• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Are there places in uk where people aren't so controlled by sjw culture/social media?

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
I grew up out in the country but that was in the late 90s (in my 30s now) before the all seeing eye of social media took hold so have no idea what living in a rural area is like now. I guess it would be ubiquitous across the whole western world however I wonder if maybe some rural areas which still revolve around simple farming life it would be less of an all encompassing thing?

I really feel so stifled now days as the whole of society seems to have embraced social media and sjw culture and if you aren't 'hip' to it then you are an outsider and ostracized immediately. The few clubs that still exist have become nothing but narcissistic feeding grounds where no-one even snogs or anything any more as they are oh so afraid of anything compromising being uploaded to social media.

The only reliable escape I know of these days is taking drugs since they still have the same reliable effects they always had; choice ones taken in moderation and not to excess, ie that beautiful plant kratom.

There aren't even any underground scenes now to get any kind of release or sanctuary from the drudgery of the mindless mob. What few places that still play dnb or the like are just the most bland shite commercialized chase and status style rubbish. Even the free parties look WEAK now days from what I see uploaded to youtube. They just play wank fidgit house; the type if shit you hear in clubs. Not that I would want to go to free parties any more just an example to say that even the bastions of the underground have been infiltrated and diluted beyond recognition. The free parties in france on the other hand still look really strong still playing mostly frenchtek and gabber- aka proper underground music.

I just feel totally alienated from society since everyone else has folded into the rank and file of this surveillance culture of not doing anything that would possibly lead to a social faux pas and ruin their precious image. Social media and sjw culture have blended perfectly to exert almost total control on human behavior.

I know the cities are the worst for breeding all the latest degenerate progressive ideas and I would be happy just turning my back on society except for the fact I am still as horny a mother fucker like I was in my teens so I can't imagine living in a place with a very small pool of people which is not refreshed regularly. Not that things would change at all in that regard since I am seen as a social pariah, even having tried moving city, for several years now since the 'decline'. I used to do 'ok' the old fashioned way of meeting girls in bars but since the rise of tinder etc. that time honoured tradition seems to be considered socially unacceptable and 'barbaric' to talk to strangers in real life but also the fact about 1/10 of people go out now that used to and they are just into meeting on their fantasy online worlds.

But I feel that even the moribund opportunities I have now could be even worse living in a very rural place. There are probably a couple of eligible girls in a small village/town and if they would repel your advances your opportunities reduce to 0. Maybe it would be different if they were more salt of the earth type of people still into regular everyday concerns so then I would actually be able to relate to them; a quality over quantity deal.

I had loads of friends in the country when I grew up but that was cos we were all forced together in school. I don't see how I could replicate that now especially due to what I said above that there seems to be no interesting scenes these days that I could bear to hang around at though maybe it would be a different way of life in the country, which is the impetus for the post to ask if it is or not.

Back in ye old days we just used to go out and get pissed in farmer's pubs and go on the pull at the local meet markets; ah for those halcyon days.

Last edited:
I had one of these in the other day. You know the type, dyed green hair, hairy, obese, thick framed glasses, Doc martins with fishnets and a pong of body odour so bad it’d give a tramp a run for their money. Banging on about how she’s self certified as having PTSD.. The mind boggles.

I had one of these in the other day. You know the type, dyed green hair, hairy, obese, thick framed glasses, Doc martins with fishnets and a pong of body odour so bad it?d give a tramp a run for their money. Banging on about how she?s self certified as having PTSD.. The mind boggles.

Was it Millie Tant by any chance..?

There's a total lack of 'youth subculture' now. Most folk used to dress and act, go to the bars and clubs that played the type of music they listened too...

Now what's left I call the 'X-Factor Generation' - and I just don't mean musically. Everything is so bland and boring, everyone's glued to their phone and their online identity is more important than their real life persona. Every High Street, in every UK town, just looks the exact same, there's no uniqueness: Costa Coffee, McDonald's, Weatherspoons, WH Smith, Tesco, Primark, KFC... etc, etc.

All the teenagers and 20-somethings look the same - the girls look like Oompa Loompas with weird tattooed eyebrows; the guys actually don't look too different to the girls. To be honest, that's if I dare to assume their gender...

All the buildings look the same, modern, quickly built, look futuristic for about 5 years until they fall apart whilst all the traditional Victorian and Georgian buildings around them have been left to crumble to the point of being demolished.

