• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
THC is an antagonist against Risperdal. One study provides this. The one I posted.
https://www.nature.com/articles/npp201750

I am fully functional thanks to THC.

One study, even if it's from Nature, cannot by itself prove anything.

First sentence:

Cannabis use increases rates of psychotic relapse and treatment failure in schizophrenia patients.

Second...

Clinical studies suggest that cannabis use reduces the efficacy of antipsychotic drugs

More...

The present study demonstrates that exposure to the principal phytocannabinoid, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), reverses the neurobehavioral effects of the antipsychotic drug risperidone in mic

So, yes, they combat each other in effects. But that doesn't at all mean THC is healthful. In fact, it is likely the surest way of being forcefully medicated with antipsychotics. It's not going to recover one from psychosis.

The study was about a psychiatric theory. For those with psychosis including past weed use, try antipsychotics with this particular mechanism, and THC has the opposite effect.

The mechanism/substances:

non-P-gp substrate antipsychotic drugs

If you are "fully functional thanks to THC", you're a very, very rare case. And I am really, really skeptical about you claiming that....

Can't get back on to page 19 again unless I make a post, so sorry for another pointless post.
It wont let me delete them once I post them either, so someone else will have to.
Nor sure why this is happening

Hopefully it will resolve on it's own. An admin is aware and will be looking into the problem

One study, even if it's from Nature, cannot by itself prove anything.

First sentence:

Second...

More...

So, yes, they combat each other in effects. But that doesn't at all mean THC is healthful. In fact, it is likely the surest way of being forcefully medicated with antipsychotics. It's not going to recover one from psychosis.

The study was about a psychiatric theory. For those with psychosis including past weed use, try antipsychotics with this particular mechanism, and THC has the opposite effect.

The mechanism/substances:

If you are "fully functional thanks to THC", you're a very, very rare case. And I am really, really skeptical about you claiming that....

Look. I don't really care if that's what you think. All I'm interested in is helping people out because I have gotten better in a short period of time. If you don't want to believe that it's up to you lol I don't owe you any kind of explanation.

And you want to ignore all these facts. All these flavors and your chosing to be salty.

Good luck you guys. I am heading away from here. All my friends from before seem to have gotten better and moved on past this point. So have I. I left as much details in the threads about what methods I used for recovery. I am satisfied with myself. I wish you all the best of luck and hope your pain and suffering one day alleviate itself and you will be able to function again. As for me I knew what I had to do and now I am happy again working a job and have a great gf. I like to believe everyone can recover if they do the right thing for there brains and stimulate it again. It's been 8 months and I am not coming back here to suffer anymore. Good luck everyone.

@Rebelhassan thank you for the comforting words. I am just in shock and disbelief that I am in the same situation 8 1/2 months later. I pray about this everyday, I had a business I was working on before all of this transpired and Im not sure if my business partner is awaiting my return. Im just frustrated im still dealing with this horror. I wish I was giving a recovery story at this point but in reality im not.

@Offvega thanks for the recovery story. That shined a light on the forum and gave us a little hope. Best wishes to your future.

Look. I don't really care if that's what you think. All I'm interested in is helping people out because I have gotten better in a short period of time. If you don't want to believe that it's up to you lol I don't owe you any kind of explanation.

And you want to ignore all these facts. All these flavors and your chosing to be salty.

It's not that. I'm trying to be straight up honest with you.

We're not going to sanction people hurting themselves with drugs. That's about it.

THC will make psychosis much, much more likely to occur, especially if one has been medicated with antipsychotics in the past.

Again, not trying to be rude, but you just need to check the literature on this one...

Yooo. Been a few weeks since i posted.

Im doing good.

Lately ive been doing something called music therapy from youtube videos.

I reccommend them for anyone going through problems. They have it for depression, anxiety, ptsd, schizophrenia, bipolar, paranoia, autism, dreaming, insomnia, addiction, losing weight, making your penis bigger, and many more.

Good luck yall.

:)

Just checking in guys and girls. :)

Nothing has changed for me. Doing really really well still working 40+ a week. It's super awesome to have money in my pocket after nearly 2 years with no coin/money. I don't think I will fully recovery/preinvega - I think this is it! take it or leave it. Nothing has improved for me in over 6 months. still no libido, still suffer energy problems, still cant fully feel nicotine, no emotions but it's ok I wont ever forget them how they felt. It's a "new" beginning. I still read this forum and read people story's and whats happening. I hope all you heal or move on to accept things wont be the same again - because remember god never dumps more then you can handle. :)

A life like that I would never accept, I have a heal interest, I would not assume a life without emotion and without thinking, you must heal, impossible to be happy in this situation. .

Hey guys,
I've been off this forum for a few years now after being on invega for 6 months.

I have recovered fully from the damaging effects of this shitty drug and promise you that there is hope for all of you. It took some time before I recovered from the anhedoni and depression it caused me as well as the weight gain.

To give you a little bit about my story I was placed under section in the UK following psychosis and was placed on many drugs like risperidone and abilify. Eventually they discharged me if I agreed to take invega shots. Little did I know at the time How much this drug would damage me mentally. It caused such horrible side effects that I couldn't do my job properly (my thoughts were dull) and I ended up quitting.

I decided after 6 months to stop the injections and it took me at least 8 months to recover. At the time I had gained 20 kg. I went to the gym and ate a low calorie diet for 5 months. That and I took st John's wort and some gingko biloba. Eventually, I regained my life and could actually feel things and function.

Now I eat a healthy low carb diet and have the energy to exercise and hold down a job. I'm on latuda for bipolar but this drug has no side effects at all. I would seriously recommend it as replacement for this invega crap. Just take it at night before you sleep so you don't get akathisia.

