• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Buprenorphine and weed?

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
Okay so not an opiate addict do have tolerence though. I can get high on Buprenorphine?i take 8mg and i'm high all day. Say i take my 8mg at 11am. Will i be okay to smoke some weed about 12 hours later? Should i expect anything different? Just any input greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

No where did i say that i get high on opiates all day? I take them once twice a week. Just wondering about the combo but thanks...

"Buprenorphine/naloxone, when taken in excess, can produce dysphoric symptoms for non opioid-dependent/tolerant individuals due to buprenorphine being a partial opioid agonist. The sublingual formulation of the buprenorphine/naloxone combination was designed to reduce abuse potential via the injection route in comparison to buprenorphine alone. If the combination is taken via the sublingual route, as directed, the addition of naloxone does not diminish the effects of buprenorphine. When the combination sublingual tablet is dissolved and injected by opioid-dependent individuals, a withdrawal effect may be triggered due to the high parenteral bioavailability of naloxone.[18]While this mechanism can potentially act to deter abuse, the Suboxone formulation still has potential to produce an opioid agonist "high" if abused sublingually by non-dependent persons, leading to dependence on opioids. "

^^ think that is what The Network was trying to say, so just keep that in mind but as for your Q the two are safe to use together if that is the question.

Buprenorphine is a partial opiod agonist similar to how thc is a partial cannabinoid agonist. Partial agonist mostly meaning there is a limit to how much it will stimulate its corresponding receptors. Naloxone is a completely different drug, given in combo with bupe in brand name suboxone. That quotation provided by coffeeshrrom is only really relevant to someone taking suboxone as alternative to high amounts of opioids, who might also be considering getting high off large amounts of their prescribed partial agonist opioid(suboxone).

To the OP, seeing by your other post that you are already passing out from smoking weed... adding a downer probably won't make it any better. If you have no opioid tolerance and lightweight weed tolerance, you might even catch some nods... which may or may not be your goal. Really you'll probably just get way higher, possibly nauseous and dizzy, then hungry and tired.