Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ketamine Sydney Depression

Littleblue

Bluelighter
Hi there,
I used t come to this site years ago for pill reports, i?m here for a different reason now.

I have been suffering from melancholic (biological) depression for 9 months and they plan to give me shock treatment in two weeks. I don?t want this treatment,

There is a clinical trial of Ketamine (proven to work and used overseas as a clinical treatment for depression) but they are not taking participants in Australia at the moment, it?s also a placebo controlled trial.

I?m no party person anymore, I have no idea how to get some ketamine. Can anyone suggest anything?

I?m trying not to sound desperate but I am.

Best,
littleblue

Hi Littleblue,

There is currently a trial being carried out - "Ketamine for adult depression study" that is being conducted through the Black Dog Institute. I am not sure if that is one that you were referencing, but according to the website they actually are currently recruiting in Australia at a few locations! I have posted those details from the site below and you can find out more about the trial here: https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.a...-with-depression/ketamine-to-treat-depression

Currently recruiting:

Royal Prince Alfred Hospital/USyd, Sydney (NSW): [email protected] [phone: (02) 9515 1439]
South Eastern Private Hospital, Noble Park (VIC): [email protected]
Gold Coast University Hospital, Gold Coast, (QLD):[email protected]
Dunedin (NZ): Shona Neehoff - [email protected]

I hope this is of some help. Best of luck with everything.

A. <3

Thanks A,
I have been in touch with BD and spoke to the research assistant (also they have treated me before with a different modality which didn?t work), they aren?t currently taking any new participants and are just adding them to a list at the moment. Also, it?s a placebo control trial so there is a 50/50 chance I?ll get an infusion of a fale drug.
Thank you so much for replying.