• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

8 days off methadone, no withdrawls?

Pineapple84

Greenlighter
Dudes I have 8 days off methadone and I feel great! Ive been taking kratom a couple times a day and have been feeling %100 normal. As of right now I havent taken kratom in 15 hours and I still feel good, slept like a baby. I was only on methadone for about a month and jumped off at 10mg. Is it possible that I dont need the kratom anymore? It would be so sick if I could avoid staying on kratom too long and have to w/d from that. What do you guys think?

A month isn't a long time at all. If you weren't dependent before you started the methadone then you are good. Otherwise the kratom is covering it up.

I got on the methadone to get off a pretty good norco habit. But I still havent took any kratom today and I feel great. I think I might be ok.

i've just googled norco half life it says 4 hours. how often where you using and how long? were you getting sick if you left it too long between doses?

i ask cos i used heroin almost every day for a year without getting a habit. it didn't go well for me in the end though i don't advise it. i got a habit when i started smoking in the morning. before i was using in the evenings so had almost 24 hours between doses. the half-life of gear is 12 hours so it makes sense that with daily use and the very odd day off it wasn't building up too much, hence not getting ill. once i never let more than 50% get out of my system between using i got a physical addiction straight away.

though the methadone kinda throws that cos i guess that was daily and i think its half life is 24 hours, but as cj said a month isn't long it can take some dedicated long term use to get a physical opiate habit. though once you've got one you'll get ill super quick i can't use even a tiny bit once now or i'll be ill.

also with a long half life withdrawals will take longer to set in, and i get super drowsy at the start of a rattle so that may be why you slept like a baby.

either way get off the kratom it's gonna draw out or create pain needlessly.

I was on the norcos for like 5 years and yeah, got hella sick without. But so far Im still feeling good about 20 hours without the kratom.

i just googled kratom half-life its 24 hours so that'll probably be why you're not feeling sick yet.

if you do get ill try to get through it and if you have to take more kratom wait as long as you can and use as little as you can but any at all is just drawing out the pain. i've used a range of opiates to help with withdrawal and regretted it every time cos i was still ill when i knew if i'd just seen it out i'd have been better by then.

I will do that, thank you. I had a feeling this was to good to be true, lol. Thanks guys! Ill let ya know how it goes.

Ive been just taking the kratom before bed, still getting the restless legs at night. Other than that its been good.

That's awesome! I'm glad it's working out ok