There is hope for you guys. Try to hit the gym and lose weight. That should get your metabolism up and especially for guys, the testosterone increase will help get rid of this crappy substance.

Good luck.

@NoMoreZombi
That?s great news! Well done and thank you for giving us hope. Would you say there?s no lingering/possible permenant effects from the invega?

Pretty much full recovery. I don't feel 100% the same as I used to but nothing significant. I can laugh, enjoy alcohol, sleep with women, smoke...etc. my testosterone is very high thanks to gym and eating high fat diet with low carbs. I get erections every morning.

It only takes about 8 months without invega to start seeing noticeable improvement and I would seriously recommend hitting the gym to lose the weight and increase metabolism.

There is hope for amazing recovery!

Hi everyone,
New to this site and looking for some hope for my husband. A little over 10 yrs ago he served in the Army and did a tour in Iraq...combat. he was diagnosed with PTSD. Fast forward to December 2018...we were just about to get married and all my family was coming to meet him in person for the first time. This was definitely nerve racking for him as a combat vet with PTSD. He went to the VA and his psychiatrist suggested invega sustenna. He was given the loading dose 234mg and then a week later 156mg. Soon after he started with the usual side effects. Tremors, shuffling, kinda sedated, restlessness(severe). Well he never went back to get anymore injections due to the side effects he experienced. Sometime in January 2019 those side effects went away but he seemed so depressed, then anhedonia, insomnia, constipation with abdominal discomfort. He was not able to even cry. I just thought this was a bad case of depression from his PTSD but them we started researching Invega sustenna and the withdrawals.
I can say I'm seeing minimal improvement. In late February/early March I started him on supplements and eating healthy. On 3/17/19 he was able to cry, one tear. On 3/20/19 he was able to cry more tears. on 3/23/19 he stated he kind of felt like himself for a brief moment but it went away. He has very little hope that he will recover from this.
After tons of research I started giving him some supplements. I'm not sure what combinations we have tried because there have been so many. Fish oil, magnesium, 5-HTP,Ginkgo Biloba, Lithium orotate, L-Theanine. Yesterday 3/23/19 he started Same-e, niacin, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, continuing with fish oil and multi vitamins. I make sure he doesn't eat bad. Everyday for lunch he has a shake that has spinach, kale, blueberries, mango, banana, apple, almond milk and coconut water. He just started drninking alkaline water. We also ordered an ionic foot bath, it should be here be Wednesday 3/27/19. I've been researching how to eliminate this poison from his body quicker!! I found great info on the alternative to meds centers website. https://www.alternativetomeds.com/services/holistic/neruotoxin-removal/

Ah man, so sorry that happened to you and your husband. That psychiatrist sounds like a quack, a powerful, incredibly long half-life antipsychotic for PTSD? When he went in seeking help for being nervous about meeting your family, no less? That's an incredible amount of overkill.

The good news is, given enough time away from it, your husband will recover. For some here it has taken years but generally it seems like around a year or less is typical. It's only been a few months so far so he definitely won't be recovered yet. The thing is, invega has an obscenely long half-life so it actually takes months to clear the body, and then there are the withdrawals from it to deal with which, as I understand, are similar. But hang in there, he'll recover. :)

Hi everyone,
New to this site and looking for some hope for my husband. A little over 10 yrs ago he served in the Army and did a tour in Iraq...combat. he was diagnosed with PTSD. Fast forward to December 2018...we were just about to get married and all my family was coming to meet him in person for the first time. This was definitely nerve racking for him as a combat vet with PTSD. He went to the VA and his psychiatrist suggested invega sustenna. He was given the loading dose 234mg and then a week later 156mg. Soon after he started with the usual side effects. Tremors, shuffling, kinda sedated, restlessness(severe). Well he never went back to get anymore injections due to the side effects he experienced. Sometime in January 2019 those side effects went away but he seemed so depressed, then anhedonia, insomnia, constipation with abdominal discomfort. He was not able to even cry. I just thought this was a bad case of depression from his PTSD but them we started researching Invega sustenna and the withdrawals.
I can say I'm seeing minimal improvement. In late February/early March I started him on supplements and eating healthy. On 3/17/19 he was able to cry, one tear. On 3/20/19 he was able to cry more tears. on 3/23/19 he stated he kind of felt like himself for a brief moment but it went away. He has very little hope that he will recover from this.
After tons of research I started giving him some supplements. I'm not sure what combinations we have tried because there have been so many. Fish oil, magnesium, 5-HTP,Ginkgo Biloba, Lithium orotate, L-Theanine. Yesterday 3/23/19 he started Same-e, niacin, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, continuing with fish oil and multi vitamins. I make sure he doesn't eat bad. Everyday for lunch he has a shake that has spinach, kale, blueberries, mango, banana, apple, almond milk and coconut water. He just started drninking alkaline water. We also ordered an ionic foot bath, it should be here be Wednesday 3/27/19. I've been researching how to eliminate this poison from his body quicker!! I found great info on the alternative to meds centers website. https://www.alternativetomeds.com/services/holistic/neruotoxin-removal/

That's infuriating. Report that so called doctor

It’s amazing for me to see people who had more shots recover within eight months and I’m still seeeing no improvement. God bless y’all and thanks for the recovery story. I just want to say that I’ve recovered but unfortunately it hasn’t happpened yet.

I’m so sick and tired of being in this sedated state of being I just want to be better for Gods sake. I miss being normal with a normal daily routine. It will be 9 months off tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.