• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Not sure if this helps or is of any help but as far as using benzos to help with seizure part of tramadol, I found bromazepam the best as it didn't kill the tramadol in a recreational way. Hope this helps.

Hodor said:

1500 mg of tramadol is an insane dose, almost guaranteed to result in a seizure.

Also, what do you mean when you say "get addicted to tramadol"? You're not addicted to any specific opioid, you're addicted to opioids in general. I mean, as kleinerkiffer said, tramadol being an SNRI is going to cause antidepressant discontinuation syndrome on top of the opioid withdrawal if you were to use it for weeks, but at 1500mg/day, that is the least of your worries - the issue at hand is seizures and serotonin syndrome; possibly also mania.

This is especially true if you were to combine tramadol with other prescription drugs that compete with it for certain liver enzymes (mostly CYP2D6; bupropion, for example, is notorious for this); this would slow down the conversion of tramadol to its active metabolite, resulting in reduced opioid effects and increased serotonergic effects, meaning it becomes even more dangerous.

(I don't mind using it for depression as I have depression and anxiety.)

The thing is, people say they wean off opioids using tramadol. How do I do that? I am now trying to take 20 mg oxy every 6 hours with the help of tramadol. Prior I was using 30-40 mg every 6 hours. I need to get off asap because I have opioid induced gastric paresis. Anyone know how to use tramadol to reduce oxy?

it was edited, the note was deleted.

1500 mg of tramadol is an insane dose, almost guaranteed to result in a seizure. well not in my case, everybody reacts differently, I had 2 seizures, one of them was related to an RC stimulant being combined with a much lower dose of tramadol than I was doing at a time and the other one involved Effexor. even without any benzo I can tolerate 1000mg + anytime, I always had to take larger doses, trust me I would loved to take lower ones as my stash would've last longer. for example with codeine without an antihistamine I get mad rashes at even 100-150mg, but with oxy over 80 mg not or even IV'ed fentanyl. so everybody reacts to every substance differently, studies also have exceptions but that does not mean they are not legit

What i want to know is what the chance for a seizure is with a dosage of 100 - 300. Is this 1/100 - 1/10.000?
I never had a seizure before in my life and do not mix the tramadol with any other drugs.

It is so widely used but i can not find these numbers anywhere.

I love taking like 100 - 250 oltram every now and then but .. yeah every time i read about it someone is mentioning the lowering of this seizure threshold issue.

Hope someone can say something about the chances, percentage wise not mixed with anything and within the 'therapeutical' dosage range.

Last edited:
The PI states seizures as a rare ADR, so 1:1000, but it also states that it's usually with high doses or in combination with drugs that lower the seizure threshold

I don't think you should worry too much with your dosage and you don't seem to be seizure prone given that you took it before

The voice of reason! Thanks for your answer, common sense told me this already but as i stated when you look up information about this drug, every other sentence the seizure issue is mentioned.

I dont drink or smoke weed or such ...just happend to run into this substance a few years back and using it of and on ever since. It is working very good with me and i am in no need for a high that is more strong/ obvious since i am a family man.

But the last thing i can use is haveing some epileptic attack 'out of nowhere' while im among the fam :)

In some of these african countries they must have seizures all the times. One can only guess what doses they take there, having seen some clips on youtube.

Tramadol - Best ROA

I currently take my Tramadol orally although I have taken it intranasally before and even tried to smoke it (in a cigarette) in the past.
I get a weekly prescription for Tramadol (56 x 50mg pills) but it only lasts me for four days. I take Dihydrocodeine and sometimes loperamide on the other three days.
I'm just hoping to be able to take less of the drug and still get the same effect to make it last longer. Even making the Tramadol last five days would be awesome.
I potentiate it by also taking Cyclizine and Chlorpromazine.

So which is the best ROA to use: oral, intranasal, intravenous, or plugging?

Considering the high oral bioavailability and Tram's active metabolite being more powerful than tram itself, oral is my preferred ROA and convenient. Those that have had IV or IM Tramadol ampules report no rush or massive onset. So yeah , seeing as it's pretty much a prodrug switching up ROA's won't net any real gains.

The two active metabolites resulted are desmetramadol (O-desmethyltramadol), which is the major active metabolite, and nortramadol which adds to its uniqueness compared to other opiates/opioids due to the amplified SNRI/SRI activity it has.

Tramadol and possible seizures??

Hey guys I've been taking 250 mg at once of tramadol for the last week and some kratom to help with my chronic back pain, while I'm recovering from spinal fusion surgery. I try to keep it at 250mg every 24 hours and when it wears off I switch to kratom. I usually get percocet, norco, and the blue 30mg oxy form my plug to help with my pain since doctors are useless in this terrible time of overreacting from the epidemic. Well, ill be getting my assortment of pills in the next day or two, but in the meantime, that's what I've been doing.

