• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Amphetamine Psychosis

JK25

Bluelighter
So I've had my fair share of amphetamine psychosis over the years and consider myself a professional regarding this whole subject.

I've gone through full-blown amphetamine psychosis more times than I can count and this is always at the back end of a heavy few months of binging. Whether it be methylphenidate, cathionones, cocaine, methamphetamine or other stimulants I've gone through it all.

The end result of this is/was normally rehab or admission to a psychiatric hospital to get back to reality when I actually REALLY REALLY start considering suicide not to feel psychotic anymore.

Share some of your worst amphetamine psychosis stories and what you did whilst fucked and also how you got back to planet earth and got over it, if you ever got over it. I've still got lingering effects of intense anxiety and paranoia regarding the most mundane and innocent things.

I only stay up for 3 nights in a row when i'm using, but even so, i'm surprised my manic symptoms haven't popped up.

The ONLY way to recover from amphetamine psychosis is sleep. Good old natural sleep. Whether it be only one night or a few days worth of sober (un-unadulterated) sleep. Nothing else will make the voices and shadow people go away. Believe me.

I only stay up for 3 nights in a row when i'm using, but even so, i'm surprised my manic symptoms haven't popped up.

After day 3 everything goes pear-shaped. It always fucking does. Nothing good ever comes from being awake longer than this.

Was on my computer in the dark, remembering seeing what looked like stop-motion animation in the corner of my eyes. Also have heard voices. They were mostly cheering me on, whatever I was doing ;)

What was your most surreal experience?

All my life I?ve been a rebellious son. At the age of twelve I smoked my first joint.

It opened up a whole new world for me. I moved from Ok to TN. At thirteen to 17 o smoked weed when I could. At 16 my stepsister died in a autobobile accident. I was a a crusade when I came home and found she died.

I did a slight 180. It was kinda scary.

I moved back to Oklahoma November of 2002. In 03 I was shipped off to Job Corps. I didn?t like the atmosphere and was intrigued by ecstasy. I went awal.

I lived in the big city of Oklahoma. I was doing every drug I could get my hands on. In 2004 I met a chick from the clubs. Yeah right, the perfect place to find love. My main drug abuse was meth. In May of 05 after doing so many drugs I got very paranoid that I gave her HIV. that month I went to the department of human services to see about a blood test.

I was so paranoid that I walked out and walked all around OKC IN no certain direction. I finally went to a pay phone and called the cops. The person that picked up was a Gay K9 officer I stole about 20 grams of pure cocaine that was for his dog. I go back to jail and dry out. I told the judge I was guilty cuz I thought I was in there for passing a STD.

I get out and I thought I was in a dawn of the dead movie. I take five ecstasy to end my life. I make a scene at a gas station and go back to jail.

I was thrown to the floor. Felt like I was raped. Thrown into a stretcher and shot up in both forearms. They took a sample of blood and off to the hospital and the. Detox. I wake up and I?m completely out of it.

The next day I go to my ex?s house and make a scene in front of the entire neighborhood. I go back to jail and I?m out over night. The next day I bring my ex over and tell her I gave her HIV,

She leaves and I started losing it so I ran to a house and broke their window.

I go back to jail but but this time I was completely out of it.

Long story short I was in jail for two months. Get beat up pretty bad and finally get our. Over the course of a few more months I was literally the most fearful thing to go thru. I finally start snapping out of it and my ex breaks up with me. In May of 06 I started going thru that psychosis/tribulation again.

This time I said heck no and gave my life to Jesus. I had the most explosive profound experience ever. For two years I was of fire for God,

In 08 I was hit with obsessive thoughts that terrified me. In that summer I was struggling so bad. Since then I?ve struggled, but that experience was there just to wet my appetite.

I really wished I had a one on one talk with someone before I got into all the crap I did.

Last edited:
The ONLY way to recover from amphetamine psychosis is sleep. Good old natural sleep.

I agree. I watched a friend of mine go through the psychosis and it was horrible to see and try to convince them nobody was there. I have been very fortunate to not suffer from paranoia or psychosis. But the only thing that helped my friend was sleep.

My best friend got on meth and was staying up as long as he could before collapsing (5-7 days usually), then sleeping for like 36 hours, then repeating, for about a year and a half. He was psychotic most of the time, and it was really traumatic for everyone around him. He destroyed several apartments by removing all the lightbulbs (because there were cameras in them), ripping up carpets and floorboards (because there were people digging tunnels underneath to spy on him), even breaking holes in the walls and ceilings (because there were also tunnels behind the walls and people hiding in the ceiling recording his keystrokes). He was convinced someone stole $4 million from him (that he never had) and that it was his brother. He told all sorts of insane stories that were really hard to believe and he always thought there were people everywhere spying on him. Some of it really happened, for example he was slashed in the face with a knife and also shot in the arm. he claimed it was his brother... his brother denies it but his brother was also on meth so who knows. He started trying really hard to scam me (and other friends/family) out of money and would say the most horrible things when we'd refuse. He threatened his parents with a knife when they drove there to try to bring him home with them. He ended up homeless for a while in the middle of a cold winter, robbing people and engaging in other crime, before miraculously (probably because he was homeless and destitute and couldn't get more meth for a while), an old friend called him and somehow talked him into spending the $500 she gave him on a plane ride back to his parents and to go into rehab. Not sure how she did it because I couldn't do it.

Anyway he did 3 months of rehab and now it's been like 9 months since then, living with his parents, working and saving money. For quite awhile he was still paranoid but it got progressively better. I saw him last week and he finally seemed legitimately like his old self. He said the whole time was really crazy and is cloudy now and he isn't able to determine which parts were real and which were psychosis except for the wounds he received. I pray he will continue to stay on the right path.

Anyway, yeah... methamphetamine is a hell of a drug.