• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos High Dose Benzo Withdrawal Potentially Fatal, Need Help with quick Taper Plan.

I Am ordering Diclazepam Powder and all I need now is to figure out how successfully make A Propylene Glycol Solution out of it. The more important issue I need to figure out is how much Diclazepam I should be using and how often is the main factor of importance. Since Diclazepam has a long half life but I do not know if it is a longer half-life than Clonazepam or A shorter one since if Diclazepam has roughly the same length half-life as Clonazepam then it would make things a lot easier. The problem with Norflurazepam is it can last as long as 250 Hours and since it is a Metabolite of the RX Flurazepam Benzo the potency is not well established being a new benzo without a lot of sources for it unlike the literally countless sources from literally everywhere I can get Clonazolam and or Flualprazolam which besides not knowing the half-life of these Benzos Clonazolam is known for making Benzo Tolerance super high which I really want to avoid happening and the obvious one being Etizolam is useless for A Taper.

So can anyone maybe give Me point Me into the direction of an existing thread on these forums for an actually descent educated and estimated/confirmed half-life for Diclazepam or it would be good to know even if I Am completely stuck with simply guess how long the half-life is?

What are u even talking about^ more importantly what is the purpose of your post it is of benefit to this thread. If you even read it which I doubt highly. ** Face Palms then Face Palms again*...

I am using my prescribed 10MG Nitrazepam and 2.5MG Klonopin And I tried switching the Xanax out for Valium but it didn't seem to work I am not sure if I needed to get the long acting Metabolites to build up so I am using 4 different kinds of Benzos and it's hard to tell cause of the sleep deprivation but I think I am getting an increase in side-effects I have read that mixing different them can result in higher chances of fatal respiratory depression and Doctors can only Prescribe 2 different Benzos at one time.

Should I make A new thread about this specific subject I don't know much more significant when it comes to Respiratory Depression when using them with my 90 MG Daily Methadone Maintenance Therapy.

Last edited:
You don't have enough benzos to get help? Fine... Your body/brain.

Indeed.

you clearly did not read the i got diclazepam to wean down **face palms** this thread is just full ignorance now so clearly answers my question about whether i should be making a new thread. Please for the sake of people who need help read all the posts the person made not just OP out of respect too thank you.

I typed that i have diclazepam to wean down literally right above the one post of his your quoting so once it arrives I can wean down by 10% as of now but before i couldn't but like i said

//Thread Closed

No need to create a new thread, just forget what everyone's said thus far.

What is your status now? Did you get BZD's? How many do you still have? I can't help with a taper plan necessarily; you and your body will know best if you're familiar with this. I could suggest doses but I don't want to guess wrong.

I have no diclazepam experience; don't even know the relative potency, sorry.

If someone IS watching over you, make sure they have like 1 dose of BZD's on hand and a car to take you to the ER, IF things get bad. I'm assuming and HOPING for your sake they won't. No one wants to end up in that situation.

I am using my prescribed 10MG Clonazepam and 2.5MG Klonopin And I tried switching the Xanax out for Valium but it didn't seem to work I am not sure if I needed to get the long acting Metabolites to build up so I am using 4 different kinds of Benzos and it's hard to tell cause of the sleep deprivation but I think I am getting an increase in side-effects I have read that mixing different them can result in higher chances of fatal respiratory depression and Doctors can only Prescribe 2 different Benzos at one time.

Should I make A new thread about this specific subject I don't know much more significant when it comes to Respiratory Depression when using them with my 90 MG Daily Methadone Maintenance Therapy.

10 milligrams of clonazepam is insane huge doses, I wouldn't attempt an at-home taper. You'll probably not fare well, unless you're like me and you are like INSANELY resilient to using BZD's and not getting WD's.

Everyone is different but there's a bad trend with dosing like this we've seen in the human race. Please take care. You can disregard this if you're a time-travelling alien species.

Whoa that was a typo i am not using 10mg clonazepam using 10mg nitrazepam which im prescribed and 2.5mg clonazepam which 1mg of that is prescribed and i just acquired some Diazepam so been using 10MG of that with 0.5MG xanax or 1MG lorazepam depends on what i got at the time I am not sure if the Diazepam just needs to build up in my system or some since the equivalent dose of Xanax 0.5mg replaced with 10MG Diazepam feels like it's literally doing nothing.

