• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weird side effects

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I'm an avid psychedelic adventurer, but other than psyches, I rarely venture out. Yesterday I took approximately 200mg of MDMA (black party mask/bentley B) and hour post-350ug cid dose. I've done ecstasy quite a few times and understand the experience. I was already up on the L, and casually drifted into the candyflip. Little bit of weed, a few huffs of n2o. Good times.

Heres where things get weird. Somewhere between the 1-2 mark after dropping the E, my roomate and his girl comes into the house (I'm in my room at this point, door closed) and after being alone (my gf sleeping beside me, she rarely partakes) and soaking the experience in, the sound of them in my kitchen gave me extreme panic. I'm a tad bit anti social (especially when I need to hide the fact that I'm on a drug). So heres the weird part, while they were in the kitchen, and I gawking over the visuals/feelings I was getting while watching a show, I had an almost immediate feeling that I had to piss, like, from not feeling a damn thing to fire hydrant.

Not wanting to walk past my roomate whilst flipping, I got up and started to pace, hoping that with it being late at night they would finish up shortly and i could get relief. Long story short, they didnt. Ended up having to piss in a Pepsi bottle or I would have just pissed myself right there, pathetic.

Even more weird, that situation is over, and while my heart/head is still racing, at least I got SOME relief. I get back to my bed to lay down and this is where it went wonky. As soon as I laid down I was overcome with this extreme heat flash, it felt like my body was generating extreme heat in waves underneath my skin. I literally felt like I was overheating.

Immediately red flags started going off, I questioned myself: "is this normal? Do i need water? No, cant be; 3 hours in and I've drank three bottles of water. Am I dying?"

I remember my vision also became very wonky in a way I couldn't explain. I felt extremely detatched/alien. I truly thought i was dying due to the hyperthermia hitting so hard, thought I had fried myself. Ended up pacing around my room for fear that if I subdued to the. experience and fell asleep, that would be the end. I laid down, once again, by my girl and clutched her. She brought me back out of that terrible mind space after about 30 minutes or so. The the thought of me dying in the bed brought tears to my eyes. How could I be this big of a piece of shit? This girls going to wake up to your cold body next to her, all for what? A good time?

I drove myself mad thinking too deep into it, but as stated, I came to in about 30 minutes and sunk back in to the normal flip.

So what do you think guys? I'm sure someone's had a similar experience, panicked feeling, burning hyperthermia, extremely detached vision? My guess is a slight overdose, that was the first time I had chewed 200mg in a single go, I've done 350 in one night but spaced out. I figured the 200 just hit like a brick and it might possibly be something that happens when a big dose hits. What's you guys' thoughts on this?

Did you test either substance?

My first thought is that one or the other was not what it should have been. You may have inadvertently mixed two totally different substances.

Did you test either substance?

My first thought is that one or the other was not what it should have been. You may have inadvertently mixed two totally different substances.
Yes, I should've included that & thought I did. Erlichs and Marquis both were M and L. I know for sure my tabs dose but I'm going with the Beans' dose off heresay and estimation. My guys actually sells test kits for his stuff which is pretty cool, more people need to be like him :D

That's what I thought originally and even tested again the morning after to make sure there wasnt a false reading. Solid stuff.

Well, bad trips on MDMA are certainly not unheard of. Also, when you add LSD into the mix it really transforms into a new thing. And 350ug is a large LSD dose. The first time I combined the two, I took 200mg of MDMA and about what you took of LSD actually, same timeline too. I had a good time but I don't think I said a word all night. It didn't feel like MDMA, that's for sure. It felt like a mutated LSD trip, and I didn't feel like talking to anyone, though I also wasn't scared to.

Although I've never candyflipped, I'm well aware of the pitfalls of taking acid in an uncomfortable situation, such as that with your flatmates. As Shadowmeister said, you had substantial doses of both substances and it sounds like you just went on a bit of a downer for a while. It happens...

