• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Valerian Root 4:1 Extract at what Dose do the Side-Effects increase in severity at?

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I Am Buying A Kilogram of Powder Valerian root 4:1 Extract Strength Ratio. I have Read someone used 1000MG And got some Headaches And I use A 3:1 Extract of Valerian Root OTC in Capsules (far more expensive than the bulk powder) And it is 1200MG that's the recommended dose and it says it provides equivalence of 400MG of Valerian Officinalis Raw Herb it says on the bottle.

So my question is how much of the 4:1 Extract do I need to get the same Dose as the 3:1 Extract And more important question being how much Valerian Root is too much to the point it will cause inevitable side-effects or increased chances of them specifically headaches And I have Read Valerian Root can even cause Insomnia And heart palpitations!? Which is the most worrying part since I Am suffering from Heart issues currently.

Any insight whether it is personal experienced anecdotes And in general just information of any kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've taken up to around 2g, and found no negative effects. I may have developed tolerance at the time though. It's one of those things where I can't tell if its worked or not. Also I'm honestly not sure if it's dangerous/toxic at higher doses or what they are, which was foolish on my part. I'd recommend you certainly check to see if toxicity is an issue.

One thing I did note though (this was around 3 weeks back) was that higher doses seemed to cause a lighter sleep, which made me feel a lot less refreshed when I woke up.

I'd be interested to know from how far you can smell the stenching feet smell on a kilogram!

Will let u know when I receive And it is odd how it smells bad but doesn't taste as bad as it smells lol.

Less is more. It's been a while since Ihave used Valerian root extract but I have used Red Spikenard oil more recently, which is related. In the end I ditched it and committed to a more personally satisfying exercise / psychological support regimen to induce sleep.

I don't see how the less is more relates to Valerian Root. I only worry to much would have some rather negative annoying side-effects such as a headache. But Like I said I take 1200MG at once of the 3:1 Extract Capsules And at least 400MG every night.