• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drug is hardest to quit?

I would have to say poppy seed tea, since you are withdrawing from multiple opiates at once which all have their own length half life?s. It?s hell.

For me IV meth. I relapsed about 6 weeks ago after staying away for 2 years. And what's more is it's garbage! It doesn't give me that sought after rush, just makes my head speed. I eat, I sleep... Idk... Whatever they are cutting into it is lame and there's prob just enough actual meth in it to keep you craving... Since the 4th of January I've used almost nearly every day. A little bit cuz I'm not trying to get off my chain or have anyone find out I slipped. Fuck. I wish I could stop but the days I don't use I feel completely drained and then I do a little to combat the comedown and wonder... Other than not knowing what's going into my veins 100%, if I'm completely functional (I go to work on time, pay rent and bills on time, etc.) Is there even a point of quitting? Oh wait, yeah... Summer will be here before we know it and I can't be wearing long sleeves. Haha

Methadone, klonopin and nicotine for me.Nicotine is the only one i have yet to quit.

Probably cigarettes. Smoked them towards the end of high school daily. Then I quit for awhile but ive always come back to them. Ill binge on them until my throat starts hurting then its easy to not smoke em.

I remember snorting lines of hydromorphone until the bottle was gone. Found the bottle in a box after my step dads mom died. I was dumb wasn't aware of the overdose risk of sniffing it. Once it was gone I was fine didnt try to find anymore. Also my sister got like a huge bottle of prescription cough syrup and she only used like a quarter of it before she got better and I would slowly drink some of it before it was completely gone. My moms didnt say anything but she obviously had to know lol. People say opioids are the worst to stop. Ive never injected it so maybe thats why I think its not that hard to stop taking em.

I've been through daily-use heroin, benzo, and amphetamine withdrawal, and it is without a doubt benzo withdrawal. Two straight years of post acute Hell. Constant anxiety, daily panic attacks, extreme antisocial behavior, persistent physical tremors.

Not to mention I've since been able to use both heroin and amphetamines without going off the rails very shortly after I start. Psychological addiction is a big problem, benzos eliminate the anxiety issue I already had in the first place better than anything else I've tried.

I had a bit of a benzo problem for a bit. For like a year I was taking either eitzolam or xanax bars. Literally one day I didnt take any and I had a seizure at work. I guess I just dropped and started convulsing then just got up and walked away. Then an ambulance showed up and they said they were there for me and I was like are you sure? lol have no memory of it happening. Wasnt too hard to stop em after that.

Benzos and opiates.

Probably alcohol or benzos. I really feel for severe alcoholics because it's impossible to avoid alcohol (unless you move to Utah and become a Mormon I guess). Leaving where you used to get high and use is a great way to change, but it's impossible with alcohol because there's liquor stores everywhere and there's no negative connotations with drinking. Benzos are also tough because most people don't respect how difficult they are to quit and how insidious their use becomes in your psych, etc. Also, Doctors are fine prescribing them indefinitely so you might not try to get off em for 10+ years and then it's really tough.

Well you could go to a Muslim country but yeah alcohol (and cigarettes) are hard because you can't even get gas without having the opportunity to buy them. Most gas stations in my town have recently begun selling beer and a few of them even sell liquor. But I don't think alcohol is near as hard to quit as opiates and benzos if you mean simply to get off of (not necessarily stay off). In other words I think it's a lot easier to get off alcohol than get off benzos, but it's harder to stay off alcohol.

I know some people will say "alcohol withdrawal is so bad you can die" and while that's technically true, you have to weigh that against the fact that you generally have to drink an absurd amount before that happens. Compare that against opiates and benzos where even relatively small doses can produce severe and long lasting withdrawal.

You have to remember that with alcohol, the vast majority of people who drink it don't end up drinking a liter of vodka a day, whereas with opiates and benzos a very large percentage of their users do end up with dependencies that cause major withdrawal issues even if they are only taking what many would consider low doses.

If you gave me the option to stop drinking 2-3 beers a day vs stop taking 2-3 norco a day, the beer would literally be so much easier to stop. I'd had opiate habits that were less than 2-3 norco a day and it was still rough trying to stop.

GHB stays with you forever if you ever binge it and are depressed to any degree. It just makes life worth living, I love it so fucking much.

Just roughly I wonder what drug would be toughest to quit including the paws of course weather they are short or long. When it comes to opioids they say it's fentanyl. IME it is the evil suboxone. Well it's less evil than getting od but I hated it it gave me more than a year of depression.

for most people; nicotine.
for myself; heroin, buprenorphine, or any high potency long duration opiate. Particularly heroin.

For my brain chemistry it's weed. Besides being my longest used drug (9 years) I use it for medicine as well as for recreation. I would hate to think how miserable I would have been if I didn't have weed when detoxing off of benzos, pregabalin and weak opiates.