• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I?ve never tried the drug. I?ve heard so many varying stories about it though I?m not sure what to believe pertaining it. I?ve heard from some it doesn?t get you high and that?s why it?s used for detox. Then I?ve heard some say it got them extremely high. Which is it? Cause if I ran out of opiate early and wanted to give it a shot, that?s a huge discrepancy to consider. I guess I just need some basic information on it because I?ve never taken it and frankly I?d never wanna purchase something I?m unaware of.

Not an easy question to answer I'm afraid. Some people get high from it, others don't. It all depends upon what you personally perceive as a 'high'. It's also very dose dependent, and finding the correct dose for you is also dependent upon the size of your current habit, so it involves quite a bit of trial and error.

It's also not as euphoric as heroin for example, but the right dose can provide a very long lasting, functional high.
However, if you take too much, it can be quite dysphoric. When I was on methadone maintenance, the general rule of thumb was 10mg equated to a 100mg bag of brown street heroin - though I think they were erring on the side of caution there - I personally would say 15 - 20mg per bag myself, but again there are many variables involved such as the quality of gear you're used to and your metabolic rate.

But to get to the point, if you're due to run out of your usual opiate but can get methadone it won't be a waste. It stops withdrawal in its tracks and lasts all day. However, it does take a while to kick in, so the trick is to not take too much in one go - otherwise it can knock you on your ass. How much is too much depends upon what and how much you're currently using. If you can provide that info, I'm sure someone could advise a reasonable starting dose. I'm only familiar with UK brown heroin, so my advise may not be relevant.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I?ve never done heroin, but I typically do 20-25 mg of hydrocodone daily (potentiated with benedryl, tums, anti-diarrhea meds, etc.)

IDK, I just got off methadone. Was hard. Took for over 6 yrs. I wish I wouldn’t have went that route.

Not an easy question to answer I'm afraid. Some people get high from it, others don't. It all depends upon what you personally perceive as a 'high'. It's also very dose dependent, and finding the correct dose for you is also dependent upon the size of your current habit, so it involves quite a bit of trial and error.

It's also not as euphoric as heroin for example, but the right dose can provide a very long lasting, functional high.
However, if you take too much, it can be quite dysphoric. When I was on methadone maintenance, the general rule of thumb was 10mg equated to a 100mg bag of brown street heroin - though I think they were erring on the side of caution there - I personally would say 15 - 20mg per bag myself, but again there are many variables involved such as the quality of gear you're used to and your metabolic rate.

But to get to the point, if you're due to run out of your usual opiate but can get methadone it won't be a waste. It stops withdrawal in its tracks and lasts all day. However, it does take a while to kick in, so the trick is to not take too much in one go - otherwise it can knock you on your ass. How much is too much depends upon what and how much you're currently using. If you can provide that info, I'm sure someone could advise a reasonable starting dose. I'm only familiar with UK brown heroin, so my advise may not be relevant.

You potentiate hydrocodone with anti-diarrhea meds? How does that work/what’s the thinking behind that? Hydro is pretty good at stopping up the works on its own.

You potentiate hydrocodone with anti-diarrhea meds? How does that work/what’s the thinking behind that? Hydro is pretty good at stopping up the works on its own.

Heh, I think you quoted you wrong post there mate... :)

IDK, I just got off methadone. Was hard. Took for over 6 yrs. I wish I wouldn’t have went that route.

Well, it's not known as 'liquid handcuffs' for nothing. It took me bloody years as well, but once I made a concerted effort and stopped using on top, It took me about three years to taper completely. But it was worth it...

I've been on Methadone for 8 years and the clinics start you out at 30mgs. If that doesn't keep withdrawals away they go up 10mgs each day. I'm on 90mgs, been on 90 for 5yrs. Just don't take more than 30mgs at first. These are 24hr doses. If you mix xanax or anything like it with Methadone you're likely to die in your sleep. It's very dangerous and I believe Anna Nicole Smith and her son both overdosed by mixing. You won't feel other drugs because it blocks them but will keep you feeling normal, no sickness. Just remember take no more than 30mgs for the first and add 10mgs every 24hrs and don't mix and you will be fine.

If you have a low opiate tolerance you will get high. Be careful though. Here in Scotland it is the most common substance found in drug related deaths. Especially if polydrug using.

It's all dose dependent but yes you can get high off it and it's not half bad. I actually like the methadone high. The 10mg tablets are $5 a piece from my source here and the methadone high will last almost allday verses a few a few hours with most persciption opiods/opiates so when the source gets their perscription that month I buy most of them for the price you can't beat it when a 30 mg oxy is 25 here but 30 mg of methadone would be 15 and it would last longer. To me it takes awhile to start kicking in like probably a hour to an hour and a half. It's only really euphoric the first 3 or so hours once you peak but the warm fuzzy feeling will last me all day and plus for some reason methadone makes me wanna do stuff like oxycodone instead of stay locked on my couch like morphine or Subutex and methadone makes me feel real happy and content. All in all I enjoy it but I know quite a few people it affects differently that don't like it.