• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drug is hardest to quit?

zagor11

Bluelighter
Just roughly I wonder what drug would be toughest to quit including the paws of course weather they are short or long. When it comes to opioids they say it's fentanyl. IME it is the evil suboxone. Well it's less evil than getting od but I hated it it gave me more than a year of depression.

For me: alcohol. Mostly because you can die. I had a seizure so violent I fractured my spine and broke three ribs, and a 6 minute seizure (while waiting to be seen in hospital after a previous seizure) where they had to put me in a phenobarbital coma. I've also had a mini-stroke from alcohol withdrawal.

Methadone had me sick for 10 weeks (I did cold turkey from 60mg/day) but it was still nothing compared to alcohol withdrawal.

Freakin' Alprazolam for sure in my experiences with running out and/or quitting a drug. Sucks a** as just when you think you're out of the woods... BAM! Mind fu**ed all over again.

WOW CE, you were still lucky that you was in hospital at the time. I also hear benzos are hell to quit. My shrink said in his 30 year career he didn't have a single patient able to quit klonopin. IMO klonopin is the hardest I have been trying to quit but no luck, 15 years on it.

For me, it was and continues to be the damn benzos. I was an opiate addict for probably 10 years of my life, and quitting them has only ever lead to short term discomfort for me (measured in weeks or a month). From the beginning of 2015 to the end of 2016 i threw in benzos into my daily mix, together with opiates. Really bad idea, but hindsight is 20/20. I went through drug dependency treatment at the end of 2016 and cleaned up, and have been clean since. The benzos still haunt me to this day. PAWS is real, and I still get flashes of it.

Imagine you're having a carefree day, things are going your way, and you're feeling pretty good about life. Suddenly you get cramps in your legs, your eyes begin to water, your nose starts running, you yawn to the point where you feel like you might dislocate your jaw, you can feel your heart beating in your throat, you get inexplicable nausea, your gut starts churning, everything starts to taste weird, your skin feels sticky, and you can't focus on anything. Feeling like a freshly made dopefiend all over. Completely out of the blue. And it goes away as quickly as it came. It's gotten milder and milder and more infrequent for me as time goes on. Now, being a seasoned addict, I know exactly what will help me feel better in the moment, but I know that taking it will perpetuate the symptoms. My body is still calling out for this drug, over two years after discontinuation.

Benzos and alcohol because the withdrawals can kill you. I'm coming off of both at the same time, albeit not by choice.

Benzos and alcohol because the withdrawals can kill you. I'm coming off of both at the same time, albeit not by choice.
Damn, fam.
Hope there is support or at least a light at the end of the agony. Hopefully it will be short lived.
Drink lots of water, exercise (if an option) and eat well (again; if an option).
God (open) is with you.

Pretty much. The hardest drug to give up varies from person to person.
For me it's opioids.
Do you think that maybe one substance could be more physically and mentally/emotionally dependent?
Morphine is by far my DOC but even after a lengthy run I can pretty much snap back fairly quickly. Xanax; on the other hand, is noticeably more non-forgiving.
Actually... if it were anything: Weed is my DOC as it is daily and can do without all if I have a puff when I "need" it. If I run out I may be bummed for a minute but it doesn't cripple my style, personality or functionality.

Last edited:
Damn, fam.
Hope there is support or at least a light at the end of the agony. Hopefully it will be short lived.
Drink lots of water, exercise (if an option) and eat well (again; if an option).
God (open) is with you.

Thanks, it hasn't been that bad actually. Probably because I was already down to an extremely low dose of kpin. Kratom seems to help a bit.

For me it's always been methadone; heroin is more psychologically painful for me, oxycodone/hydromorphone/rx morphine hcl/hydromorphone (basically all the legit pharma shit) is by far the most painful, but that methadone kick just lasts and lasts.

GHB, I managed to addict myself to this substance in a fraction of the time it takes to form an addiction to another drug. Seizures upon quitting. Depression, lack of energy, blah feeling.

IV Cocaine: Completely different high than any other ROA. If you shoot for a rush this is your drug. I don't get sketchy and sweaty the way I would sniffing cocaine (not to mention the terrible nasal damage), and finally I find IV coke much less compulsory than smoking crack.

No2: Called "hippy-crack" for a damn good reason.

Damn, seems I've an addictive personality

edit: A personal oddity I've noticed after reading through the thread... I've consistently used and abused benzo's almost my whole opiate addiction (half my life, 15+ years) and yet it's taken over a decade for me to become dependent on them. I've only just now got strung, and it's gnarly

Last edited:
I agree with the op on fent vs suboxone. I have tapered completely off of both. Subs was a worse withdrawal.

I've been through daily-use heroin, benzo, and amphetamine withdrawal, and it is without a doubt benzo withdrawal. Two straight years of post acute Hell. Constant anxiety, daily panic attacks, extreme antisocial behavior, persistent physical tremors.

Not to mention I've since been able to use both heroin and amphetamines without going off the rails very shortly after I start. Psychological addiction is a big problem, benzos eliminate the anxiety issue I already had in the first place better than anything else I've tried.

Probably alcohol or benzos. I really feel for severe alcoholics because it's impossible to avoid alcohol (unless you move to Utah and become a Mormon I guess). Leaving where you used to get high and use is a great way to change, but it's impossible with alcohol because there's liquor stores everywhere and there's no negative connotations with drinking. Benzos are also tough because most people don't respect how difficult they are to quit and how insidious their use becomes in your psych, etc. Also, Doctors are fine prescribing them indefinitely so you might not try to get off em for 10+ years and then it's really tough.

For me it has been Meth. I even switched to hispital grade (swiped it right from the IV pumps on the Cardiac unit i worked on) Fentanyl to get off the meth and the just up and stopped the fentynal one day....i was shooting up to 50mLs/day (25mcg/mL) when i stopped....did go right back to the Meth....that took awhile. But once youve IV'd shit (street name in my neck of the woods) there is nothing in existance quite like t.