• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone experience chronic depression after a few times doing mdma??

CTgirlygirl

Greenlighter
I have done mdma maybe 5/6 years ago and I swear it fucked me up mentally and emotionally. I know most people say that they feel down a day or two after rolling but it has lasted. Could it have set off some kind of trigger in my brain to bring this on??

I dont think anyone would go out on a limb enough to say that its impossible as there will always be a bell curve for differences in effects short/long term, metabolism, etc and there will always be outliers.

How old are you? From the friends I have that started rolling early, they definitely seem significantly more susceptible to long term changes/sides which Is expect given the developmental state of the brain.

It can fuck you up for sure, perhaps not due to neurotoxicity, but lets be objective here, how many people end up with long term mental health issues from drug use? Even a bad experience with marihuana, psychedelics or alcohol can trigger panic and anxiety disorders, depression, etc... we often here about not taking any psychoactive substances if you have a family history of schizophrenia, bipolar, etc... Well anxiety and depressive disorders can also be triggered easily by these substances, of course not cause them directly but trigger them if someone was predisposed, yes with MDMA there is a neurotoxic effect that could by itself cause mental health disorders such as anxiety and depressive disorders by itself without a predisposition but we are talking major abuse for neurotoxicity to reach such cognitive effects, im 100% sure that a single reasonably responsible dose of MDMA wasnt the culprit, perhaps if you were predisposed to these disorders because of genetics it could have triggered them but I doubt its direct involvement.

Perhaps you're just looking for a reason for the way you are currently feeling and MDMA seems a likely culprit due to all the 'LTC' reports? I'm not going to say that your past use has nothing to do with your present frame of mind as anything is possible - but it is extremely rare. I only know of one person who has been irreparably damaged by MDMA, and that was after prolonged excessive use (upto 7 ecstasy pills per day) on top of an existing condition, which resulted in full blown schizophrenia. Therefore, I suggest you seek medical assistance to rule out other factors before assuming that a few rolls several years ago have fried your brain...

I only know of one person who has been irreparably damaged by MDMA, and that was after prolonged excessive use (upto 7 ecstasy pills per day) on top of an existing condition, which resulted in full blown schizophrenia.

How prolonged was your friend's use, FUBAR?