• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How many times have you rolled?

Section - over what time period did those rolls happen? Feel any magic loss?

G Chem - also curious on the days you?ve done back to back rolls. Do you redose at all the first or 2nd night or do you keep them strictly to one dose per night? What?s your typical dosage?

I'm very keen on empathy and can see and read people very quickly and efficiently.

Find this a very interesting comment! Is this a quality you've always had or do you think it's developed through MDMA use?

^^^Ive developed this too.. It's funny cuz I still don't really like being around people all that much, but now I have this desire to help humanity in whatever way I can.

@Swim- It depends but usually I'll do a little redose both nights. I'll take 100-120mg followed by 30-60mg depending soon as I can grasp taking more after the comeup levels off. This almost always produces a good experience.

Often when I do this I'm rolling both nights outside in a northern climate where temps drop down to 40-50F with rain often at night. I eat a lot the morning after the first experience to replenish and sleep a lot too. I'll eat antioxidant supplement soon as I comedown both nights.

I usually use various psychedelics too though which may have some effect on all this..

I find the second night is either on par or better than the first night, similar to Hilo. This may be because certain enzymes are still inhibited from the night before.

I think the cold weather helps a lot actually. If the ambient temperature is low it can negate toxicity just by itself. I know Hilo also rolls back to back outside in northern climates at night too.

Even then I've done it at indoor festivals and the likes... Just gotta take good care of yourself while doing it, then take off a good long while after the fact.

-GC

Thanks for the response man. Im typically indoors or outside in warm/hot climates but typically roll at night if its a festival which helps. Ive always been on top of fluids, staying cool, and wearing shorts/tanks or clothing that?s ultra light and breathable - definitely gotta watch temps though.

Do you feel like the comedowns are any worse after 2 days in a row? Ive always been wiped out enough after one night that I dont think Id even want to roll another night back to back but definitely curious about your experiences so appreciate the feedback.

Im over the top with harm reduction supps and kind of off topic but Ive actually found that metformin seems to blunt the comedowns the next couple days more than anything

^^^Not a problem man.

As for comedowns, I never get em really anymore beyond being a bit tired for a few days after. But plenty of times I?ve done this, slept all day Sunday then I?m back to work Monday morning like nothing happened. (Don?t recommend that though cuz on the chance you do feel rough it?s good to have at least that Monday off.)

I actually almost feel like my afterglows are stronger after the two night sessions but there?s a lot of factors at play.

1. Possible increased MDA metabolism the second night leading to longer residual feeling. R-MDA lasts a really long time.

2. I use more psychedelics than normal at events where I?ll do this. Which I feel greatly help with comedown/afterglow.

3. Being in the colder outdoor environments..

Either way I feel I can say it?s not detrimental to at least try. Other people report different experiences and some people can?t roll well after the first night.

One thing I?ve found is 3 nights is too much. Usually the third night it has become something just to keep the party going, more like comfortable speed than a mind blowing experience. Plus you will feel the comedown after three days, it?s usually something that takes 3-5 days to recover from but isn?t horrible.

The longest I ever tried was 4 days. Never again.. lol. Looking back that drained me for quite awhile and left me in a bit of a funk that lasted a few months. I was stupid when I was younger, but thankfully lack of supply kept me from frying myself. That?s the problem these days, too much product around and people are gobbling the shit down. I?m like that grandmother (for those in US) that lived through the Great Depression and now I?m a frugal hoarder haha, this won?t last and we?re already seeing the downturn. (But I digress, save that for another thread.)

-GC

I've rolled about 40 times in the past 12 years I would think.
I'm over seventy and leave plenty of time between rolls.
I think the majority of the bad experiences have to do with rolling in unsuitable places, after taking other substances, not testing your gear, not being the right people.
I have never rolled in a large group and usually roll just with my partner.

Off topic, why do people say MDMA loses its magic and try to point to neurotoxicity???? The first time I did LSD was incredible and I have never ever had a trip like that ever again, the first few times I did oxycodone and other opiates were great and while I still get great effects the effects are different and a little bit less pleasurable, the first time I drank alcohol I thought it was great and I had a great time with no hangover and I dont find it as amusing anymore, and so on with all drugs, am I the only one that thinks that all drugs lose their magic? I dont see why that would have to do at all with neurotoxicity when all drugs never feel as good as the first times.

^^Losing the magic with MDMA is different than simple tolerance like other drugs.

While you are right that first experiences with drugs are usually the best, with something like LSD it may just might be a lessened version of its former self and usually taking more remedies the situation.

With MDMA, not only does tolerance build but lots of new negative symptoms seem to take the old good effects place.

LSD tolerance and other drugs tolerance are often reversible, MDMA tolerance can be too but once people pass into the ?lost magic? territory, it?s difficult to get back out.

