• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also cannot feel the really happy emotions like before. Also not in my dream. Before I felt exciting for everything like a child.I dont think I could love a man or feel so deep for everything. Cannot make somebody new cells in the brain? I think the receptors for the deep feelings are destroid.

Hey Rosi, are you able to sleep normally or do you have problems too?
I ordered some glycine today, I couldn't find any topics of people using glycine while under the influence of invega so I'm gonna take a shot. I found some interesting info about glycine though.
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2018/07/23/understanding-glycine/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21414089
http://stroke.emedtv.com/glycine/glycine-drug-interactions.html
^ "Specifically, if glycine is combined with atypical antipsychotics (such as aripiprazole, clozapine, or olanzapine), it may decrease the effectiveness of these medications."
Glycine can apparently raise prolactin a little bit but I don't care as long as it helps me sleep.

Btw Rosi, I suggest you to try 5-HTP + P-5-P combo. I'm less than 50 days off my last injection and I'm already feeling pretty good. I take a ton of other supplements ontop of 5-HTP though so they might have helped me recover too but after I bought 5-HTP it made a huge difference. P-5-P is the active form of vitamin B6 which is needed for 5-HTP to turn into serotonin so I suggest taking it with 5-HTP if you give it a shot. I no longer feel depressed about the situation.

Would heavy ciggerate and occasional alchohol use damage dopamine receptors even more while on invega?
I have been smoking like a chimney and occasionally drinking alcohol/smoking weed while being on invega
Really worried since it's hard to stop the smoking ciggs especially.
I smoke them to deal with the immense boredom caused by invega even though they dont really help.

Also have been taking 15mg oxazepam for sleep at night unperscribed
Could any long term damage be caused by this?

Please don't double-post

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rosi, are you able to sleep normally or do you have problems too?
I ordered some glycine today, I couldn't find any topics of people using glycine while under the influence of invega so I'm gonna take a shot. I found some interesting info about glycine though.
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2018/07/23/understanding-glycine/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21414089
http://stroke.emedtv.com/glycine/glycine-drug-interactions.html
^ "Specifically, if glycine is combined with atypical antipsychotics (such as aripiprazole, clozapine, or olanzapine), it may decrease the effectiveness of these medications."
Glycine can apparently raise prolactin a little bit but I don't care as long as it helps me sleep.

Btw Rosi, I suggest you to try 5-HTP + P-5-P combo. I'm less than 50 days off my last injection and I'm already feeling pretty good. I take a ton of other supplements ontop of 5-HTP though so they might have helped me recover too but after I bought 5-HTP it made a huge difference. P-5-P is the active form of vitamin B6 which is needed for 5-HTP to turn into serotonin so I suggest taking it with 5-HTP if you give it a shot. I no longer feel depressed about the situation.

for me it was 2 years and 3 month and there is no life on this side of the brain. No intensive good dream. I heard the receptor can be destroyed after been blocked so long with a very high dosis. I can sleep, I think because the cells are away, they are not ill, they are away. These cells with the 2 HT5 receptor.

Last edited:
@CJ I will try. Hopefully something will change soon

@OffInvega that’s amazing news congratulations to you on your recovery and congrats on your new job. Question, at what month did you start to feel better? I’m 8 months off, 5 injections with no improvement. It’s encouraging to hear your story but it’s also disappointing because I wish I was in your shoes. Not having a new thought in over 8 months is driving me crazy. I hope that I too can recover soon and be able to exspress my story as well. God bless and congrats again

@CJ I will try. Hopefully something will change soon

@OffInvega that?s amazing news congratulations to you on your recovery and congrats on your new job. Question, at what month did you start to feel better? I?m 8 months off, 5 injections with no improvement. It?s encouraging to hear your story but it?s also disappointing because I wish I was in your shoes. Not having a new thought in over 8 months is driving me crazy. I hope that I too can recover soon and be able to exspress my story as well. God bless and congrats again

Thanks and I am sorry to hear that about your struggle but don't give up. I started feeling more like myself at month 7 and then again during that month and month 8 I noticed my thoughts and body feel alot lighter. I don't feel like a walking corpse. I got a little pep to my step now you know what I mean? I noticed the changes through month 5-8 and I just listen to my body and slept when I was tired and ate when I was hungry and before I forget. I used this drink a month ago called Detoxify Mega Cleanse. I wanted to pass my drug test but I was positive for thc on home test kits. So I drank this megacleanse and oh man my body was on fire but I probably shit out so much poison and I honestly began feeling great after that. So try the detox. Megaclean detoxify on Amazon.