Community no longer exists either, I live in a flat and couldn't tell you my 'neighbours' names - this would have been unheard of in Glasgow at one time, everyone knew each other from their area. The pubs they drank in have been changed to semi-restaurants called 'gastro pubs' (whatever that even means), the local cinemas are now bingo halls. The shops are all charity shops, which is fine, I'm all for charity, but every single shop? Apart from the ones, such as the tanning salons, which are fronts for the local heavy mob.

I blame the Baby Boomers.

1.png

2-1.png

3.png

4.png

Ho's be like, What do we want? Equality, when do we want it? Right after wine and lobster..

There's a total lack of 'youth subculture' now. Most folk used to dress and act, go to the bars and clubs that played the type of music they listened too...

Now what's left I call the 'X-Factor Generation' - and I just don't mean musically. Everything is so bland and boring, everyone's glued to their phone and their online identity is more important than their real life persona. Every High Street, in every UK town, just looks the exact same, there's no uniqueness: Costa Coffee, McDonald's, Weatherspoons, WH Smith, Tesco, Primark, KFC... etc, etc.

All the teenagers and 20-somethings look the same - the girls look like Oompa Loompas with weird tattooed eyebrows; the guys actually don't look too different to the girls. To be honest, that's if I dare to assume their gender...

All the buildings look the same, modern, quickly built, look futuristic for about 5 years until they fall apart whilst all the traditional Victorian and Georgian buildings around them have been left to crumble to the point of being demolished.

Community no longer exists either, I live in a flat and couldn't tell you my 'neighbours' names - this would have been unheard of in Glasgow at one time, everyone knew each other from their area. The pubs they drank in have been changed to semi-restaurants called 'gastro pubs' (whatever that even means), the local cinemas are now bingo halls. The shops are all charity shops, which is fine, I'm all for charity, but every single shop? Apart from the ones, such as the tanning salons, which are fronts for the local heavy mob.

Yes yes yes! Someone who can relate! Other replies seemed to have been missing the mark and fallen on deaf ears. How do you entertain yourself nowadays? Since for me it feels like everything with any kind of soul in cities has been stamped out.

Even alt scenes like goths and emos have died out and been absorbed into hipsters I'd guess. It's like you say the guys are usually skinnier than the girls. I have seen the progressive feminization of men in line with the demonization of anything masculine. It is like femininity is now wearing the trousers and the men are the passive ones. Total role reversal.

I am wondering if there is any escape from it. I had considered going to live in another country. I hear the eastern europe hasn't been affected by this global western trend so much and are still more about traditional values. I really hate to travel though so I would not want to have to come back and forth visiting family. That is why I wonder if there are any pockets of the uk where you can still have a decent social life away from the 'maddening crowd'.

I would like to hear from any country bumpkins if this decadent social milieu has even spread to their parts:).

Leave us baby boomers out of it - it's these fuckin millennials that are to blame...

What gets me is that these days even the drug taking youth are no longer rebels - they're all just plastic clones. In my day, there were the trendies at one end of the scale and the druggies at the other and never the twain shall meet. Nowadays, the druggies are the trendies! I really can't see how the Government can claim that drug use among teenagers is falling when every young person that I know of is regularly getting twatted on coke, ket and mandy at their trendy bars every weekend...

Leave us baby boomers out of it - it's these fuckin millennials that are to blame...

What gets me is that these days even the drug taking youth are no longer rebels - they're all just plastic clones. In my day, there were the trendies at one end of the scale and the druggies at the other and never the twain shall meet. Nowadays, the druggies are the trendies! I really can't see how the Government can claim that drug use among teenagers is falling when every young person that I know of is regularly getting twatted on coke, ket and mandy at their trendy bars every weekend...

Hah yea I forgot about when I first noticed that.

Well you gotta admit coke has always been popular with stuck up cunts and suits them to the ground. That has been a strong favourite with them since the start hasn't it, in thatcher's britian with the yuppies etc. Cameron and his cronies were known to have a knees up with it back in uni days.

The usual meet market student nights where I would go strictly to (try) pull I suddenly started seeing the plastic girls gurning all over the shop. I didn't even want to accept it at first. I kept saying that it was just some isolated occurrences or something till it got so common I couldn't ignore it any more as being the new norm.

