agony from stopping my pain medication.

My last xanax was about almost 9 hours
    ago. I want to take a .25mg xanax this time
    any minute now to help to try to get some sleep,
    but of course i am still getting terrified evey time
    i have to take one.

The alprazolam has been making me really relaxed and
    drowsy all day though but it is still
    tough making it through the night trying to sleep.

Would anyone be able to tell me if it would be alright
    to drink coffee and take xanax in the day time,
    or when a good time to start could be, so the coffee
    could possibly help with energy and motivation ?

I am just so disgusted about not being able to function
    and always feeling very sick physically and also
    weak without the benzo Help ! yes, it has only been
    a little over two weeks since having opiates and the
    torment and agony still hurts so bad.

I have to have xanax to get me through this agony.
    Would anyone know if the coffee with xanax will
    help or hurt or if the combination will have any benefits.
    no pun. help.

I am trying desperately to function.

I cannot stop eating sugar. diet coke helps me feel better.

I am sooo scared of having to pop an ollie again
    and take a darn benzo. they are reallyyyyy strong.

soo I vaped some wax.

but then i will break down the to xannie.

I wonder who reads these posts. Who ever does read this and all,
    I just want to say that their are those who can function when
    they can have their pain needs met and weened even somehow.

It's just so tough anymore. I am glad mm is a good rx.
    My ears are ringing and I hope i can make it through this
    I still have withdrawal symptoms. day 17. but alprazolam gets
    me soo high Or maybe the sativa edible.
    I don't know, I amso stoned. After this last withdrawal, I will never
    ween again or with what is left. the root of the tree, an aspirin.
    there are bad drugs going around, but lack of good ones, Right.

I hope this will be my last ween ever. Prayer has also helped many times.
    And compassion with any kind of help. Because it can get frustrating and misunderstood to the point where i dont think i will feel better
    in just one month. It hurts so bad, I will never be Normal again. ow and just that even hurts. I can smile on xannies and sometimes without them too.

My brain hurts and i am suffering physically. I am trying for a goal of being able to get up and move around and new amazing things and frienships !

edit: there

Anyway thank you for BL research and support for the encouragement
    that withdrawaling from opiates, is said that you can not die from it.

Thank your all of the positive motivations always, as well.

I think i would love to latch on to a woderful group somewhere in
    the greatness of the forum.
    Last edited by kleinerkiffer; 17-01-2019 at 20:46. Reason: merged the two posts

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Trip Reports
    Music Discussion
    Hello. I was on prescription opiates for serious pain. To cut to the chase, I started getting therapy with Ketamine infusions from my hospital. One of the many actions that Ketamine does is dial down the pain receptors in your brain. YMMV, but it disconnects you from the pain source in many instances.

After my first infusion, I had zero interest in any opiate pain medication.

It is worth your time contacting your hospital or other hospitals in your area and seeing if the pain management department offers this treatment.

There is also a condition people can develop called hyperalgesia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperalgesia. This has many causes, but can develop from overuse of opiate/opioid pain medication. This is definitely worth looking into.

Back to your post. I feel as long as you are not taking an opiate with your Xanax, or your doctor knows about it, taking .25 at night should not be a problem.

You mention Xanax and coffee,doing dabs and eating edibles. Yeah, I would be incredibly high and tired all day if I did all this also.

First, don't bother taking .25 mg of Xanax and coffee. It is essentially a waste of Xanax. Save it for sleep purposes or later in the day.

Cannabis reacts with all the medication that you take. First, when taken with opiates, cannabis can cause a 1+1= 3 or 1+1=5 reaction. In other words, it can potentiate your opiates quite a bit. If you are blazing every day and or eating edibles at the same time, this will sap your energy depending on the strain and how much you are using.

Combine this with your Xanax and opiates and I am surprised your not asleep all day long. That can be a TKO situation.

On the other hand, cannabis is for many, an excellent pain reliever on its own. Coffee and cannabis can make you very wide awake.

IMHO, you have to consider your use of all these different drugs, how much your using of each and the order in which you use them.
    I cannot elaborate too much here, but a google search can assist you, but also look at the duration of action of the drugs you are using.

Remember that cannabis is lipid soluble. It stores in body fat. Now if you have been blazing for a while .....

