• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take methadone

miller.hope0905

Greenlighter
HELP!?!?
Whats the best way to take methadone 10mg pills,, chewing, or crushing and drinking,,, snorting?

First of all, welcome to Bluelight :) glad to have you here.

The oral bioavailability of methadone is normally pretty high (according to wikipedia 41-99%) and taking some tums before might increase the BA, as methadone is a slight base, so just stick with oral.

Is this the first time you're using an opioid? If so 10 mg can be too much for you

Hey there Miller, please forgive me for what probably seems like nitpicking, but for us to answer you most effectively and for you to understand in turn, try to limit the use of subjective language in your posts as much as possible. What I mean by this is, try your best to remember to avoid terminology like "best, like, euphoria, good, bad etc". I'm sure I don't have to tell you that people perceive the world differently on a general basis and if we are to examine this thread specifically, "best" could mean, what provides the most analgesia, longest duration of effect, most intoxication and so on, just to name a few.

If you're trying to ask how to maximize the effectiveness of what you have, Methadone is pretty straightforward. Compared to Opioids like Heroin and/or Morphine, there is not a significant degree of difference between bioavalability and route of administration. Basically, an injected dosage of Methadone might be 15% stronger than an oral dose, at most, with significantly more risk involved.

Case in point, Methadone is best taken orally for most any purpose, be it analgesia, Opioid maintenance, detox etc.

Hello just got prescribed 5 mg x2 daily for pain. Coming from around 6 norco10 a day. Will 10 mgs a d at be equal analagesia

Hello just got prescribed 5 mg x2 daily for pain. Coming from around 6 norco10 a day. Will 10 mgs a d at be equal analagesia

Norco 10 = 10 mg hydrocodone, right? It's always better to write the name of the active ingredient instead of the brand name :)

It's hard to answer as things like cross-tolerance and bioavailability will affect it.
Methadone seems to be arounf 3-4 times as potent as hydrocodone looking at an equianalgesic chart, but there might not be full cross tolerance and the bioavailability of methadone can vary quite a lot (tums might increase the BA). Plus everyone reacts different so those charts have to be taken with a grain of salt.
10 mg methadone might be enough, but you might need an increase to 15 mg/day. Just try it :)

Like others said snorting methadone burns horribly it's worse than anything I've snorted including meth and methadone burns all the way down my throat. I get a better high orally anyways but it takes a long time to kick in about 2 hrs to peak for me but once you do it's a fantastic high that last all day.