Considering First Test Cycle - Many Questions!

Zalo

Bluelighter
I'm considering doing a simple cycle of test e this summer but I have so many questions before I possibly make this decision.

The importance of a PCT seems to be emphasized in every other forum I've gone to. Yes, I've read the "Your First Cycle" thread, and I understand that it doesn't improve long term recovery, however, if taking a SERM increases testosterone levels during a PCT then wouldn't that allow you to retain more of your gains? Also, wouldn't the SERM speed up recovery? I'd imagine during long-term use your baseline test would decrease over time and taking a SERM wouldn't do any good at bringing it back to pre-AAS levels, but wouldn't it bring it back to baseline quicker nonetheless?

What are the thoughts on taking HCG? It seems to aid in recovery so I'd be inclined to take it.

Does testicular atrophy cause any pain?
Does shutting down/suppression negatively affect how you feel if you're on exogenous test?
Do you feel like total garbage post cycle?
How long does it typically take to recover after a cycle?
Is there a chance of going infertile after a first cycle?

I know that there's a lot to answer so I'd appreciate any help given.

The importance of a PCT seems to be emphasized in every other forum I've gone to. Yes, I've read the "Your First Cycle" thread, and I understand that it doesn't improve long term recovery, however, if taking a SERM increases testosterone levels during a PCT then wouldn't that allow you to retain more of your gains?

Recovery and muscle mass is not just about the single variable of testosterone. There are an unknown number of systems in the body concerned with lean body mass regulation, of which testosterone is just one (albeit obviously major).

This is why we recommend you taper off your cycle, to give your body a chance to get used to lower levels of everything not just test (or higher levels, in the case of something directly counter-regulatory like myostatin).

Also, wouldn't the SERM speed up recovery? I'd imagine during long-term use your baseline test would decrease over time and taking a SERM wouldn't do any good at bringing it back to pre-AAS levels, but wouldn't it bring it back to baseline quicker nonetheless?

I understand why you might think it would help. But you have to appreciate that your own body's negative feedback homeostatic system rebounds very quickly when you stop a cycle. Whether mildly supraphysiological LH/FSH makes much real world difference to the speed of testicular recovery at that point of rebound is essentially unproven and debatable. You will find some people arguing its merits, particularly in terms of mood if they're somebody who feels bad post-cycle. You will find others saying it does nothing (which is my own anecdotal perspective), or makes them feel worse, because of the way SERMs work.

It can ache yes, but not for everyone.

Does shutting down/suppression negatively affect how you feel if you're on exogenous test?

It can do. Other hormones (some of which are psychoactive) are produced from the same system and are suppressed when you take exogenous test.

Some do, some don't. Personally, not at all, apart from reduced libido. The question won't have any value for you until you've done a cycle.

Some don't ever recover, so bear that in mind. Others, anything from 1-6 months. You would hope to recover from a low-dose test cycle in 2-3 months max.

Yes.

talking about 10-12 weeks and 600mg test e/c

>What are the thoughts on taking HCG? It seems to aid in recovery so I'd be inclined to take it.What is sure is that your balls will retain their size during a cycle. How much it helps recovery is up in the air. Some people do crazy long and heavy cycles and don't do much to prevent problems and recover well and quickly others have problems even from short low dose cycles while taking every precaution you can think off. Personally I never took it and had 0 problems. For a 10-12 600mg cycle I wouldn't take it but there are people who will disagree.

>Does testicular atrophy cause any pain?
No for me.

>Does shutting down/suppression negatively affect how you feel if you're on exogenous test?
There's some studies I'm sure someone will link showing how a few other hormones drop which you aren't replacing which can cause you to feel bad. But personally as long as you're not taking crazy doses and your e2 is normal I feel great.

>Do you feel like total garbage post cycle?
Depends on the person. I felt normal when I stopped taking clomid/nolva since the pct made me feel like I had pms 24/7. Without pct I felt normal and test levels bounced back fine. The only shitty part was seeing you gym lifts drop.

>How long does it typically take to recover after a cycle?
General advice is cycle length + pct but imo most people recover faster. The only sure way to tell is a blood test. That's as far as hormones go. Your hematocrit drops in around 3 months from borderline/high to normal unless you donate blood. But this is usually a problem with longer cycles with compounds that increase RBC more.

>Is there a chance of going infertile after a first cycle?
Yes, but it's extremely unlikely. A study was done to test testosterone as a contraceptive, lots of men remained fertile even while on (I think they were on for 1 or 2 years 300 or 600mg), no pct was done and after 18 months everyone had recovered.

tl;dr

you'll be fine, probably

Also a lot of people in the gym aren't eating right, doing good programs or consistent enough. Fix that first. It'll give you a nice body with 0 danger.

I'm considering doing a simple cycle of test e this summer but I have so many questions before I possibly make this decision.

The importance of a PCT seems to be emphasized in every other forum I've gone to. Yes, I've read the "Your First Cycle" thread, and I understand that it doesn't improve long term recovery, however, if taking a SERM increases testosterone levels during a PCT then wouldn't that allow you to retain more of your gains? Also, wouldn't the SERM speed up recovery? I'd imagine during long-term use your baseline test would decrease over time and taking a SERM wouldn't do any good at bringing it back to pre-AAS levels, but wouldn't it bring it back to baseline quicker nonetheless?

What are the thoughts on taking HCG? It seems to aid in recovery so I'd be inclined to take it.

I know that there's a lot to answer so I'd appreciate any help given.

Hcg worked very well for me, along with 10mg of tomoxifin (<?) The boys grew back to size, I've had a bad pc before and it's no fun,