• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

50 MG Sativa Capsules

Kathilliana

Greenlighter
My husband (Nerd for short,) and I both got our medical cards in Florida. We've been experimenting and are now completely off both Xanax and Ambien! (This is the best news ever, IMO.) I like the vape the best, because I can completely control dosage.Nerd came home from the dispensary with 50 mg Sativa capsules. Now, my understanding is that a 3-second hit on the pen is approximately a 10 mg dose, which usually sets me up pretty good. I've never taken MJ in capsule form. What's a 50 mg going to do? Is it more like a time release or are all 50 mg going to hit at once?

Dont use the 50 mg (capsules) at once, until you are familiar how injested THC will affect you

You definitely can't really guess what kind of dose you're getting from inhaled THC or any form of weed inhaled. Different people absorb it at different rates and hold it for different amounts of time. Also, oral and inhaled bioavailability are significantly different.

The capsules are a totally different animal I had some medical capsules that didn't work at all or just slightly. I find the distillate syringe is great for anxiety ( depending how severe) or sleep. You just squeeze out the oil put it on let's say a small cracker preferably on a semi empty stomach and it works great. The capsules may work for you, everybody's system is different but I wouldn't try a 50 mg sativa capsule especially for sleep and anxiety. It A little high for a first time edible you can freeze it and cut it in half. I took one of the medical capsules once and hit me 12 hours later, my body just responds differently than some I guess. I start getting relief within 20 to 30 minutes with the distillate syringe. Good luck

I think I'm positive I know which place you mean. They have 10mg capsules but they are half the price for the same amount of pills as the 50mg bottle which isn't worth the price. I haven't had their capsules but 50mg might be a bit much if you got low tolerance.

I'd go with the 850mg distillate syringes I like that product allot. You can vape/dab it or just take it orally without having to cook it. Just start with a small rice grain sized piece.

I think I'm positive I know which place you mean. They have 10mg capsules but they are half the price for the same amount of pills as the 50mg bottle which isn't worth the price. .
Ahh... that's why he went with the 50. Knowing what we are getting is definitely new for us. I will wait and try them when we have a completely full day off, so I can see the impact.

The capsules are a totally different animal I had some medical capsules that didn't work at all or just slightly. I find the distillate syringe is great for anxiety ( depending how severe) or sleep. You just squeeze out the oil put it on let's say a small cracker preferably on a semi empty stomach and it works great. The capsules may work for you, everybody's system is different but I wouldn't try a 50 mg sativa capsule especially for sleep and anxiety. It A little high for a first time edible you can freeze it and cut it in half. I took one of the medical capsules once and hit me 12 hours later, my body just responds differently than some I guess. I start getting relief within 20 to 30 minutes with the distillate syringe. Good luck
Thanks. I would never think to use these for my anxiety. I am bipolar, so I have a full menu of symptoms. My doctor suggested I experiment to see what works with what symptom.For example - when I used to get a panic attack, I would take a Xanax. It took 20-30 minutes, and I had to schedule a nap. Now, I can take a tiny hit on a hybrid pen and the symptoms disappear and I don't get any buzz from it, high or low.I'll try these 50 mg when I'm having one of my down days and see how it works out.

You definitely can't really guess what kind of dose you're getting from inhaled THC or any form of weed inhaled. Different people absorb it at different rates and hold it for different amounts of time. Also, oral and inhaled bioavailability are significantly different.
That's a great point. We went to Colorado last year, and were shocked at all the various options. A 10 mg bite of chocolate didn't provide much feeling for me, at all.

Cross tolerance definitely exists between edibles and smoke/vape form. You can and should make an educated guess about the equivalent amount between the two. Simple calculations such as the maximum amount of activated THC can be made with confidence. The major difference between the two is the fact that you are getting 11-OH-THC in edibles and you are not getting that from the smoked or vaped form since it is synthesized in your body during digestion.

Since you don't have much experience, the best thing to do is start with a small dose and see how it feels. If you are able to split the pill in two or even four doses, do it. Be patient.

I'd go with the 850mg distillate syringes I like that product allot. You can vape/dab it or just take it orally without having to cook it. Just start with a small rice grain sized piece.
This is awesome advice. The activated distillate is easy to work with in virtually all routes of administration. Working with that product gave me a great understanding of my own tolerance as it relates to different routes of administration.

I like balance of thc to cbx their distilette has; not too much or too little. This hybrid one that was 82% thc and 6% cbg worked very well for pain and sleep.

Finally had a chance to try these. They are pretty perfect for a chill evening after a stressful day.