• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Notable differences between mdma roll and acid trip?

AncientRoller

Greenlighter
I recently, in the last year , have tried mdma several times and have LOVED it. I end up taking waaaay
More than is suggested. Some nights dropping 150 mg 4 or 5 times. I truly love the feeling.
But I know im over doing it. I have recently become interested in tge idea of doing lsd..... and maybe possibly
Doing a candy flip. How similar is the high? I really really lije that i am completely aware of everything
Im doing while i roll. Is acid similar?

In my opinion, if you go into an LSD experience expecting that it is going to be anything like MDMA, you will be disappointed.

I followed a similar pattern to you. I did MDMA and I loved it. I started reading more about LSD, and I wanted to try it too. What could go wrong? Drug experiences were fun and easy, right?

My first LSD trip, as a result, was a disaster. I was very disappointed. It was not until later, when I came back to LSD and allowed it to be LSD, that I was able to appreciate it positively. Now, I can see some similarities between the two, but I could not see them during that first trip.

On a low dose of LSD (half a hit or a hit), you are likely to feel a bit stimulated, see enhanced colors, laugh, see some minimal distortions. On a high dose, it can become quite confusing. You may lose your sense of time and your sense of self. While MDMA sort of enhances the ego by making you feel very IN your body and drawing your attention to your senses (OMG, I feel the air! OMG, water tastes sweet!), LSD can dissolve the ego by giving you a sense that you are everything around you, or that you are nothing and universe is vast. The way that LSD draws attention to your senses is different, as it can be super focused or distorted. For example, I remember being in a pool and feeling CONVINCED I had peed on myself because all I could feel was the dampness of the water on my legs. Very different from being in a pool on MDMA and just marveling at how good it feels to float in the water.

All of this is just my own subjective observations, so take with a grain of salt. But, I think they are two very different substances. Both with a lot to give. I have had some amazing experiences with both. However, I have also climbed a mountain on LSD and then freaked the f out at the top of the mountain because...death. So, there is that.

If you do LSD, do it because you want to know what it is like to do LSD. Don't do it because you are chasing another MDMA experience. You'll know what it is like to do LSD after you actually do LSD. Just accept that your MDMA experiences have not really prepared you for it, because it is another world entirely.

LSD and other psychedelics are very different from MDMA. The experience is highly dependent on your set and setting (your mental state going into it and the setting that you take it in). Oftentimes the same trip will have dysphoric/frightening elements as well as periods of joy and bliss. Psychedelics manifest what's inside your mind, whereas MDMA basically just makes you feel euphoric (it can be kind of trippy too, but nothing like LSD). I prefer psychedelics, personally, but they're more difficult.

As far as psychedelics go, I think LSD is quite recreational and has a tendency to produce euphoria moreso than many other psychedelics. But it is by no means a guaranteed good time, and you have to make sure to be careful to do it in a controlled environment where you'll feel safe, especially if you've never done it before. Going out in public is not recommended.

You can try doing shrooms (not a heavy dose) to get your toes wet before getting blown away with a LSD trip..

Some people (myself included) find mushrooms to be much more difficult and out of control than LSD.

Some people (myself included) find mushrooms to be much more difficult and out of control than LSD.

Yes that is true, but they are also much shorter lasting and more organically therapeutic than LSD. For me, it's mushrooms everytime. I also found them to be much more euphoric than LSD, but everyone is different.

This is me. I can handle high doses of LSD no problem but mushrooms make me anxious and much more difficult to deal with mentally. Personally glad I tried LSD many times before I ever used mushrooms.

OP - as far as MDMA and LSD differences, the first post nailed it 100%. Much, much different. Between MDMA and LSD, MDMA is by far my favorite drug. Between everything out there though, LSD and MDMA are both my easy favorites with 2CB being very close to LSD and having slightly more of an MDMA feel

Yes that is true, but they are also much shorter lasting and more organically therapeutic than LSD. For me, it's mushrooms everytime. I also found them to be much more euphoric than LSD, but everyone is different.

For me, mushrooms are a wild card. Some of my trips have been terrifying and anxiety-ridden and really unpleasant/intrusive/confronting, and some have been incredibly euphoric to a greater extent than LSD ever has been, and also my best and most life-altering trip of all time was on mushrooms. I feel a much stronger connection to nature and spirituality with mushrooms than with LSD, for sure. But I'm much more likely to take LSD on any given occasion because I find it quite predictable and easygoing, and much more suited to casual recreational use. I've only ever had one time with LSD (and it was actually a combo of AMT and a ton of LSD) where I panicked, and needed to take a benzo to get out of a panic attack, every other time on LSD has been entirely positive, while with mushrooms probably half of my full-dose trips on it have had periods of time where I regretted taking them (though in every case it's turned out to be positive by the end, but for someone inexperienced with psychedelics or less able to turn things positive, this might not be the case).

I think LSD is so similar to MDMA in effects. The only difference with MDMA is it puts me in a more stable mode, staying extremely happy the whole roll, where as with LSD ones moods can change so vulnerability. I like the crystal clear outlook mentally and emotionally both LSD and MDMA share. My opinion only. Candyflipping is not for me. I have blacked out when I done it. I am guessing that for me they both release serotonin so heavily that my brain could not handle that at the same time.

Actually no, 1.75 grams. It was my first trip on anything and clearly they were good mushrooms but I also think it was sort of just meant to be. I had an ego dissolution experience where I awoke to discover that I was the universe and everyone and everything, changed my life. Not at all scary either. It was basically the perfect first trip I could have possible had.

LSD doesn’t release serotonin, just to clarify.

Correct, LSD mimics serotonin and fills serotonin receptors, whereas MDMA causes the brain to release serotonin, which makes it more physically dangerous and taxing, and also the mechanism of action is quite different. I'm surprised you find them so similar, to me they're not very similar at all.

I'm surprised you find them so similar, to me they're not very similar at all.

Same, actually the first time I’ve heard anyone say they’re similar. I’d compare the two about as much as I’d compare weed to ketamine personally

IMO, the 2 are not at all alike, and you shouldnt expect a roll like time on LSD.

All I said was that I find a low dose of LSD to feel similar to rolling. I already know that on LSD it doesnt keep you at a steady mood like MDMA. But when I take a low LSD dose, I feel speedy, energetic, empathetic, and everything is brighter and clearer, which i have felt on MDMA. Maybe in the nutjob here

LSD is definitely a very heavy stimulant, albeit a very different mechanism than typical stimulants but are you sure you had clean MDMA? All the good MDMA I’ve had or known people to use (the only tested batch is the one I use for myself though, don’t actually know what other people were taking) is smooth and borderline sedating at times...maybe calming would be a better description than sedating. All the speedy stuff I’ve ever had was MDA or had amphetamine mixed in.

I’ve just never used a drug that came close to the body high and euphoria of MDMA personally aside from the love/empathy that make it unique.

I’ve just never used a drug that came close to the body high and euphoria of MDMA personally aside from the love/empathy that make it unique.

Closest thing I have experienced was anally administered 2CC. That felt more like MDMA than the sub-par, modern MDMA I have had access to recently.

Closest thing I have experienced was anally administered 2CC. That felt more like MDMA than the sub-par, modern MDMA I have had access to recently.

Interesting, have only tried 2CB. Have you used 2CC orally as well and compared?

I was going to say I’ve gotten close to MDMA in a few regards with 2CB experiments/combs, one of the better ones being 2CB/mushrooms/coke actually.