Consider different strains of cannabis. Only you know what works for you, but Sativa is usually energetic. Indica is your sedating type. I have found that the Indica really helped me with pain and depending on the amount, should knock you out for sleep.

Reassess your situation and you may be further ahead then you know.

As always, your mileage may vary.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Speed King View Post
    Hello. I was on prescription opiates for serious pain. To cut to the chase, I started getting therapy with Ketamine infusions from my hospital. One of the many actions that Ketamine does is dial down the pain receptors in your brain. YMMV, but it disconnects you from the pain source in many instances.

After my first infusion, I had zero interest in any opiate pain medication.

It is worth your time contacting your hospital or other hospitals in your area and seeing if the pain management department offers this treatment.

There is also a condition people can develop called hyperalgesia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperalgesia. This has many causes, but can develop from overuse of opiate/opioid pain medication. This is definitely worth looking into.

Back to your post. I feel as long as you are not taking an opiate with your Xanax, or your doctor knows about it, taking .25 at night should not be a problem.

You mention Xanax and coffee,doing dabs and eating edibles. Yeah, I would be incredibly high and tired all day if I did all this also.

First, don't bother taking .25 mg of Xanax and coffee. It is essentially a waste of Xanax. Save it for sleep purposes or later in the day.

Cannabis reacts with all the medication that you take. First, when taken with opiates, cannabis can cause a 1+1= 3 or 1+1=5 reaction. In other words, it can potentiate your opiates quite a bit. If you are blazing every day and or eating edibles at the same time, this will sap your energy depending on the strain and how much you are using.

Combine this with your Xanax and opiates and I am surprised your not asleep all day long. That can be a TKO situation.

On the other hand, cannabis is for many, an excellent pain reliever on its own. Coffee and cannabis can make you very wide awake.

IMHO, you have to consider your use of all these different drugs, how much your using of each and the order in which you use them.
    I cannot elaborate too much here, but a google search can assist you, but also look at the duration of action of the drugs you are using.

Remember that cannabis is lipid soluble. It stores in body fat. Now if you have been blazing for a while .....

Consider different strains of cannabis. Only you know what works for you, but Sativa is usually energetic. Indica is your sedating type. I have found that the Indica really helped me with pain and depending on the amount, should knock you out for sleep.

Reassess your situation and you may be further ahead then you know.

As always, your mileage may vary.
    Thank You so much for your post. That was big time information
    for me and so appreciated very much.

the problem with me is that i need something for my pain
    and have been off of the opiates for seventeen days now.

the xanax help comes in from the clinic.

and the other health center with the psychiatrist
    also helped with xanax and a mm weed card.

the reason i take the xanax when i need it is to get me through
    handling just trying to function with coping with the withdrawal
    symptoms and the PAWS symptoms.

sometimes my legs are so weak and shaken that
    i can barely walk and the xanax helps to calm me down
    and get through my day at work and even to be able to speak
    full sentences. If it wasnt for the xanax i would be in the hospital

and the bud does help with the pain but not the withdrawal so i do need
    something stronger to help so i am combining bud and xanax whenever
    the situation allows me to.

obviously i cannot get too high and go in to work so the
    benzo relaxes me enough to get me through my shifts and
    my day when i have to go out and function.

And I have to go through all of this because i cannot find anything for my
    pain or proper tapering trials to schedule for a prescription for as needed medication.

now i need the xanax to help calm down the shock of the horrifying withdrawal.
    i know this sounds all pretty basic and all but its not because the waves of the
    PAWS comes through so badly that it is maddening at times and feels like
    the first day of withdrawal all over again.

the worst part is the weakness and lack of motivation and the depression
    and the not wanting to ever get out of bed anymore where as the pain medication
    helped me to get out in the world and be able to move around and live and do
    things like function outdoors and walk.

the psych wont prescribe pain medication because he said it can kill people.
    like they said the pain mngmt doc was doing somehow.

the psych is real nice about giving me the xanax for help but he
    was basically put there in the same office specifically to write mm prescriptions for the community. i think there are only two or maybe three here now that are allowed to prescribe the mm card
    if you want to include the medical dispensary too

after the pain management was run out of the area they now brought in the weed doctor to help out .
    All this after hearing all of my life how weed was Poison, now the worst part about the weed for me is to figure out what vape to get that works the best or like at first there were vapes that didnt even work at all and were pretty much a waste of even getting it to begin with. now i have one that can actually do a real fine vape after hearing for just about my whole entire life how marijuanna was poison and caused brain damage when it in fact actually expanded my mind after coming from a deprived and dysfunctional family who finally all made it through somehow only to end up with the aches and pains and wear and tear of older age and needing relief to make it all worth everything to have the better quality of life and community that we all somehow deserve some way or another.