I used Adderall when I needed to try to get my focus back. It started working on me and I felt more doors open. Welbutrin kept me moving too. And I got a thc vape that I use whenever. I don't take Adderall all the time but on nights I work.

So it's going pretty good. I lost 5 pounds. I still gotta lose like 50. I'm feeling better that I am working my way towards the positive side of the healing.

Try my suggestions if you can and try to get those transmitters working with good feelings by doing good things and keep at it you will begin to notice life gets easier. The appreciation you have for your life after you get halfway thru the recovery is something to continue to have hope and keeps me going.

I don't think I'm the same as I was before. I wouldn't say that is possible. After the changes you go through on this drug you got to embrace the "new you" (the survivor) and flourish from there. Understand you may have new strengths and new weaknesses aside from your old self and learn to work with the new changes and you'll see your old self isn't the person you have to be. I am happy after the experience that I am focused, working, and talking again. I am thankful the harmful side effects didn't leave any lasting damage and that my brain is working again and I can smile and laugh again. Maybe it's different now. Maybe I'm a little darker and have a more understanding side. I sound different. But not in a bad way. Just the survivor speaking. You get what I'm saying?

Last edited:
What do you think, can we get better with the few receptors, which are now only left?

I'm now at six months with two shots. The first four months the medicine gets released from the injection site. People claiming recovery before that are on crack.. Constipation is a little better. Sleep is still shitty but at least the restlessness is gone. I saw SHINEDOWN in concert last night! I was head banging like crazy and that got tons of emotion out of me! lol So I have 3 more months to go before a major improvement. That's when copperdome said he had euphoria again. I don't buy that irreversible antagonism BS. It's just a pathetic scare tactic. I already accept that I'll never be like before this! But as long as that sweet sleep euphoria comes back and testosterone comes back then screw all the rest. Hmm Rosi complains about her dreams and emotions. After 2 damn years! I call BS. And you got the same piss ant little dose as me! Invega 234+156. There is no pre invega everyone! That's long gone! There's only the person we've transformed into because of this.

What do you think, can we get better with the few receptors, which are now only left?
Receptors are proteins which are recycling all the time so even if invega damaged some receptors they will "grow" back eventually. Except for the 5-ht7 receptors which are permanently antagonized by this poison. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT7_receptor <- "The 5-HT7 receptor is involved in thermoregulation, circadian rhythm, learning and memory, and sleep. It is also speculated that this receptor may be involved in moodregulation"
Though I found a study saying that clozapine and some other competitive antagonists can release the irreversible antagonism caused by risperidone so I hope it's possible for paliperidone too since it's just a metabolite of risperidone. I already found a guy selling clozapine so I'm definately gonna buy some and try it out. But I will wait before I'm gonna do that because if there's still invega running in my system I think it's pretty pointless because even if clozapine could release the antagonism, they will be re-antagonized by paliperidone. At least that's what I think.
Here's the study; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3052287/

I'm now at six months with two shots. The first four months the medicine gets released from the injection site. People claiming recovery before that are on crack.. Constipation is a little better. Sleep is still shitty but at least the restlessness is gone. I saw SHINEDOWN in concert last night! I was head banging like crazy and that got tons of emotion out of me! lol So I have 3 more months to go before a major improvement. That's when copperdome said he had euphoria again. I don't buy that irreversible antagonism BS. It's just a pathetic scare tactic. I already accept that I'll never be like before this! But as long as that sweet sleep euphoria comes back and testosterone comes back then screw all the rest. Hmm Rosi complains about her dreams and emotions. After 2 damn years! I call BS. And you got the same piss ant little dose as me! Invega 234+156. There is no pre invega everyone! That's long gone! There's only the person we've transformed into because of this.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT7_receptor. It says in the bottom that paliperidone and risperidone are irreversible antagonists for the 5-HT7 receptors.
I got my last shot January 15th and I'm already doing A LOT better than I was like less than a month ago. I'm taking a shitload of supplements everyday though so those could be the reason I'm feeling like this already at this point. Antipsychotics and other drugs cause a lot of vital mineral, vitamin etc deficiencies so I think supplementing those is pretty important step of recovering. And I'm spending time with my girlfriend and friends instead of staying at home being depressed so that can also have an impact. If you just sit at home thinking about the situation you're in and stay in bed all day without eating anything or having fresh air that will sure have an impact in how you feel. Same thing will happen to healthy people if they just stick at home doing nothing, they will eventually be unable to do simple tasks like cleaning etc. We were out today for hours with my girlfriend and we went to several different stores and now I'm cooking food for us. Got some beer and good white wine here and we're gonna watch some movies and just chill. We got a little bit of weed too but last time I smoked I just felt anxious and had kinda weird thoughts but that was weeks ago so I'm gonna give it a shot today and see if I feel any different by now.

