• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jonnyhalo How long has it been since you've taken a dose of invega? If it's been 5 months then you're most likely clean. The symptoms you have are most likely from the "illness" you were diagnosed with. Also, don't listen to that sharvansara guy. Just listen to his style of writing. The guy sounds like a complete fool. I don't believe for a second that he did any research on medication and if he did, it was minimal work and he never published anything.

@invegolas I've done 5 months since I'm in total anodia because this medication depends on people even 5 months and a week for me I'm not cured at all ... and for me it's not the symptoms of the disease are conneries invented by my psy4, before the neuroleptics I had feelings, libido, a train of thought and magic because it was taken away with my psychotrope taking ... and I'm says this kind of consolation

@Antipsychotique33 I'm not really sure what you just said. Try to structure your sentences a bit better.

I've been doing research about Invega. I will be posting about it here. I figured out how I was able to function in 8 months. It's because THC attached to the same receptors risperdal does. This shuttles out the risperdal making it less effective. I can find the article but just look up THC and Risperdal and you will see that there is good scientific events based on a study.

Once I finish my research I will post it all to help others.

THC weakens Risperdal.

Here's what I got for now. I will be doing more research and making notes once I get my new phone cause it's all on a SD card and I'm doing this from work. Any questions just ask.

Invega sticks to fat. Invega is excreeted through urinating. Found in patients 3 years and under.

THC increases activity in a protein transporter called P-gp. This is what shuttles drugs like Risperdone (Invega) out of the brain.
-reduces level of Risperdone
-makes Risperdone less affective reducing it's "therapeutic impact"

Adderall increases dopamine activity.
Antipsychotics block these receptors.
-both interact with the same receptor
-both effective on lymbic system and cortex.

UPDATE: Information on what I am talking about explained in scientific terms so beware it's hard to read.

Our results therefore suggest that THC exposure impaired
the neurobehavioral actions of risperidone, not by altering
receptor binding or drug metabolism, but by interfering with
risperidone disposition leading to subtherapeutic brain
concentrations. Considering these findings, we hypothesized
that the THC-induced reduction in brain risperidone levels
might be explained by enhanced expression of the ABC
transporter P-gp. Such a theory is supported by the
observation that P-gp strongly influences the brain dis-" sorry I don't have the rest here I'm on a older phone waiting for a new one.

Website-https://www.nature.com/articles/npp201750

Last edited:
37 weeks. 262 days off. 8 1/2 months. No improvements. This is sick. 5 injections.

& I know it has not left my system because I haven’t taken any antipsychotic medication since November & I haven’t had any symptoms. I just regret ever receiving this medication. Worst decision ever. I’m suffering meanwhile the rest of the world is enjoying their lives.

I just watched a really great talk by Robert Whitaker on psychiatric drugs and their impact on people. It's an hour-ana-half long talk and he touches on a lot of bases. Search up "Robert Whitaker - Psychiatric Drugs: Do They Fix Imbalances or Do They Create Them - Part 2" if you want to watch it. The main thing that I got out of the talk was that these antipsychotic medications such as invega are effective at treating the short-term acute symptoms of psychotic illnesses but may not be good for long term treatment. One thing he said is that staying on these antipsychotics for years actually shrinks the brain causing cognitive issues. He also said that 30% of people taking psychiatric medication long term develop permanent psychosis while on medication. Those were key points that he made that stood out to me but he also talks about how drug companies fit a narrative and even shut up or devalue the work of some finds in research in psychiatry. He talks about a lot of stuff... Great video if you have the time to watch it.

Google says all kinds of things. But one things SSRIs don't do, essentially without exception, is shrink the hippocampus. It's more though the opposite--activation of neurotrophic factors in the dendate gyrus of the hippocampus, mainly brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), leading to stronger neural connections, and yes, even growth of new neurons in this region.

That theory of brain-shrinking being significant has been rebutted. It only increases natural shrinking by a fraction of a percent more.

^per their mission statement, they are already bias against psychiatric meds...