It's funny I remember just the kind of era when it happened. It was just around 2012 because in 2010 or so there was that big drought due to the sasafras burning in malaysia or somewhere and it was super rare for a summer or so and then a couple years later it was everywhere.

It was actually annoying because contrary to what people say about mdma being the 'love drug' it has the opposite effect for making connections, much worse then alcohol. It can be a connecting thing but only if both parties are on it I think. When a girl is on it they're off in another place and they won't acknowledge anything you say- and not in the usual way when your chat is bad.

And generally it felt like they were muscling in on this once precious scene :); dat cultural appropriation. Mdma and ketamine are now mainstream like weed. I can't imagine why mainstreamers like ketamine. That is such a weird thing for a trendy to be into but I think it doesn't really matter to them; they just want any kind of mental stimulation just so they can tell a story about it on their blog/facebook.

Anyway my intent for writing such posts is I am trying to find out if there are still any pockets of sanity left but they just seem to end up in miserable rants from others who are also disillusioned; better then nothing to hear others' who can relate but I would still like to know if there is something, anything left out there worth getting excited about. So far it seems pretty dismal from what others have said; same experience as me.

Last edited:
Hah yea I forgot about when I first noticed that.

Well you gotta admit coke has always been popular with stuck up cunts and suits them to the ground. That has been a strong favourite with them since the start hasn't it, in thatcher's britian with the yuppies etc. Cameron and his cronies were known to have a knees up with it back in uni days.

The usual meet market student nights where I would go strictly to (try) pull I suddenly started seeing the plastic girls gurning all over the shop. I didn't even want to accept it at first. I kept saying that it was just some isolated occurrences or something till it got so common I couldn't ignore it any more as being the new norm.

It's funny I remember just the kind of era when it happened. It was just around 2012 because in 2010 or so there was that big drought due to the sasafras burning in malaysia or somewhere and it was super rare for a summer or so and then a couple years later it was everywhere.

It was actually annoying because contrary to what people say about mdma being the 'love drug' it has the opposite effect for making connections, much worse then alcohol. It can be a connecting thing but only if both parties are on it I think. When a girl is on it they're off in another place and they won't acknowledge anything you say- and not in the usual way when your chat is bad.

And generally it felt like they were muscling in on this once precious scene :); dat cultural appropriation. Mdma and ketamine are now mainstream like weed. I can't imagine why mainstreamers like ketamine. That is such a weird thing for a trendy to be into but I think it doesn't really matter to them; they just want any kind of mental stimulation just so they can tell a story about it on their blog/facebook.

Anyway my intent for writing such posts is I am trying to find out if there are still any pockets of sanity left but they just seem to end up in miserable rants from others who are also disillusioned; better then nothing to hear others' who can relate but I would still like to know if there is something, anything left out there worth getting excited about. So far it seems pretty dismal from what others have said; same experience as me.

Well, in an attempt to answer your question - I don't think so. Social media has ruined everything. Youth culture has homogenised into self obsessed minor internet celebrity status, fuelled by mindless reality TV programs featuring spoilt and retarded imbeciles who are too conceited to realise how fuckin pathetic they really are.

I hate people...

Yes yes yes! Someone who can relate! Other replies seemed to have been missing the mark and fallen on deaf ears. How do you entertain yourself nowadays? Since for me it feels like everything with any kind of soul in cities has been stamped out.

Even alt scenes like goths and emos have died out and been absorbed into hipsters I'd guess. It's like you say the guys are usually skinnier than the girls. I have seen the progressive feminization of men in line with the demonization of anything masculine. It is like femininity is now wearing the trousers and the men are the passive ones. Total role reversal.

I am wondering if there is any escape from it. I had considered going to live in another country. I hear the eastern europe hasn't been affected by this global western trend so much and are still more about traditional values. I really hate to travel though so I would not want to have to come back and forth visiting family. That is why I wonder if there are any pockets of the uk where you can still have a decent social life away from the 'maddening crowd'.

I would like to hear from any country bumpkins if this decadent social milieu has even spread to their parts:).

I 'entertain' myself by trying to juggle normality with an H habit. Currently trying to come of H and onto subs using Bernese Method. Hopefully, life will become much more entertaining once I succeed. Want to get back into interests and hobbies, be a normal cunt that can enjoy life without H... it's not 'fun' anymore.