I want to create a new thread about the nitrazepam and clonazepam and valium plus either equivalent dose of xanax or ativan i am mixing before the diclazepam arrives in the mail since i read that mixing different benzos can cause increased respiratory depression and being on 90mg methadone and baclofen and gabapentin I can definitely notice an increase in cognitive impairment so it's worrying that fatal respiratory depression is not something you can just notice happening. I figured maybe it would be a better question for neuroscience and pharmacology?

I was considering to take some clonidine to help me sleep tonight but I'm obviously more anxious than normal that it could be potentially fatal since I don't have a blood pressure kit to try a low dose or some and see how that goes and move it up it will take at least nother 12ish days before the diclazepam arrives. If I was in withdrawal I wouldn't be as worried but I am trying to just maintain my dose until my package arrives.

Last edited:
Oh ok so like can you tell me in an equivalent in a drug like alprazolam/clonazepam what your relative BZD dose is?

When I was younger and taking all the DRUGZ I could remember relative equivalencies a bit better. Oh fuck it I'll just google it...

oh ok 10mg nitrazepam ~ 1mg alprazolam

I SEE, I see.... let me think

ok so you're saying the equiv. of about 3.5mg clonaz/day.

That's like moderate-high but not insane high. Whatever you acquired should be sufficient to taper with. Go every other dose, begin to feel the anxiety and bad feelings now instead of at the end, and you'll do alright. If you're prone to anxiety from drug withdrawal or have gone through BZD withdawal before, it will be incrementally/exponentially worse from what I've heard.

I think if you do 10mg diazepam and then add on a shorter/intermediate BZD in low dose for breakthrough, that's going to be going from like

3.5 equiv. of clonazepam

to about 1.5-2mg or something in that ball park.

This is a good first step. You should hopefully taper a bit more too if you can, ok?

Some people (me) can just stop at that level without symptoms but I'm not the average grizzly bear.

you clearly did not read the i got diclazepam to wean down **face palms** this thread is just full ignorance now so clearly answers my question about whether i should be making a new thread. Please for the sake of people who need help read all the posts the person made not just OP out of respect too thank you.

I typed that i have diclazepam to wean down literally right above the one post of his your quoting so once it arrives I can wean down by 10% as of now but before i couldn't but like i said

//Thread Closed

I read all the posts. Why are you so averse to getting help? Not trying to jinx you but I don't really see tapering working the way you're mixing and matching benzos. At the very least get down to one benzo and then scale down, but again this is something you should really be doing with a doctor.

Why are you so averse to getting help?

Well, I know why I am. *shrugs*

Nutty has a good point; it can be hard to ask for help. Don't feel afraid to seek help. It's probably the #1 mistake I made in life was not accepting more help from others in the years' past.

Thomas; have you ever stopped BZD's all together before? Your history is unclear or if you've shared it I missed it (someone else may quote/point it out to me).

If you have the diclazepam tapering down is simple at least in theory. Read the Ashton manual, replace every mention of diazepam at 1/10 the dose and that's it. Everything is described in it, if I remember correctly you first slowly replace the current benzo you're on with diazepam (so in this case diclazepam) while remaining on the same dose, after that you slowly lower your diazepam (diclazepam in your case dose). All you need is time (don't try going too fast), enough diclazepam (hope you have the powder because by the end your doses will be sub mg) and will power (probably the biggest problem).

Tbh you can taper with clonazepam too (any long hl benzo that's not very subtype selective should work, the Ashton manual uses diazepam because it fits this + is available in 2 mg pills which you can further split to get even lower doses).

^ you seem like your trying to help but you either did not read my posts or did not understand what I said or I can only conclude you didn't read all my posts but this thread is a shit show so maybe u did I don't know but if you did read it you should know I don't have a bunch pills and u know what i'm not repeating a repeated repeat post again. Your post makes no sense at all describing me going to sub-mg dosing since if you read you would know I am prescribed 1MG Clonazepam and 10MG Nitrazepam and I only want to go back to using my 1MG clonazepam daily dosing again not completely wean down and stop the benzos that being typed and that time being gone and not coming back onward we go with my post!

I can't use the diclazepam yet as I don't have tracked shipping and I am still waiting for it arrive and I am worried customs may have seized it even though it's completely legal since they do that cause they can even if it does come and I get I got a long thing I don't want to ype and explain how I gotta get a refund for the fucking Propylene Glycol that was supposed to arrive here a long time ago and in theory it is simple but in reality the solution will degrade in potency and then I am fucking fucked with a solution with an unknown amount of Diclazepam Potency in it unless I literally were to make a new solution every 2 weeks or some and my only option would be to get everclear alcohol which I need to pull more money out of my ass.