Its just a little confusing when it is too dificult to think sometimes or just feeling to weak for anything to matter alot anymore.

I am trying so hard to overcome all of this and really feel this might and could very well never end. hmm i just feel sick and my stomach hurts but the xanax gives a little relief and combined with the bud actually helps me to get food down into my body for vitamins but usually i just try to grab as much sugar as i can get a hold of for that endorphin dope sick fix.

I mean i really didn't think it was going to be that bad but it
    felt so perfect to not have to deal and function with too much pain to always try to live with.
    the pain management doctors wife had fibromyalgia and things that also were debilitating so he was very knowledgeable and understanding with the subject matter of the situation and helping with relief from suffering.

sorry so long again but errrrr why does the universe keep getting more complicating by the minutes . . . .

i am in pain now because i tried so very hard to get out of pain in the first place.

thanks. hy !!

4. Collapse Details

Kratom

5. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Trip Reports
    Music Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylight View Post
    Thank You so much for your post. That was big time information
    for me and so appreciated very much.

the problem with me is that i need something for my pain
    and have been off of the opiates for seventeen days now.

the xanax help comes in from the clinic.

and the other health center with the psychiatrist
    also helped with xanax and a mm weed card.

the reason i take the xanax when i need it is to get me through
    handling just trying to function with coping with the withdrawal
    symptoms and the PAWS symptoms.

sometimes my legs are so weak and shaken that
    i can barely walk and the xanax helps to calm me down
    and get through my day at work and even to be able to speak
    full sentences. If it wasnt for the xanax i would be in the hospital

and the bud does help with the pain but not the withdrawal so i do need
    something stronger to help so i am combining bud and xanax whenever
    the situation allows me to.

obviously i cannot get too high and go in to work so the
    benzo relaxes me enough to get me through my shifts and
    my day when i have to go out and function.

And I have to go through all of this because i cannot find anything for my
    pain or proper tapering trials to schedule for a prescription for as needed medication.

now i need the xanax to help calm down the shock of the horrifying withdrawal.
    i know this sounds all pretty basic and all but its not because the waves of the
    PAWS comes through so badly that it is maddening at times and feels like
    the first day of withdrawal all over again.

the worst part is the weakness and lack of motivation and the depression
    and the not wanting to ever get out of bed anymore where as the pain medication
    helped me to get out in the world and be able to move around and live and do
    things like function outdoors and walk.

the psych wont prescribe pain medication because he said it can kill people.
    like they said the pain mngmt doc was doing somehow.

the psych is real nice about giving me the xanax for help but he
    was basically put there in the same office specifically to write mm prescriptions for the community. i think there are only two or maybe three here now that are allowed to prescribe the mm card
    if you want to include the medical dispensary too

after the pain management was run out of the area they now brought in the weed doctor to help out .
    All this after hearing all of my life how weed was Poison, now the worst part about the weed for me is to figure out what vape to get that works the best or like at first there were vapes that didnt even work at all and were pretty much a waste of even getting it to begin with. now i have one that can actually do a real fine vape after hearing for just about my whole entire life how marijuanna was poison and caused brain damage when it in fact actually expanded my mind after coming from a deprived and dysfunctional family who finally all made it through somehow only to end up with the aches and pains and wear and tear of older age and needing relief to make it all worth everything to have the better quality of life and community that we all somehow deserve some way or another.

Its just a little confusing when it is too dificult to think sometimes or just feeling to weak for anything to matter alot anymore.

I am trying so hard to overcome all of this and really feel this might and could very well never end. hmm i just feel sick and my stomach hurts but the xanax gives a little relief and combined with the bud actually helps me to get food down into my body for vitamins but usually i just try to grab as much sugar as i can get a hold of for that endorphin dope sick fix.

