be a majority of us now that the UK has seen just how farcical this whole process is becoming?

Remain, definitely. My attitude is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Unfortunately, it's now broken beyond repair...

I don't think they did really and never had a chance propping up Tory coalition (they let the students down first and foremost who are ultimately more important than drug users) - I know their manifesto is unrealistic and idealistic but even so, I would never vote for the either of the other 2 (I live in a rural constituency so there are only ever 3 candidates).

Regardless of how much Canada have moved forward, we continue to move backwards - the PM was directly responsible for the PSA which as far as I have seen has done nothing but re - expose people to 'classic' (and often more dangerous drugs) either from returning to the street or through the DNM's. My heroin use bottomed out somewhat for a couple of years there when I could get 3-FPM and the like overnight but skyrocketed again as soon as the ban came in...

I was happy using kratom - it was really helping me in my life and work until the PS act, and now I've fallen into a slump. Even though I never managed to find out for certain whether kratom was listed as a banned substance in the act, but the legit vendors here were concerned enough to shut up shop

Remainer here. Fucking shambolic the whole thing, the shambollocks of it all will only get worse.

The arrogance and ignorance of some cunts in the UK is frightening...

• 'Get these foreigners out'...
• 'They take our jobs' (you don't even work you lazy fuck)...
• 'These illegals get houses and every benefit under the sun' (I thought they didn't work? Cunts from the EU aren't 'illegal', you don't even know what the fuck you're actually voting for you hate-filled clusterfuck).

The whole Ex-pat when Brits live abroad; but, people from other countries that live here get called immigrants gets on my tits too.

We're goddamn laughingstocks.

Remainer here. Fucking shambolic the whole thing, the shambollocks of it all will only get worse.

The arrogance and ignorance of some cunts in the UK is frightening...

• 'Get these foreigners out'...
• 'They take our jobs' (you don't even work you lazy fuck)...
• 'These illegals get houses and every benefit under the sun' (I thought they didn't work? Cunts from the EU aren't 'illegal', you don't even know what the fuck you're actually voting for you hate-filled clusterfuck).

The whole Ex-pat when Brits live abroad; but, people from other countries that live here get called immigrants gets on my tits too.

We're goddamn laughingstocks.

Exactly!! The future of our children has been determined by a bunch of ignorant, selfish, privileged pensioners with rose coloured spectacles who think everything was better in the old days when 'we' won the war - who will be fuckin dead before they can comprehend just how stupid they were. Them and a bunch of ignorant racists and lying politicians with vested interests that is...

I'm sick of these wankers going on about "it's anti democratic to have another referendum". No it's not. It's anti stupidity you fuckin fuckwanks!

You 'won' by an insignificant majority, and now the whole country has to suffer because of your shortsightedness. Just fuck off and die now.

Leavers are the type of people that listened to the type of bollocks that The Sun was spouting in the 80s that the EU were imposing restrictions on the size and curvature of your bananas. Have you ever noticed any difference in your bananas since we joined the EU, other than the fact we can get them fresh all year round???

I have yet to meet or speak to anyone with a modicum of intelligence who thinks that leaving is a good idea

Last edited:
Well, what about just over the sea? If Northern Ireland is not part of the EU but the Republic of Ireland is, that automatically creates a land border between the EU and Rest of the World. And unless there is a mutually-acceptable trading arrangement between the EU and the bordering country (i.e. the UK), that means full customs checks or risk trade sanctions. It's only going to take one incident -- a consignment of illegal goods imported through Britain, a case of Rabies from a British dog, a crop failure blamed on a plant disease carried by a British vehicle, immigrants crossing the border from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland -- for someone to demand action. There's also the Good Friday Peace Agreement, which rules out re-establishing a hard border in Ireland. And the Republic of Ireland wants a (wet) border between itself and the rest of the EU even less than it wants one with Northern Ireland.

Basically, the GFPA was predicated on the assumption that the UK and RoI would remain in a full Customs Union forever, and leaving the EU is going to be stretching its terms somewhat.

Theresa May could still chicken out at the last minute, and accept any deal the EU27 are prepared to offer -- even if it means joining Schengen, the Euro, changing the road signs to kilometres and driving on the right -- as an improvement over No Deal.

There's also a possibility that the EU27 could agree to grant the UK an indefinite stay on Article 50, if something really, really terrible happened. Something like
NSFW:
[spoil]the title of The Smiths' third studio album coming true[/spoil]

I knew, I mean despite what was being portrayed in the media there was v little doubt in my mind that it was Leave who would win.

Really? Perhaps I was naive, but I felt sure that the vote would be in favour of remaining - though I must have had some doubts as I actually made the effort to vote for the first time since 1983...

Yeah I genuinely felt absolutely confident that it would turn out as it did. I knew how racist and ignorant the general public were so I didn't buy into all the media telling us that there was no chance of Brexit happening- that was just what everyone who worked in media wanted and expected to happen (probably due to surrounding themselves constantly by like minded people. The media were pure arrogant in their believe and/or calculated in their leave/remain political reporting).

Yeh, you're right. This was shown by the total absence of a 'Remain' campaign, whereas the leavers were touting their lies on the side of fuckin buses...

it's the same dynamics which got fuckin Donald Trump elected....

I voted to leave & would again, the EU with their CFP & ECJ is just a form of Communism & nobody wants that, at my heart I'm a Libertarian.
The first time I voted was in this referendum BUT sadly it makes NO difference how you vote when the cards fall, the small few at the very top that pull the strings such as scum like George Soros, Rockefeller family etc will always win, the people like us will always have to clean up their shit & eat the crumbs from their table.

Vive la revolution, Mouvement des gilets :)
"Let them eat cake" Bad PR lady really bad........

it's the same dynamics which got fuckin Donald Trump elected....

Total rubbish, what got him in was the people are fed up with the market taking jobs away, they people were foolish I admit & were sold a dream that never will come true. You do know he only won on the college vote btw which imho is a fraud in itself.

So you would want Clinton in power?.......oh yeah how great that would be (that is sarcastic btw)

As me & several others said that vote was a pick between terminal cancer & HIV, you are screwed whichever you get.

We also had Leave campaigners saying things like, in the event of a Leave vote, they would go straight to Berlin to set up a trade deal to carry on buying German cars. It would almost have been worth it just to see his smug little face when they told him, "Nein -- ist verboten!"

Look, it's simple. You move out of your parents' house, that's it -- you're out, and you can't expect just to borrow the car or ?100 out of you mam's purse anytime you feel like it. And it's not because your parents are "punishing you" for moving out -- but because you don't live there anymore!

I am convinced that a major factor in Leave's success (besides grossly over-spending and telling whoppers a Creationist would be proud of) was who was supporting Remain. I heard a lot of sentiment like Well, if they're in favour of it, I'm going to vote against it! Unfortunately, sometimes the person you dislike can actually be in the right for once .....

It's the whole "im alright Jack" attitude from the leavers that really piss me off. They're now having to concede that the country will be financially worse off post Brexit, but they counter that by saying "well, I don't mind being a bit poorer as long as we've got our independence.. ".

I'm sorry, but many of us are only just managing to keep our heads above water as it is...