Nobody here knows me or knows my life or what i am going I got a fucking broken sump pump that WON'T STOP going off severy 30 fucking seconds and it's impossible to sleep going through withdrawal or not like this in my living situation never mind the other details in my life I simply don't have time to type down to waste my time to get no where. I can tell you though that if it was not for my Parents helping me out with everything from driving me to the Methadone Clinic to piss test every week which I can't wake up to walk up the fucking street only a 2 minute walk to do it on my own I wanna off myself simply due to the fucknig fact I am a huge burden on my parents I would be a hobo on the street pan handling for coins right now if it was not for them helping me out with everything even cooking my food for me right now my mom is bringing cause if she doesn't i simply just don't have the energy/ability to get up and stand and cook my own damn fucking food etc. and my mom and dad have been helping me for 5 years now so ya I would of thought bluelight.org would be least judgemental forum every but it turns out i am wrong about that especially the performance enhancing drugs sub-forum gawd judgemental assumption that is just wow that's all I got to say wow! Or all the time I got to type i should say lol.

Now to the point I am at the equivalent dosing of 4MG of Clonazepam right now and even if i lower my dose by 0.125MG of clonazepam I get horrible withdrawal symptoms like muscle twitches from literally head to toe my eyes mostly and my calves twitching etc. along with the other typical classic symptoms so I guess as long as I don't have a risk for seizures I can lower my dose by 10% not eat any food at all or sleep a wink for like months on end until my taper ends rofl I think that's literally impossible but hey if I DO accomplish it I will loose weight inevitably etc.

That being said I don't even have enough benzos or money to get everclear and I don't even have the fucking brain function right now from so little sleep and food etc. to do anything but think about suicide and i want to strongly emphasis I do NOT want to kill myself that being said I don't even want to come on these forums anymore since I am literally wasting hours of my time in desperate search of help in many different ways and all I get is judgment and nobody asks me they just assume.

Nobody asks me "are you on methadone for your major league hardcore back pain or for maintenance from addiction to other opioids" and they just close my thread saying "Were not here to help you get high" which the admin who closed my one thread I made when asking about ugh fuck it I dont have the energy finish this story point is the person that closed my thread said sorry and that he can't imagine how I must of felt. Ya so basically it's fuck you Thomas and sorry Thomas when the damage done and over with.

I almost forgot I have been through Benzodiazepine withdrawal at least three times that i can remember once when I was 15 I used 2MG lorazepam one in the morning and one at night for two weeks being young and not knowing that they were physically addictive at the time and I stop them suddenly and got some bad withdrawal from that but I also used 10-30MG of Diazepam daily for about 30 days in a row and stopped that cold turkey with only slightly heightened anxiety so it's safe to say I am a bit sensitive to benzo withdrawal but then again i dont know if it's because I was 15 and my body and mind was still developing hence like I have used clonazepam like 6MG daily for 2 weeks straight before and went back to my normal maintenance benzo dose like in 2015 and experienced no withdrawal from that but this is all very different from using things like Xanax and my nitrazepam prescription with -Clonazepam for 6 Months and its now more like 7 to 8 Months I have been using more than the 1MG of Clonazepam I would use daily and then I just used a bit extra once a week and switched between my Nitrazepam 10MG pills to the 1MG clonazepam

Which for some reason before this all happened I would use 1MG of clonazepam and got no sleep or anxiety relief but a single 10MG nitrazepam dose gave me strong anxiety relief and helped me sleep when I would take it at like 12:00 P.M. and it still lasted long enough to help me sleep at night yet 10MG Nitrazepam is equal to 0.5MG clonazepam and before someone says the obvious fact that hypnotics tend to be more intoxicating for lack of a better word for it my brain can fucking find right now but yet 1MG of Clonazepam did not have any effect.

I am prescribed PMS Brand of Clonazepam since Klonopin and Rivotril are discontinued so I am told and I have read that clonazepam specifically more than other Benzos have more or less of the drug absorbed in different brands and I have read generic Diazepam absorbed only 75% of the drug compared to the Brand Name Valium of Diazepam. I also read Actavis Clonazepam seems to be the worse brand.