That article is six years old.

From two years ago, courtesy of experts of Columbia University: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170505085003.htm--Benefits of antipsychotics outweigh risks, find experts

From 2014, a year after your article, by researchers from Caimbridge: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140718172039.htm--shrinkage by antipsychotics only increases by .2% more per year

hey found a strong correlation between the level of antipsychotic treatment someone had taken over the course of the follow-up period, and the amount of shrinkage of brain matter as measured by repeated MRI scans. The group concluded that “antipsychotics have a subtle but measurable influence on brain tissue loss”

But that doesn't mean the shrinkage is significant

Haldol is an outlier. It appears mildly toxic, but it's always a cost-benefit scheme. Sometimes, not being on it creates more toxicity than being on it.

You know that a recent medication in trials didn't hurt primates, but created irreversible damage in humans (in France, it was an FAAH inhibitor). You can't make conclusions about one from studying the other.

Also, theory has changed. Large doses are increasingly becoming medium doses, and even small doses, so that therapy can best work. So, 8-10 mg of Risperdal in the past is more like 4-6 mg these days. A lot less potential to shrink the brain.

association between antipsychotic treatment and brain shrinkage

That doesn't mean it compromises daily life.

There's not alot of studies of marijuana THC weakening Risperdal besides the one article I found. Has anyone began to experiment with THC and steadily used it? We need more people to test if this method works. It could be the cure.

^Not by any means. THC will worsen your condition, 99% sure. If you want to recover and be yourself, why continue to seek foreign substances to put in your body? There's nothing you can simply pop that will negate any negatives as you speak of. It takes hard work. Throwing substances into the equation for self-medication, regardless of which, will make things more messy in the end.

Before I was just backed up to leave, saw this shit

this mf should be paid for his duty, look at him.

dedication

mocking-americans-stereotypes-fb__700-png.jpg

At this point I thought I would be better...8 and a half months off with NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL. My parents thinks the medication has worn off and maybe it has...Maybe this is permanent...and if so IM gonna be out of here. I cant imagine going through this for another year...They have truly messed me up...I told my dad that the doctor has ruined me and he hates when I say that. I wish I had 60,000 dollars to go to Alternative to Med center but the reality is, is that I dont. I dont know what to do at this point..8 months of this bullshit man..Im regretful most of the day..Im probably going to go through the old forum to see if anyone got better after 8 months..why did this happen to me..I pray everyday about this situation and I feel like God is just ignoring me...Maybe im just losing it

Cant see page 19 again
It will only let me see it after I post
I'll delete this post after or you can @Alpha

Hey guys. So I got a total of I think 12 or 13 injections. I?m still getting better. Today marks my 17th month off of Invega..

It?s still in my system. I can tell because when I look in the mirror my eyes look fucking scary. Like if you?re talking to me i assume it?s what people would think is like talking to a wall.

I take a high dose of cbd daily which I think actually has prolonged the metabolization of Invega in my system. I say this bc I was literally in the shower thinking ?wow I haven?t posted on that fucking thread about Invega in MONTHS, I hope all those people are getting better like I did?. But mind you, I didn?t take the cbd the past two days and now my eyes look fucking horrible and my body feels as gross and shitty as it did maybe 5 months ago. The medicated, zombie look on my face when I don?t take the cbd makes me want to off myself (Figuratively). So I mean, CBD helps minimize symptoms but too much shuts down the metabolism of Invega, which is temporarily good but I think it just stays in ur system until you eventually metabolize it out.

I take a low low low dose of klonopin each day as well. That I heard is a no no when coming off Invega so maybe I?ll stop with that. The problem is it?s SO hard not to use benzos or cbd to treat the severe side effects from the drugs...

I?ve lost 70 lbs since I went off the shot. I keep it off by running 7-10 miles a day, 6 days a week.

