• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I Almost Operated My Phone In Real Life During A Lucid Dream

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Do you think it would be possible to influence real life electronics while lucid dreaming? I have influenced electronics before with my mind on occasion it seems, like slider type phenomena, but I never have been able to control it.

I have influenced streetlights before for sure, and sometimes electronics malfunction in my presence. Sometimes, depending on what I'm thinking about, my mind seems to influence certain streetlights in a manner that allows them to answer my questions by flickering on or off. And it's almost always right.

I have no idea how I acquired this ability or what I attribute it to. But it's clear that I somehow can influence electronics with my mind/electromagnetic field. I've heard that many other people have had this experience. And it's often referred to as being a "slider" or a form of electrokinesis.

I see numerous other people experiencing the same thing, and I've even known some other people who have had similar types of experiences with streetlights and/or other electronic devices. I don't have a scientific explanation, but given my experiences and the sheer number of people experiencing this....... It appears that humans influencing electronic devices occurs and is surprisingly less uncommon than you would think.

Last night I feel that I was close to doing something truly profound, awe inspiring, and almost unimaginable to me. I had a lucid dream where I knew I was dreaming, and I had a feeling that I could influence my phone in real life via the lucid dream.

I tried to, but it was weird. I couldn't get the Samsung browser icon to stay up on the phone I saw during the lucid dream. And the browser on the phone in the lucid dream was different.

I have an android phone and Samsung browser. Yet in the lucid dream state the Samsung browser looked more like the tor browser icon in real life.

Not the onion, but the globe icon that it shows on the desktop, yet I only have Samsung browser and Google chrome on my phone in real life..... And somehow Samsung browser in the lucid dream started using a similar logo to the tor browser desktop icon. Yet I knew somehow in the lucid dream that I would be able to operate my cell phone's Samsung browser by clicking that button in the lucid dream.

If I were able to get it open. If I had gotten the browser open, I am pretty sure I would have been able to operate Samsung browser on my cell phone via some type of telekinesis. I have no proof of this, but I am confident it could have worked. I have no idea how this is possible though.

It was difficult and would have taken a lot of energy. But I felt like I could have done it. But it kept glitching. And that browser in the lucid dream kept sliding over on it's own, glitching out, and not opening.

However, I think that with some luck, willpower, troubleshooting, and quickness of tapping the button in the lucid dream, I could have operated my phone in real life. While lucid dreaming with my phone on the desk. Like using my astral body to affect objects in real life.

I'm fairly confident I was close to being able to do this. If I'm able to, I'll post back here. Because this is some truly incredible stuff, assuming I'm correct about this. However, is there any scientific explanation that could make it possible to operate electronics while in a lucid dream? Or any recorded incidences of this occurring?

Like I said, it was difficult. And I could not get that browser open. But I could just tell that if I could, the Samsung browser of my real life phone would have opened. And I would have been able to do it!

I have thought that I was operating my phone while dreaming, to the point that I still believed it when I woke up for a few minutes, many times. When I'm dreaming lucidly or semi-lucidly, I often believe I have awoken and am actually doing things, often even really mundane things like getting up to pee, and I later find out that it was just a very realistic dream which I thought I had already awoken from. It's entirely convincing in the moment. I think it's a lot more likely you just believed you were just convinced it was real because lucid dreams can feel 100% real. I mean I don't put it 100% outside the realm of possibility, but I think usually the most simple explanation is the real one.

As for the street light thing, a lot of people I talk to say that street lights seem to react to them. I have seen a few weird things. One friend of mine in high school seemed to have a lot of reactions from street lights. One time we were walking around outside and every street light in a long line went off as he stepped under it and then back on when he got to the next one. It was uncanny. I've had it happen a lot to me, too. I've also had street lights not respond to me a lot more times than I have had them respond to me, but those don't stick out in my mind as much. Street lights tend to flicker a lot.

I'd like for it to be possible for us to affect external things physically with our minds, and it may be possible, I don't know. But I do try to be as skeptical as possible because I feel like that's the way to the truth... it's too easy to get wrapped up in delusion if you start believing everything. You create confirmation bias (I just know that I could have, even though I didn't - now, even without proof, you start to believe it is possible).

Ah jesus. Where to start... This is just absurd.