Last edited:
So I need some opinions. All my hormones are normal now, and I still have lack of emotions and sex drive, is it possible that invega is still in my system? Or am I waiting on my receptors to recycle? I have no ideas any more I'm really devastated right now. And what makes it worse is I'm forgetting what my old normal self felt like, it's like I'm adaping to having no emotions and libido which scares me more

Last edited:
So I need some opinions. All my hormones are normal now, and I still have lack of emotions and sex drive, is it possible that invega is still in my system? Or am I waiting on my receptors to recycle? I have no ideas any more I'm really devastated right now. And what makes it worse is I'm forgetting what my old normal self felt like, it's like I'm adaping to having no emotions and libido which scares me more

It's very possible you have Invega left in your system/body. I have been off Invega well over 2 years now. I still feel that Invega is in my system - But I'm not 100% sure. I still have no emotions and sex drive and loss of energy and fatigue. I feel like I'm at the end of healing. It wont get any better then this sadly for me. I personally don't believe the brain/mind recycles receptors - The damage is done it's permanent. About adapting that's a good thing in my view. it's means you can move on with your life and make a new life for yourself.

Invegauser has put 5 fucking years to recover so yes it is possible to be still dedan after that, after that is there is still I do not know, do not speak to adapt, I do not will never adapt to a life without emotion and without libido and without thinking as much as shooting, I hope we find all this .. 4 months and 3 weeks now and nothing, our neurotransmitter are blocked, when we change the brain chemistry that may be irreverssible in

I honestly refuse to accept that I won't be back to pre-invega as others have made it through and are the same now as they were before the injections (steph78, decisive, undiminished689, rel) and others I have contacted. Your brain is physically the same (the neurons and connections are there) however the post-synaptic receptors are blocked. Permanent brain damage occurs after 14+ months of therapeutic use. Also ALL receptors recycle, they take 1-2 weeks. I sympathize with those who are still suffering for more than a year off. Let's not generalize the concept of "not being back 100%" on all those who are suffering. God's grace and mercy are beyond physical limitations.

Last edited:
Day 110

My cognition is slighty coming back, I can analyse what's going on in my life to some extent. Energy, motivation and strength are very low maybe cause I discontinued an anti-depressant I was prescribed as instructed by my doc. I probably have 5-6 more months to go. Taking it day by day and hopefully will be 100% recovered some day.

Have you got your prolactin and testosterone tested? How long has it been since you've been injected? And how many injections did you get?

I not, the right side of my cortex is empty like a tree in winter. And I frighten there will never come a new spring.

@phucinvega, ya I was 5 months exactly when I took my blood test, prolactin and the thyroid and testosterone are all normal. I'll grab my papers and get numbers on everything

@empty1128 to be honest I haven’t taken abilify since November 18. Still no improvements. I’m just afraid that I will have to live my life like this. It’s beyond frightening and terrifying. I was once a functional human being living and enjoying life. Now I’m not and it just frustrates me that I’m feeling the same way I felt 8 months ago when I received my last injection. This is torture.

@Offvega thanks for the encouraging words. I’m gonna look into that detox. I just can’t believe this is happening to me and I’m still in the same boat 8 months later. It’s just unfair. I’m miserable honestly. I don’t do anything except surf through social media. My mom always tell me that if I don’t use it I lose it and I should just try harder. But it seems nearly impossible to think any thoughts or be engaged. Some days I just want to end this life. I know that’s hard to say but I just can’t imagine living like this for another year. I’m in a nightmare and I just want to heal. Why hasn’t God healed me yet. I just don’t know. &#55357;&#56852;

I seriously regret ever allowing the doctor to give me this medication even if I was court ordered. This is the worst thing that has happened in my entire life. I just don’t understand how this is a New year and I’m in the same position I was in last June. Wow. Just wow. Everyone is just living their life to the fullest while I’m in this disabled state of being. It’s just not fair man. What the fuck did I do to deserve this.

I just have to vent, I was thinking about when I was younger I thought I could bounce back from anything. Weed, alcohol, herion,I always did. Then I tried meth big mistake, I got into a psychosis..

Then I got a injection of invega, no emotions or sex drive. I have now learned a life lesson, some mistakes u don't bounce back from... What a life now no pleasure, some days I think I'm being punished in a way for abusing my brain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.