(MEGA) The Current Site Bug/Technical Issues Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having the issue with the mobile version diverting me to some unrelated website about light fixtures (also called bluelight) whenever i try to click on the forum list page and the homepage.

For ten minutes (until a minute ago) I couldn't type in any text field: reply, quick reply, new thread, or PM. The fields were grayed out.

Yeah, that was accidentally on purpose. We were trying to fix our HTTPS issue and in doing so blocked the editor for a few minutes but got it addressed rather quickly.

I keep getting kicked off.

When I post articles, [ QUOTE] [/ QUOTE] gets inserted between one or two paragraphs. If I delete the code, somehow it repopulates in the same spot.

For those having difficulty with the blacklight theme appearance, you should be able to select the Default vB as an alternate. We will return you to having the broken blue aria theme in roughly 24h.

Last edited:
I missed where we should be running this for a week, not a day. I'll leave blacklight as the default for the week (update the ANNOUNCEMENT) and make the aria available for people to select if they choose.

For those still getting Cloudflare error messages, is anyone getting error codes besides 520?

And those plagued with 520, does a simple refresh resolve it?

Damn. I'd read somewhere that might have been a way to address it. No such luck, though.

are you able to reproduce this?

when the cloudflare 520 page initially appears try simply refreshing. any joy?

alasdair

Yes, that worked, though I will have to do it every time I visit the forum.

= = = =

520 I believe is a server error, not cloudflare. I think cloudflare is just saying "Hey, your server just gave a 520". This is why I'm curious if other error codes are coming thru.

apocalypse_when is currently locked out of his acct. after attempting a reset on his password. Temp. passwords have been sent (on occasion) but none have yet to work. Can anyone have a look at this as he has created an alt. to get back online as it would keep things slightly more bang tidy to nip this in the bud now so we can lose the alt. Cheers!

We will isolate this area soon enough tell him to be patient a bit and send to LB or any other administrator the e-mail address of his primary account so we can find out what's been happening.

As far as telling other issues I am just a MOD so I can't stick my nose into cookies.

regards,

Winter

We will isolate this area soon enough tell him to be patient a bit and send to LB or any other administrator the e-mail address of his primary account so we can find out what's been happening.

As far as telling other issues I am just a MOD so I can't stick my nose into cookies.

regards,

Winter

Cheers, as a mere mortal mod myself I already have to much access to things that I can and often do break. The only reason I am able to operate a computer and perform my basic duties on this site is due to the relatively idiot proof front end interface of contemporary PC's - the last time I was at least in the game regarding home computing was during the initial few years of the Amiga era after which I gave up and relied on games consoles until Windows 95 arrived alongside the decreased dependence on MSDOS.

The upgrade will be make or break for me - as I am 100% confident that the new platform will be perfectly fit for purpose any issues I have will raise a final flag with regards to my general incompetence in having the privilege to make behind the scenes contributions to a website.

Generally, if the password reset isn't working properly, the member should email us at [email protected] so we can verify it is the actual account owner trying to reset it, and what the problem/solution may be.

Thanks! I'll take credit for buggering the site notice I set out there. I think we've taken them down now. Yay!

Apologies for the difficulties mate. The system says you deleted it yourself, probably while trying to edit it in mobile mode. This is a known bug and one reason we're upgrading our site's software next week.

I've restored it for you for now though, and I recommend if you would like to edit it again, switch into full site mode first. If you scroll down to the bottom of this screen, you'll see a link right in the middle for full site mode.

Best,
CFC

Status
Not open for further replies.