I'm an equal opportunities offender. I think as long we make fun of all groups and not just minority ones then theres no real harm. Eg calling out straights for being degenerate breeders, reproductive trash, an ecological catastrophe etc, then it can all be good fun.

Whilst I concede that the whole SJW thing is an actual, tangible thing that is often toxic, I think pretty much the same about people getting too deeply into the 'anti-sjw' thing.

As somebody who rarely interacts with the media, I can't really think of any real world reactions where I've actually witnessed this SJW stuff. On the contrary, I have a friend who thinks that it's persuasive and has ruined everything & is an NWO agenda, but then again I'm his only real friend and he rarely interacts with people, so to me it's more a reflection of his own lack of human interaction and negativity than anything else.

Honestly, I think that if you get into this stuff then it can become very focussed online to the point of obsession, and you can tend to think the worlds tumbling down, when it simply isn't.

Whilst I concede that the whole SJW thing is an actual, tangible thing that is often toxic, I think pretty much the same about people getting too deeply into the 'anti-sjw' thing.

As somebody who rarely interacts with the media, I can't really think of any real world reactions where I've actually witnessed this SJW stuff. On the contrary, I have a friend who thinks that it's persuasive and has ruined everything & is an NWO agenda, but then again I'm his only real friend and he rarely interacts with people, so to me it's more a reflection of his own lack of human interaction and negativity than anything else.

Honestly, I think that if you get into this stuff then it can become very focussed online to the point of obsession, and you can tend to think the worlds tumbling down, when it simply isn't.

You are just talking about extreme examples of it but it isn't about that. I wasn't talking about the militant forms which are easy to spot and not representative of the main force of this.

You are strawmanning really by saying 'if you see these extreme forms of sjw everywhere then you are just an alex jones nutter yourself'- that mischaracterization is quite an sjw kind of position in itself! :) for shame. It is, rather, the subtle and progressively increasing disapproval over time through the media (which then normalizes outrage over stupid shit, anything which isn't deemed politically correct) manipulating cultural norms.

Yes as the funkman says, social media has been the main driving force of this crap being shoved into people's minds since they are these companies are the super progressive left and will censor anything which harms their safe space snowflake audience and panders to that culture. Left was good in the old sense of salt of the earth miners/nhs etc but not this new bastardized progressive left bullshit.

Of course and like he says, real sjws like che guevara were good lads but not an internet sjw thinking they are carrying the torch just for fake indignation at some cultural appropriation crap in order to get brownie points.

I read up on cultural marxism, since I saw it bandied around a lot in relation to this stuff, recently and it was the best explanation I have found of this guerilla kind of conditioning.

Last edited:
On a side note we talk about online social media as not being real life but, unfortunately imo, I think that's open for debate.

Well of course everything that ever existed was 'real life', even if it was online, but I was using the distinction quite specifically because as I stated, I haven't witnessed this stuff in person, whereas youtube is a very different story. Watch one trending "SJW gets owned video" on youtube and you'll suddenly be presented with three more and a few "the problem with SJW culture" type videos. Watch a couple of those and the next thing youtube thinks its your favourite thing and is suddenly carrying you down a rabbit or hole, not to mention an echo chamber of ideology and false precedents about how 'real life' is i.e life outside of youtube, twitter, etc; places where things naturally become very focussed via algorithms and meme culture.

When I talk about twattish sjw's I'm referring to the likes of the people who get annoyed at instances of so called cultural appropriation that are genuinely harmless and cause no real harm. (Trustafarian jokes aside) what harm is there in a white man having dreadlocks?

Yip, certainly never seen anything like that. Seen it on youtube, seen it in articles, seen it on here and seen it on twitter. Never seen it in person, that I can think of. The people that I associate with (generally a bunch of laid back left leaning electronic music heads, many with an interest in psychedelics) quite simply just aren't interested in being dick heads or SJWs or whatever, or conforming to mainstream media narratives, so I don't encounter it. The idea of anybody calling out a white man for having dreadlocks is so far removed from my reality; I can assure you that anybody doing that round any of my friends or acquaintances would literally be laughed and ridiculed out of the room. Cultural appropriation? Never actually heard this term spoken out loud, unless you count youtube. Have you? Genuine question.

I know it's easy to say that these certain sjws have no real life impact and it's blown out of proportion in a tabloid way in order to gain clicks. This is true but it's also true that they have a real and measurable negative effect on society.