So my question is, am I in any dangers of seizures? I had 4 seizures 3 years ago from a massive benzo habit which I kicked, thank God. (Absolutely hell) I'll take valium, or klonopin a couple times a month now but for the most part, I'm over them.

Thanks in advance

the studies show that doses mainly over 400mg cause seizures but in some cases the seizures can happen at doses under 400mg.

I've had a friend which had seizures at 500 mg but he also had the same result with 150mg also, but if you took this dosage the whole week without having one I would doubt that you'll have one. Just try to not drive a car if you feel like you are about to have a seizure and stay in a safe environment till it leaves your system.

Normally to prevent seizures some benzos could be added to the mix such as clonazepam (klonopin) but if you had a benzo habit I would say that it is not worth to start taking them again, just stay at this dose and wait till you get your pills. I don't think that the seizures from 3 years ago would have an impact on your current usage, mainly if they were caused by withdrawal and you did not have them months or years after you stopped withdrawing.

I'm going to merge this with the new Mega Thread from morpheuspapaverus ^. But yeah, 250mg a day total does seem relatively safe compared to what others have taken and the recommended guidelines.
Hope the back pain eases up Trev.

Hey guys I've been taking 250 mg at once of tramadol for the last week and some kratom to help with my chronic back pain, while I'm recovering from spinal fusion surgery. I try to keep it at 250mg every 24 hours and when it wears off I switch to kratom. I usually get percocet, norco, and the blue 30mg oxy form my plug to help with my pain since doctors are useless in this terrible time of overreacting from the epidemic. Well, ill be getting my assortment of pills in the next day or two, but in the meantime, that's what I've been doing.

So my question is, am I in any dangers of seizures? I had 4 seizures 3 years ago from a massive benzo habit which I kicked, thank God. (Absolutely hell) I'll take valium, or klonopin a couple times a month now but for the most part, I'm over them.

Thanks in advance

250 mg should be alright, given that you don't have a seizure disorder but only had seizures due to benzo withdrawal
But imo don't take tramadol the days after you took diazepam/clonazepam just to be safe

So does dosing tramadol 12h b4 buprenorphine decrease your risk of precipitated withdrawals compared with other opiates

I'm glad you posted this op ill have a nice read when I get the chance

What do guys think of Tramador ER vs. IR? Which one is better to use recreationally?

I was thinking that since Tramadol works best being taken in staggered doses, the extended-release could have an advantage.

Can someone help me out with Tramadol ER? I have 100 mg pills and I want to use them recreationally, albeit not overdosing. I have a significant opiate tolerance, but I seldom use Tramadol.

I know the daily dosage is generally 400mg subsequent the risk of seizures. Be that as it may, does this pertain to only IR? I’ve been told by more than one person that 300mg is the daily safe dosage for ER.

How do I go about dosing these recreationally? I will take one when I wake up? How soon can I take another?

Can I crush or chew to make it IR? The pills I have are these: https://img.medscapestatic.com/pi/features/drugdirectory/octupdate/LUP03830.jpg

If these do allow for chewing or crushing to make IR, how does that affect the frequency of dosing? Does it remain the same as I asked above for when taken regularly, or does crushing/chewing allow you to take them sooner?

Thank you in advance!

Can someone help me out with Tramadol ER? I have 100 mg pills and I want to use them recreationally, albeit not overdosing. I have a significant opiate tolerance, but I seldom use Tramadol.

I know the daily dosage is generally 400mg subsequent the risk of seizures. Be that as it may, does this pertain to only IR? I’ve been told by more than one person that 300mg is the daily safe dosage for ER.

How do I go about dosing these recreationally? I will take one when I wake up? How soon can I take another?

Can I crush or chew to make it IR? The pills I have are these: https://img.medscapestatic.com/pi/features/drugdirectory/octupdate/LUP03830.jpg

If these do allow for chewing or crushing to make IR, how does that affect the frequency of dosing? Does it remain the same as I asked above for when taken regularly, or does crushing/chewing allow you to take them sooner?

Thank you in advance!

I think your questions about tramadol ER were answered in the thread you posted, crush your pills, take 100mg after 1 hour take another 100mg and see how it feels after about 3 hours

I don’t recall getting that specific answer. Still doesn’t answer all my questions nonetheless, but thank you for that information to start with.

So those are safe to crush for IR. I’ll take one, then an hour later another. If in 3 hours I feel nothing, then I can take another 100mg? Is 300 the max for the day?