When I was a kid I often used to try to take things back from dreams with myself - mostly by just holding onto them really tightly when I realised I was waking up, when I was able to both realise I was dreaming, and realise that I was waking up, of course... like if I just tried hard enough I'd be able to manifest my dreamed object into physical reality.

Back then it would just be toys or something I'm pretty sure. Obviously if I had that ability now I'd try to be a little more creative with my imagination... unfortunately I don't, of course. Because no-one does. Dreams are dreams.

By all means, though, if you think you can magic up something from your dreams, please do keep trying, because the implications for the future of the human race would be extreme. Perhaps with enough practice, rather than just messing around on your phone or with some streetlights, you'll be able to magic up a perpetual motion machine, a ready made universal assembler, or a genie's lamp... then you can wish for an end to all suffering in the world and for humankind to discover the keys to truly understanding the universe and all of existence.

I think you are about as likely to be able to manifest a real live genie into existence as you are likely to be able to influence a streetlight with your mind, but I'm sure that won't stop you from trying to do either. :)

...If you do manage to create that genie however, please, please, please make sure to ask it to travel across the world and appear to "Vastness from Bluelight" in the most obvious, un-ignorable, over-the-top-supernatural apparition that it could possibly think of, and ask it to spend a little time with me performing some supernatural tricks and answering some questions just so I'll be able to convince myself that I haven't gone insane. Then please also ask it to do the same thing with at least a couple of the other more skeptical members - actually that said, let's just include everyone on Bluelight in these plans! It is a genie after all.

Last edited:
lots of ifs in that first post. big ifs.

is it possible? maybe.

i'll be very interested in an update when you are finally able to do this.

alasdair

The streetlight thing is a well known phenomenon - called coincidence. You notice it when it happens, but not when it doesn't, therefore the frequency appears to be significant. Unfortunately, It doesn't happen far more often than it does happen. If it happened everytime you walked under a streetlight, then that WOULD be significant. But it doesn't. You are NOT controlling the streetlights with your magic powers.

lots of ifs in that first post. big ifs.

is it possible? maybe.

i'll be very interested in an update when you are finally able to do this.

alasdair

This was really the first time it felt like a possibility, so I can't say for sure. Controlling my lucid dreams can be difficult, so it could be a while before I am able to have an opportunity again.

I'm cautiously optimistic though. In fact, I watched a program from the history channel I believe where a man who allegedly had the ability to influence the physical world with his mind was interviewed. They did a study of his brain and found that he had very high levels of gamma waves when he was using his abilities. Interestingly, a study found that gamma waves are higher in lucid dreams. So, perhaps. But who knows really.

It's part of human nature to look for the least difficult path to our tasks, I will ask you to pass me the salt vs getting up myself. In our dream space we have complete control since we are simply living out thoughts in our imagination.

The act of bringing things from our imagination into reality is what we do all day long, we use our hands our voices and any other means available to us. The computer tablet or phone you are using to read this was simply an imagined item less then 30 years ago but someone brought it out of their imagination into reality. It involves real work and a lot of it but the process all begins in imagination. Nothing in our created world that exists didn't start in our imagination at some point.

Because this is the norm we all wish to find a short cut. Today we are at 3d printers and some amazing creations, I don't thing the universal assembler is terribly far away but it may not work like you imagine unless you do the work to make it a reality. I could say it must fall in the parameters of reality which would rule out supernatural but perhaps it simply needs to fall in the parameters of full human agreement that it works. Perhaps airplanes fly magically but its only because we are all in agreement, aerodynamics make sense, so now they do.

Is it collective human will that drives reality forward? If we all agreed that something worked, would it?

Supernatural sounds nice but it doesn't appear in reality just in some people's imagination. I have witnessed moments that seemed much more than natural still they were. Honestly those moments that I really thought were amazing supernatural events turned out to be far more amazing but very natural.

We should never stop trying because our imagination is responsible for some powerful creations and ultimately our imagination as a species will drive us forward or lack of it will hold us back. Most of the human population has experienced flight while sleeping yet we still don't have anyone bringing this forward from their lucid dreams. It is still easier to ask me to pass the salt but when someone learns how to move it without their mouth and my hand I'll be all for it.