• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do my eyeballs spin around uncontrollably

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Hi guys im having an annoying issue with the above I put some ice cold water on my fzce and hair but i think it was to cold because I nearly lost balence then my eyes started going crazy

I've never had that happen to me but it sounds weird and scary. Are you taking any new medications or been under a lot of stress? Maybe lie down with your eyes closed, an ice pack and take deep breaths. Try not to get yourself worked up about it.

Like they are rolling up and down in your head, back and forth, like you looking in circles like when you follow a doctor's flashlight, or in rapid twitches?

This only happened once when you put really cold water on your head or does it happen a lot?

It's probably a delayed side-effect from this incident:

Got in a fight with an old associate from school earlier
came up to me talking shit then out of nowhere cheap shots me
I could barely see straight
I think he might have damaged the side of my jaw

I'm not sure if your doctor will still see you after your last visit, but if so, you should talk to him about 'your eyes spinning around in your head'.

Thank you, Kaden for providing that information because it may be causing the eye-spinning.

Pete, is this still happening to you? You may want to see your doctor and get checked out.

I have a problem kinda like that . When I do meth and I'm up maybe 24 hours if I look straight ahead my left eye will uncontrollably turn inwards. Like totally turn into my nose. I used to think my eyesight was just crossing but no just the one eye. I have never asked anyone about it.
I was beat up by my ex about 10 years ago. He got that side of my face the most. I wonder if that has something to do with it? Normally when I'm not high I never have that problem

If it does not stop, I would definitely see a medical professional. It's a common side-effect of many drugs, that is, they often effect the eyes in numerous ways; bloodshot, pupil dilation and constriction, wiggles (Nystagmus) et cetera. If we call problems produced directly produced by drug use "primary" and issues that persist past the presence of the drug in the body "secondary", the secondary issues are things that you need to consider getting checked out.

Are you on any new medications? New diet? Are you taking any 'recreational drugs' (whether legal or not), etc. etc. There are SOME drugs like kratom, that can cause nystagmus. Which is the involuntary twitching of the muscles around the eye's causing them to move rapidly from side to side, up and down or in a circle.

From what you are describing, I'm guessing it is nystagmus... (I use to get it all the time). It can cause you to lose balance, cause vertigo and you can also have trouble focusing on objects, etc. etc.

Last edited:
I think it was just using ice cold water(my boiler was broke) and that shocked me it was scary for like 20 secs and yes that last paragraph is exactly how I felt I instinctively knelt down on the floor so I wouldn't fall over and just sat their with my head in my lap until it wore off

I think it was just using ice cold water(my boiler was broke) and that shocked me it was scary for like 20 secs and yes that last paragraph is exactly how I felt I instinctively knelt down on the floor so I wouldn't fall over and just sat their with my head in my lap until it wore off

Ahh I gotcha. Well hopefully it doesnt happen again. It sucks for sure lol