• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why cant i stay awake on weed?

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
My girlfriend is a long term seasoned weed smoker and im not at all. Whenever i smoke with her i feel alright just REALLY high, and then within half an hour ive fell asleep. What am i doing wrong am i just smoking to much?

...Weed makes you sleepy. It's what it does.

Even energetic highs'll eventually crash down into a nap.

People need to stop thinking that they're doing something wrong when weed doesn't go the way they expect. That shit has so many effects that you're probably going to freak yourself out if you go into heavy use (or even your first use) with too many preconceptions.

Smoke a very small amount. I have zero tolerance these days and literally a couple of grains of good weed in a pipe get me high. Try a small toke on the joint or whatever and see how it is after five minutes. Your boyfriend has tolerance and can handle it, it makes sense that you will need a lot less.

...Weed makes you sleepy. It's what it does.

Even energetic highs'll eventually crash down into a nap.

People need to stop thinking that they're doing something wrong when weed doesn't go the way they expect. That shit has so many effects that you're probably going to freak yourself out if you go into heavy use (or even your first use) with too many preconceptions.

Sometimes I wish we could just quote posts without saying anything, because nothing else needs to be said. Although, sometimes I use bbcode to match the color of the background and just type a ....... or something so it looks like I didn't reply

Similar to what Tranced said, the higher you climb the farther you fall.

Smoke in moderation and get moderate side effects.

I honestly don't know why you're surprised. Cannabis is probably the best sleep aid out there.

I honestly don't know why you're surprised. Cannabis is probably the best sleep aid out there.

Only in extreme moderation. If you use it daily your sleep is completely fucked.

I told my friend the morning after I first used weed, I'd never had better sleep. I again then had the best sleep of my life for a couple weeks after quitting. Now it's back to normal, which is MUCH better than when I was using weed daily.

Only in extreme moderation. If you use it daily your sleep is completely fucked.

I told my friend the morning after I first used weed, I'd never had better sleep. I again then had the best sleep of my life for a couple weeks after quitting. Now it's back to normal, which is MUCH better than when I was using weed daily.

But see, that varies from person to person. I sleep like a baby every night and I'm always anywhere from a little bit high to near black-out-drunk, going-for-a-blunt-walk-at-3am-right-before-I-take-another-.5mg-alprazolam all types of fucked up.

I dream, too, occasionally completely lucidly but always with some degree of control and awareness (especially the ones where I die.) Listening to my own thoughts play out over/in response to a dream gets intense, and that's what usually leads me to a lucid dream. It's like I talk myself into expecting something reasonable but then nope, one thing after another just keeps me in a background narrative until something just clicks and I'm in control.

It's all subjective with weed. What works for (or on) one person could in fact have the exact opposite effects on another. It's a weird fuckin' drug, man, but I love it.

That's very true, I know both many people who feel like they go insane if they use weed regularly, and people who can use 50x as much as I ever did per day/week/whatever and do great.