I also have been taking literally 20MG of Diazepam to replace a half mg of Xanax or half a mg of clonazepam and it did jack shit it felt like I ate bunk pills but I know for a fact they are straight from the pharmacy and I thought it was just that I needed to wait for the long acting metabolites to build up which I read it can take 14 days for Diazepam to build up to steady levels. But the Diazepam feels like it's literally doing nothing at all so ya I truly believe since I can't find any other explanation to as why I am getting major difference in the required dosing for the equivalent Benzodiazepine doses for detoxing. Which these Benzodiazepine Equivalent Charts are meant to give an idea of how to switch from different Benzos to help withdrawal or prevent withdrawal etc right?

I don't expect anything to come of this post in fact I expect to come back and check this thread probably get told it's all in my head which I proceed to **face palm** and etc. etc. etc. and a full unkown solid amount of minutes it took me to type this since I type fast it was not that much time consuming to do but I haven't showered literally in 2 weeks so I need to do that right now instead of typing in a thread to people that are just flaming me. Oh and I love the post of "This guy must of blacked out on benzos when making this OP" or what ever that twat said. Oh how I wish it was possible for me to black out on benzos I remember it all every detail of every day of every burning firey flaming passion of hate for every person that has done me wrong etc etc.

In case it's not obvious I am becoming 100% totally fucking completely unhinged! It frightens me where this path is about to fucking lead me.

Last edited:
^You are getting annoyed at people offering you advice which is a bit rude. Furthermore, your posts are extremely.long and honestly rambling, it is very difficult to get to what you are really trying to say. Not flaming you, I have to work hard myself to make sense.

No one is saying this is all in your head. Quite the opposite, everyone is acknowledging that benzo withdrawal is a serious medical issue. We are trying to understand how best to help you. Let's keep it simple: what is your daily dose of any of the benzo you're on? I've been there and want to help but need you to briefly clarify your dosing. I'm not able to follow your long posts, my brain is stupid. :|

We can help but you need to help us help :)

I am on an equivalent of 4MG Clonazepam daily to keep it simple I have stated the dose I am currently on literally countless times in each post it feels like but that's literally a moot point at the moment.

Now the helpful thing I need right now is an answer to my question which are u all sure 10% reduction a week which literally countless of people have posted that is what I assume is quickest one can safely lower the dose but I am worried about whether lowering the dose that quickly is not going to throw me into seizures or some since I have noticed that after not using my Inhaler after a long story of how I came across information and then talked to my General Practitioner which I now know it lowers the seizure threshold and since I stopped using my inhaler I have had these horrible constant muscle twitches constantly which has stopped take that information for how you will just remember it's a moot point the only thing that is not a moot point now is whether 10% weekly reduction of a long-acting benzodiazepine like Clonazepam is safe I know everyone has to go at there own speed

I am also a bit worried previous withdrawals are adding to my problem of increase withdrawal symptoms. I have had literally everyone auto assume something instead of asking me what my situation is etc. and that is why it seems I am "rambling" because I type fast so it is not a problem for me to give you all every single detail I think you may or may not need and I am only "seem" which is the word acting rude because the majority of the posts have been nothing but rude to me with the exception of the few. Like Captain.Heroin thank you for the little spark of faith in keeping this thread open for now I have huge respect for the moderators and admins that run this place.

Last edited:
will keppra stop seizures from meth?

Has nothing to do with this topic mate.

Thomas, I still cannot quite follow you, but I'm saying 10% a fortnight- isn't that the accepted schedule? It's what I did. That is the best way to avoid seizures and unless you have a seizure disorder, you should be safe.

And yes, repeated withdrawals tend to intensify. I cannot really use benzos for a day without getting significant withdrawal due to the phenomena known as kindling.

What type of inhaler? Some that are used for asthma are adrenal agonists and can cause some peripheral effects like increased heartbeat and possible anxiety but I don't think they would dramatically impact benzo withdrawal.

You type like you are a bit anxious or stressed- honestly, we are here to help but you need to make sure we understand you...

Hey Thomas it's been a few weeks, how are you managing? Sounds like a nightmare. At least you have your parents looking after you.

I'm dealing with W/D and or PAWS from alcohol myself, been battling it for 4 months, as well as a generally messed up life situation. Seroquel helps me sleep, although has it's own rebound/withdrawal.

Anyway, I hope you're ok and don't give up on getting off all the benzos.

As far as making a PG solution, it's very easy, just put the PG into a glass bowl and set that on top of boiling water in a pot (ie, a double boiler setup), and it will heat up pretty quickly, just stir the benzo powder until it has completely disappeared and then keep stirring for a while just to make sure.