Losing the magic is a perma-tolerance that most other drugs don?t share.

-GC

Im not talking about the tolerance G, as I said, with alcohol for example, the first few times I drank I had no hangover whatsoever, and I had incredible euphoria, I have taken breaks of at least 6 months from drinking and I never feel as good as back then and I do get hangover now, does that mean I lost alcohol magic?? The same thing happens with opiates, keep in mind I use opiates extremely sparingly, at most once a month, and the effects now arent as strong as they were the first few times, the experience while still enjoyable is different, and now I get a headache and some stomach pain the day after which I never got the first times; did I lost the opiates magic?

Plus if there was damage so severe that an extremely potent serotonin releaser didnt have any or very few effects wouldnt there be severe clinical manifestetions when sober like extreme depression, intestinal disorders and all other bodily functions which depend on serotonin?

too many most likely.

Luckily spaced out enough that comedowns only really came to me twice. maybe 3 times tops. bad, depressed as fuck but generally I LOVED MDMA!

Now I love life, and MDMA or Sassafras seems pretty boring.

I'll def try it again one day though, always got some for a rainy day ;)

Im not talking about the tolerance G, as I said, with alcohol for example, the first few times I drank I had no hangover whatsoever, and I had incredible euphoria, I have taken breaks of at least 6 months from drinking and I never feel as good as back then and I do get hangover now, does that mean I lost alcohol magic?? The same thing happens with opiates, keep in mind I use opiates extremely sparingly, at most once a month, and the effects now arent as strong as they were the first few times, the experience while still enjoyable is different, and now I get a headache and some stomach pain the day after which I never got the first times; did I lost the opiates magic?

I wouldnt say Ive experienced that with any of those drugs so it could be your body chemistry or just in your head as well.

And in terms of your next post, that?s not what is happening in terms of neurotoxicity if I understood your post correctly. It isnt entire systemic serotonin depletion but, yes, you can absolutely experience those symptoms from overuse of MDMA. If you read up on the mechanism more it will answer your question.

I wouldnt say Ive experienced that with any of those drugs so it could be your body chemistry or just in your head as well.

And in terms of your next post, that?s not what is happening in terms of neurotoxicity if I understood your post correctly. It isnt entire systemic serotonin depletion but, yes, you can absolutely experience those symptoms from overuse of MDMA. If you read up on the mechanism more it will answer your question.

You are kidding yourself if you say the effects of any drug is as good as the first few times, and you almost never get the bad effects the first times, thats why people talk all the time about the "honeymoon" phase with opiates and cocaine.

And yes you could experience them from acute serotonin depletion but if serotonin axons where damaged so dramatically as to not being able to feel the effects of an extremely potent serotonin releaser whatsoever you could only imagine the severe clinical implications this would have on a person who needs this basic neurotransmitter to support life and basic bodily functions.

Im not saying MDMA is not neurotoxic as well, even if its not conclusively proven im sure it is, what im saying is that the "loss of magic" is not entirely due to "neurotoxicity".

Even with alcohol its incredibly common, I have friends who are 21 or 22 years old like me and we all say things like, remember when we were 17 or 18 the first few times we got really drunk and you could drink as much as you wanted with no hangover and now you get hangovers all the time? Its extremely common, there are even memes about things like that in my country.

And yes you could experience them from acute serotonin depletion but if serotonin axons where damaged so dramatically as to not being able to feel the effects of an extremely potent serotonin releaser whatsoever you could only imagine the severe clinical implications this would have on a person who needs this basic neurotransmitter to support life and basic bodily functions.

I think youre confusing acute with systemic. Read up on definitions.

Also, damage doesnt mean that every receptor is completely fried.

You are kidding yourself if you say the effects of any drug is as good as the first few times, and you almost never get the bad effects the first times, thats why people talk all the time about the "honeymoon" phase with opiates and cocaine.

I can 100% say I have not experienced this. The best roll of my life (even remember dates - May 2017) was definitely not my first and was a couple years after I started using MDMA and the same with cocaine. Ive seen plenty of people on here say that they roll just as hard after many rolls as the did their first, generally the ones who are very conservative with their use.

Last edited:

I swear to god the last time I took MDMA in august was the best roll I've ever had over the past ~10 years/40 rolls.

As well I've never once experienced a come down from MDMA, and honestly most everyone I know that doses conservatively with ~100mg never have comedowns either.

Although, there was this one time after probably the 2nd hardest I've ever rolled, I had fallen asleep outside of my tent probably 4am in the grass and was woken up at like 9am by the sun and 100+ F heat and I remember this AWFUL feeling of dread going through my head, I was thinking "oh god this is the comedown people have talked about" but it completely went away after only a couple minutes turning into the afterglow I know and love, very strange. Probably the closest thing to a comedown I've had?