• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making an herbal smoking blend

crescentry

Bluelighter
Hi! Not sure where to put this thread so I just put it here because I'm possibly putting hash oil in it. I was thinking of a way to make some sort of herbal blend, but I didn't know if it would work the way I think it will, so here goes:

A base of some sort of herbs, dried and finely crumbled

A powdered extract of some sort ( I would use a 10x wild dagga extract (

A little bit of corn starch to keep it all together

Distilled water

So you take your dry ingredients and mix them together, making sure there's not too much powder in there just in case the cornstarch doesn't take.

Move the ingredients to a graduated cylinder or something with tall sides

Put just enough water to soak the mixture

Press the mixture into a block or a thin sheet, saving the water that comes out

Let it dry by evaporation (no heat applied)

After drying take the water and slowly dribble it onto the blend over time, allowing the runoff from the pressing stage to soak in

I'm actually not sure how a cannabis extract would go in there because after writing this I realized the water would probably carry it away after pressing into a brick, so it might be better to just use kief.

So anyway, you basically just crumble this up and smoke it. Any advice on improving this before I try and possibly fail would be very welcome.

I'm pretty curious. What effects are you trying to achieve?

Also is that much preparation necessary, could you just pack the blend into the bowl?

As for the water, I don't think it would wash away any significant portion of hash oil

I'm pretty curious. What effects are you trying to achieve?

Also is that much preparation necessary, could you just pack the blend into the bowl?

So I'm trying to make these ingredients into a crumbly sort of brick form that is homogenous and you can easily break a piece off of and put into a pipe.

I tried making the same blend dry, but the powdered 10x extract kept settling to the bottom and I would have to mix it up every time I went to go smoke some.

I think 18 wants to know why you're doing this, not what you're doing. Probably because there are already tons of forms of weed concentrate that work fine, and adding a medium just complicates things unnecessarily.

So I'm trying to make these ingredients into a crumbly sort of brick form that is homogenous and you can easily break a piece off of and put into a pipe.

I tried making the same blend dry, but the powdered 10x extract kept settling to the bottom and I would have to mix it up every time I went to go smoke some.

That makes sense and I am curious. It sounds to me like the hard part is going to be getting it to "brick" and getting things even.

I think most "smoking blends" are made by taking the base(undosed biomass) and then spraying it with a solution containing the active ingredient(wild dagga in this case). If the substance is water soluable, you could potentially use distilled water for the solvent, otherwise you'll have to find a solvent that is capable of dissolving the substance as well as boiling off at room temp without leaving residuals behind. I would assume 99% ethanol would work but can't make any assertions beyond assumptions here.

you could use the sticky property of bho to brick up your blend. you would just take bho and mix it into some 99% iso and either mist it or drench it then let it evap. after evap is done it should press into a brick easy. it would be better to use 95% ethanol though.