I mean i really didn't think it was going to be that bad but it
    felt so perfect to not have to deal and function with too much pain to always try to live with.
    the pain management doctors wife had fibromyalgia and things that also were debilitating so he was very knowledgeable and understanding with the subject matter of the situation and helping with relief from suffering.

sorry so long again but errrrr why does the universe keep getting more complicating by the minutes . . . .

i am in pain now because i tried so very hard to get out of pain in the first place.

thanks. hy !!
    First off, you do not seem to have a problem with Xanax. You are on a low dose and seem to use it as needed. So relax about the Xanax.

Second, there is a difference between smoking/vaping cannabis and eating it. It has a different effect in/on your body.
    OT, but Colorado has a rule where edible packages cannot have more then 100 mg of THC in them. It can be one candy bar or 10 pieces of candy.

I am happy to say that I have had edibles from Colorado. The absolute best that I have had was what is refereed to as a beginner dose pack. It contained 10 candy jewels that were exactly 10 mg a piece. Talk about dialing your cannabis habit in. The point is, when you have low dose edibles, you can dial yourself in. In other words, you may find that 20 mgs gets your energy up, relieves pain, and doesn't mess ou up so you cannot function.

Idk what kind of cannabis you use, but medicinal is different from recreational. IMO, it can almost be boring. All the benefits of cannabis without a heavy mind fuck.

From what little you describe, this can really help your pain level.

Switching gears here, but if you still are having trouble withdrawing from opiates, medicines like clonidine and gabapentin can really aid in side effects from opiate withdrawal.

You are safe to post here. Would you mind being a bit more specific as far as what opiate you are detoxing from, what your pain is from and general details?
    This information can really help us assist you in feeling better. You can include the amount of cannabis you use. The more you provide, the better assistance you can get

6. Collapse Details

you know i found a package of lemon drops
    10mg each and yup 10 in the package.
    and each drop 100 percent sativa.
    the best thing i have ever tried ever.

it was so good that ididn't even
    have to take a xanax last night
    but i did in the morning bc i
    woke up early.

i sampled everything in the store so far
    except for the oil drops that you put on
    a sugar cube.
    the 10mg lemon drops were by far
    the best thing i have ever liked.

of course bud is always real.
    some of the chocolates got me so fucked
    i thought i was going to need a hospital
    but when i realize i am just zinging from an
    edible it is incredibly rediculous hilarious.
    way too hysterically funny.
    i still have chunks of it that i don't even go near
    until i get stupid enough and forget. . ,

oops wrong forum, sorry side tracked.
    busted up wrist not sure if i injured it permenantly
    or it wont heal yet i am right handed.

going to talk about my mri results in the morning.

histoey of back stuff arthritis stiff joints as in my ribs hurt
    till i get physical therapy, ride the bike. hike stay
    active yoga and medicinal thearapy as needed
    and is.
    and other stuff my arm hurts all the way to my elbow.
    its the arm with a big bulge on its wrist. some people say smash mywrist
    with a book but its not that. its torn tissue and bad injury
    not sprained but bad strain injury and i was right handed
    now i hurt an all.

so duh, some hydo's are goina kill me doubt it. thats the worse part of the taper but oh well, next time i will just cut them in four pieces and take four times as much.

or sip on clear water. i hope i am still dark side

edit ::sorry i forgot if i was in dark side or discussion. lol

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nuttynutskin View Post
    Kratom

OKAY I LOVE KRATOM BUT I AM SAVING IT FOR WHEN EVERYTHING
    ELSE RUNS OUT. OR WHEN I HAVE TIME TO SIT AROUND FOR TEA SOME
    DAY. SOON I HOPE. but i do have xanax and it doesn't taste NASTAY.

edit ::
    maybe i will have some sugar which is worse than all of the crap put together.

8. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Hylight! Please buddy, try to refrain from posting when you don't yet have your thoughts completely together. I am telling you this because people have the tendency to pigeonhole certain users based upon their posting behavior. I'm not necessarily saying that this applies to you, but if people get the feeling that the majority of your posts are a little random and meandering, it might cause them to not devote the time to helping.

In the future, just try to make it a little more concise. Believe me, I'm guilty of talking/texting too much. I always end up saying more than I had originally intended to. I just wanted to put this on your radar man, no harm done!