Just to clarify in case there are any misconceptions (from anyone); I never said or implied this, so just clearing that up. They certainly have a real life impact, I just haven't personally encountered them in person; I can see they're out there and often toxic, and I do not dispute this.

However, what I have experienced is people from all different political persuasions trying to criticise me for beliefs and ideologies, trying to tar me with various different colours of brush, and trying to imbue their own personal beliefs and ideologies upon me. Unfortunately, such are humans, and I think that (especially when you've taken psychedelics), you notice that this is a constant barrage, and if you don't stand up for what you believe in, it's very easy to be trampled down and to just accept what other people say. But to say that this is just the left or the right or whatever (as people often tend to do) is simplifying things to a ridiculous degree and usually indicative of buying into a trending ideology. The fact of the matter is that culture is both a blessing and a curse, and the way that it evolves and maintains itself is that people will forever be attempting to force it upon you.

You are strawmanning really by saying 'if you see these extreme forms of sjw everywhere then you are just an alex jones nutter yourself'- that mischaracterization is quite an sjw kind of position in itself! :) for shame.

Woah... what? Excuse me? Please do not place phrases in to my mouth! :) I did not think, say or even remotely imply that. I simply gave you an actual real world example of a friend who your post (and now that I think of it, you) reminded me of, who incidently came to mind. It made me muse on him because I found it to be relevant to the topic, and it came straight to the tip of my tongue. On the subject of mis-characterisation, dare I say that you just implied... ever so slightly indirectly... that I am an 'SJW'? Well just in case you are, let me point out that you are completely incorrect.

Again, I'm not denying that this is a thing, I'm just pointing out that I have tens of friends & hundreds of acquaintances, and I simply do not come across this sort of stuff, and if I did, I'd be the first to call them out.

No offence but you're talking about being stifled and how:

The few clubs that still exist have become nothing but narcissistic feeding grounds where no-one even snogs or anything any more as they are oh so afraid of anything compromising being uploaded to social media.

I mean, really? Nobody ever gets off with each other in clubs any more.. you think that? Ever been to Newcastle on a Friday night? I think this is more reflective of you not going to them, to be honest. I've been to numerous clubs recently and everybody was way too smashed to be really using phones and worrying about taking instagram photos, and I even recall seeing a couple all loved up on MDMA and getting off with each other.

There aren't even any underground scenes now to get any kind of release or sanctuary from the drudgery of the mindless mob. What few places that still play dnb or the like are just the most bland shite commercialized chase and status style rubbish.

I mean... it's literally not true. I've been to numerous D&B nights this year which were playing really cool, underground, techy d&B or luscious liquid, and I'm not even a d&b head. The conversations outside were roughly the same kind of banter I was having when I started clubbing in 2002.

I used to do 'ok' the old fashioned way of meeting girls in bars but since the rise of tinder etc. that time honoured tradition seems to be considered socially unacceptable and 'barbaric'

This really just isn't true either.

No offence, and I'm honestly not being a dick - but I think this sounds more like you just being... possibly depressed? I'd be surprised if not. These quotes above (amongst others) sound like you're experiencing extreme pessimism born of apathy. If you have all of these ideas about clubs and bars (and presumably a load more), maybe they're simply born of you simply being... in your own words... a social pariah, and alienated? Because what you have just said is honestly not born in reality. Guys can't hit on girls in bars any more, and nobody snogs in clubs? Sorry, but that is (thankfully) not reality.

I'm not trying to shoot you down here, but this is what was going on in the back of my mind when I read your original post and then responded. It sounds to me like you're stuck in the old appeal to tradition or good old days way of thinking. That old, ancient halcyon utopia that never existed except in peoples subjective past. Trust me, it's a toxic trap which turns many a once young person old; even when they're relatively young.

I'm not being a dick, but maybe you need to start looking within and maybe attempt trying to de-alienate yourself. Have you considered that, rather than other people finding your ideas so inexcusably intolerable, that its sometimes perhaps that you find theirs inexcusably intolerable? You just sound depressed man, and I have a lot of love for anybody in that position, as I totally get it. But if that's the case you need to work on bettering yourself and resolving that, & upgrading your life. The world, and certainly not the clubbing world, are certainly not as bleak as you seem to imagine.