I take a ton of vitamins and suppliments. Watch out for tyrosine tho, it helped but I took it every day and it gave me THE WORST anxiety I?ve ever experienced. I thought I was dying, it sucked. So yea idk what to do, my goal is to just lower my body fat to maybe 6% because I know that Invega is bioaccumulative meaning it stores itself in your fat cells... so the less fat the less Invega. I?m just scared bc now that I stopped cbd temporarily I feel like I did at month 7 off of Invega (ironically when I started taking cbd in the first place). So Idk what to do.

Diet wise I eat no refined carbs, grass fed everything, vegetables and blah blah blah. Super healthy. Low carb...

I feel better when I?m on the cbd, I look and function better too. The problem is I look like a lobotomized patient if I stop taking the cbd, I also have a harder time getting up and feel exhausted if I don?t take it.

The tardative dyskinesia comes and goes but it has warped my jaw and you can tell it in my muscle tone....

Epsom salt baths help a LOT. Also ice cold showers I take 2 a day, it sounds weird but works wonders.

Idk what else will help. The problem is on my regimen of exercise and cbd and stuff I am like ?this? close to being Able to pass as a decently functioning human being. Just this month I met two people on dating apps and hung out and stuff... but if I didn?t take the cbd they woulda freaked out when I opened the door with these ugly owl eyes signifying that practically nothing is going on in my frontal lobe... idk that?s been the worst with this Invega recovery. Eye contact is so hard bc I know it?s aesthetically off putting to see someone looking dead in the eyes so I never went out. I got out more this month than ever before so there IS Progress but idk.. fuck so yea this has been my update. I can feel a little bit more I can multi task more, my memory has started to get better (the less benzos I take) but yea I?m still not there yet. Ugh yea whatever so also glad this is a new thread, sorry for my rant, just haven?t checked in in months. Thought I?d leave u guys a post. Ask me any questions also give me some tips if u guys can. My intent is to just wait for summer to come and lay out as much as possible bc sunlight breaks down Invega.and continue exercising. If I want to be any what social, I?ll have to load up on the cbd to basically block my liver from metabolising the Invega left in my body as much as it normally would without the cbd.

Long story short tho I was doing SO good until I stopped taking cbd and realized I kind of set myself back by taking it, perhaps, and i just look like a mental patient again- I was finally looking just like another bored, dead in the eyes, person you see on the street. 17 months since my last shot, and my last 3-4 shots were only 39 mg by the way... my guess is if I stick to the cbd I?ll be absolutely fine 30 months off but what the fuck there?s no way I should have to wait that long. Also dude, u guys, I have fucking noticeable man boobs that won?t go away. Like wtf. Ugh I hate life sometimes u guys. It was SO bad in the beginning, but then the past 3 months were so tolerable and positive in the sense of no main complaints except maybe bad sleep... ugh idk I can?t think, just had to get this out. U know the Invega is heavy in ur system when u sign onto this thread. The less that?s active in ur system, the less u even have the thought to log on...

^Not by any means. THC will worsen your condition, 99% sure. If you want to recover and be yourself, why continue to seek foreign substances to put in your body? There's nothing you can simply pop that will negate any negatives as you speak of. It takes hard work. Throwing substances into the equation for self-medication, regardless of which, will make things more messy in the end.

THC is an antagonist against Risperdal. One study provides this. The one I posted.
https://www.nature.com/articles/npp201750

I am fully functional thanks to THC.

Can't get back on to page 19 again unless I make a post, so sorry for another pointless post.
It wont let me delete them once I post them either, so someone else will have to.
Nor sure why this is happening

@lifeline I?m sorry you have experienced no improvements at all, hopefully you?ll have a breakthrough in the coming few months and it won?t be permenant. Definitely having this drug lingering around and messing with literally ALL your body systems is extremely frustrating, I seriously don?t know why psychiatrists give this drug to mild or acute cases that just need love, caring and maybe a few benzos to help relieve symptoms during distress. Anyways, just don?t give up and have faith that you?ll improve even if you can?t feel it at the moment. Everything has an end and you?ll be grateful when all this becomes a memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.