Possibly FUBAR, I was more or less worried about the heat flash sensation, it wasnt something normal. I understand I'm not as experienced with m and it could been a quick little spiral, but my normal L dose is 500-750ug and I've certainly had my fair share of challenging trips. This literally made me feel like something was wrong. While hydrated and all I just got hit with a massive heat wave and was sweating like never before, short of breath, and the whole vision thing was insane to the membrane. Literally thought if I would have fallen asleep I was a goner. Kinda made me freak, other than the episode everything else was amazing.
Going to see Rezz in a month, doing the same dose of L and going to dose .1 point then half of that at a time as needed. Less is more

Probably a combination of factors, unease combined with being super high and needing to pee (I always keep a bucket handy), think the roommate triggered an episode and the heat thing was probably completely subjective, although real enough in those terms.

well your body is working to maintain homeostasis.... while intoxicated your bp hr metabolism are are increased ... leading to an decrease in water retention i.e. wanting to rid itself of the drug .... normal ( i get it to ) .... also you have to think when you are already like this if you go from standing to laying down or vice versa you are increasing blood flow either top down or down top i.e. when you lay down you are pooling blood and jumping to your feet causes the blood flow to increase in the brain ... this can cause dizziness or loss of consciousness even if your not on drugs .... its physiology and shouldn't be to much cause for alarm .... try to stay calm the more you panic the more your body responds in different ways only making you think things are getting worse ..... this is in general ... of course it could be the opposite and a true medical emergency but its sounds to me like just normal functioning leading to overreaction

So I pretty much only take MDMA when im on LSD of varying doses, and sometimes the comeups can be REALLY intense/scary, its a given pretty much every time I come up on MDMA while on LSD I'm going to think I'm going to die for a brief period lol, I know that sounds morbid but it always happens. I get really hot, panicky, claustrophobic, shortness of breath, paranoid/delusional (one time I thought this guy who saw me looking distressed, who was just trying to give me a drink of water, was an undercover cop...), etc. this kinda builds and builds to the point where I feel I can't take it any longer and then POOF it all goes away in like a 5 minute window and the godly experience that is the candy flip begins. But yeah, I get really really hot too, not sweating, but like "oh fuck I'm overheating this is it im a goner".

I totally feel you on "why did I do this?!" sort of thoughts, I think this is caused by being in this calm, stable, reserved/stoic acid trip and being thrown into a more highly emotional state. The MDMA adds an intense emotional aspect to the trip which can make you fall for "head trip pitfalls" that you maybe wouldn't be swayed by normally. I remember someone mentioning on here that there is a "massive cortisol dump" when you come up on MDMA which triggers the fuck out of your fight or flight responses.

It's all worth it in the end though, I strongly believe a good candyflip is the pinnacle experience; I'm just in a perfect place where nothing would need to be added or taken away, its nirvana.

200mg is a lot, i've never taken more than 100mg before. LSD and MDMA are just two really powerful drugs, and when combined are probably quite physically safe but can be a real rough ride at first.

Last edited:
It wasn't an overdose. It was an anxiety attack. The heat rush was probably in response to the anxiety or adrenaline (anxiety often releases adrenaline).

It's not a weird side effect either, it's really common. Sounds like you just burdened your system too much and you paid a high price for it. Lower doses next time homie.

Thanks lionheart, next time I'll start at .1 and redose half that at a time as needed.

Hilopsilo, funny you get the same reactions as I, definitely sounds like the same thing. The heat waves only lasted maybe 5-10 minutes and I sat around in a crappy headspace for a short time after. Fell into a great roll that the 350ug complimented very well, even had some n2o later on in the night and wow was that 10x more amazing than just the already amazing n2o+L combo.

Story of my life, feels like I'm having a near death experience, a little over an hour later I'm trying to load balloons and whatnot. I thrive on the challenging experiences :D

But yeah, I get really really hot too, not sweating, but like "oh fuck I'm overheating this is it im a goner".
I feel this. Chances are it was probably the drugs, and it's quite hard to explain, but the way the heat felt was very.....not...normal. it felt as it was coming from the depths of my body and washed over me like the chills do, that creeping up your spine all the way to your head type feeling. But it came in wave after wave the whole time the little episode was playing out.

Like most said, it's probably a little anxiety getting to me (still happens to the best of us eh?), and the heat issue was probably just me being hot and the substances made it feel farfetched/not...normal ;)

Thanks though guys the inputs much appreciated. Better safe than sorry!

I'd even go as far as to say some of the fear from the MDMA come-up has to do with societal ideas/cultural ideas surrounding MDMA; that its this dangerous club drug and you'll drop dead (and I've literally seen people collapse on the middle of dancefloors from adulterated MDMA, you never forget those images), vulnerable on the come-up those back of your head thoughts can get to you.

Ah yes, candlyflip and balloons, likely one of the finer things in life;)