View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time 2C-B User Advice

Eleusis

Bluelighter
So as the title suggests I'm thinking of trying 2C-B for the first time. I'm totally inexperienced with hallucinogenic phenethylamines, but I've heard many good things about them from friends.

I am, however, reticent to try it, this being due to a recent experience with MDMA which led to a week long depression. What's more I've god-awful experiences with stimulants in the past, and I make it my mission to avoid comedowns and overstimulation like the plague.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Is 2C-B serotonergic?

2. How does the experience compare to MDMA (specifically the stimulation, euphoria, the comedown, and the after-effects)?

3. Is it possible I will experience any significant comedowns?

4. Is 2C-B generally well tolerated in healthy individuals?

I'd really appreciate any advice and help I could get from any experienced users out there. Thanks in advance

1. It's a serotenergic psychedelic, agonizing the receptors. Not a releaser or reeuptake inhibitor as far as I know.
2. Does not compare to MDMA at all imo. It a psychedelic with unique flavor, more akin to LSD or mushrooms.
3. I noticed no comedowns but it does seem to end abruptly like Mushroom's and unlike the graduel decline of Acid.
4. Tolerated pretty ok for a psychedelic I think less side effects as mushroom trips shorter duration as LSD. But it is possible to have an diffecult experience on it. Something MDMA typically won't do to a user.

Raising the dose from 10 to 15 mg really changed it from a humoristic cartoonesque to full blown psychedelic trip. But it ranks high in my memory.

Last edited:
1. It's a serotenergic psychedelic, agonizing the 5-HT2c receptor. Not a releaser or reeuptake inhibitor as far as I know.
2. Does not compare to MDMA at all imo. It a psychedelic with unique flavor, more akin to LSD or mushrooms.
3. I noticed no comedowns but it does seem to end abruptly like Mushroom's and unlike the graduel decline of Acid.
4. Tolerated pretty ok for a psychedelic I think less side effects as mushroom trips shorter duration as LSD. But it is possible to have an diffecult experience on it. Something MDMA typically won't do to a user.

Raising the dose from 10 to 15 mg really changed it from a humoristic cartoonesque to full blown psychedelic trip. But it ranks high in my memory.

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. So seeing as it's a serotonergic psychadelic, I'm liable to feel depressed and zapped after taking it, similar to MDMA, right? I've surmised from my experience with MDMA and serotonergic stimulants that I have pretty low natural levels of serotonin. I'm very prone to depressive moods as it is, so I wouldn't want to take something that would send me spiraling. Do you think it's a danger?

I've had experienced short periods of depression after taking psychs before, but I don't know if that's just due to the nature of experience, or due to the negative, lasting effects to my neurochemistry.

As it's a psych, I'm assuming set and setting are very important as well. I was thinking of doing it at home my SO to start. Would this be a decent setting for a first time user?

Last edited:
No, serotonergic psychedelics do not have a comedown like MDMA because they do not deplete your serotonin or any other neurotransmitters. In fact most people feel refreshed after a psychedelic (although if you've felt depressed after psychedelics before then it's possible). 2C-B is euphoric for a psychedelic but it's not forced euphoria like MDMA... you do need to pay attention to set and setting.

All psychedelics, pretty much, are serotonergic, in that they mimic serotonin by agonizing the serotonin receptors, primarily 5-HT2a. This is different from MDMA, which releases serotonin, causing much greater euphoria but depleting your serotonin which leaves you feeling down afterwards.

At home with your SO is a perfect setting. Have fun!

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. So seeing as it's a serotonergic psychadelic, I'm liable to feel depressed and zapped after taking it, similar to MDMA, right? I've surmised from my experience with MDMA and serotonergic stimulants that I have pretty low natural levels of serotonin. I'm very prone to depressive moods as it is, so I wouldn't want to take something that would send me spiraling. Do you think it's a danger?

MDMA is a serotonin releasing agent. 2C-B is a relatively selective serotonin receptor agonist. That's a pretty major difference.

It is entirely possible to feel thoroughly "spent" after a psychedelic experience, but it is different from MDMA which just causes your neurons to empty out its stores of serotonin.

No, serotonergic psychedelics do not have a comedown like MDMA because they do not deplete your serotonin or any other neurotransmitters. In fact most people feel refreshed after a psychedelic (although if you've felt depressed after psychedelics before then it's possible). 2C-B is euphoric for a psychedelic but it's not forced euphoria like MDMA... you do need to pay attention to set and setting.

All psychedelics, pretty much, are serotonergic, in that they mimic serotonin by agonizing the serotonin receptors, primarily 5-HT2a. This is different from MDMA, which releases serotonin, causing much greater euphoria but depleting your serotonin which leaves you feeling down afterwards.

At home with your SO is a perfect setting. Have fun!

Thanks Shadowmeister and Hodor, I didn't really understand the difference between the mechanisms of release and agonism.

Do you think it's worth writing up a trip report? I'd like to make it into a quasi science experiment :).

I really enjoyed 2c-b because it's euphoric and visually intense but not a draining experience like MDMA or LSD. Last I had 2c-b (14mg) I drove three hours before dropping, spent most of the trip hiking around, and then drove another three hours through the wilderness (which in itself is exhausting) right after the comedown. In terms of body/mind load, 2c-b can be surprisingly gentle

Thanks Shadowmeister and Hodor, I didn't really understand the difference between the mechanisms of release and agonism.

Do you think it's worth writing up a trip report? I'd like to make it into a quasi science experiment :).

It's always worth writing a trip report! I write them whenever I have noteworthy experiences or I'm trying something new/rare. It helps the community and it helps me to always be able to put myself sort of back in that place and remember.

I've done the stuff countless times.

1. as others have said, not serotonergic in a MDMA kinda way, but just like other psychedelics.
2. It's euphoric, but not in any way as intense as MDMA even in high doses. I find it to be similar to LSD but with less head high, its own flavor of visuals and shorter duration.
3. No more of a comedown than other psychedelics, although it can be hard to sleep after, make sure to drink water and eat some food as it wanes, I've gotten headache just because I was dehydrated, sleep deprived and hadn't eaten in a good while.
4. I'd say so, 2C-B is the only psychedelic my girlfriend is willing to do just because its so gentle on the mind. Not that it can't be trippy in the head, it definitely can, but it feels a bit more in control than say mushrooms or LSD.

The only time I tried 2c-B, I had been eating methbombs (MDA + meth most of the time, MDMA is sold by itself, they made it easy to know here, if it's a white pill, it's meth or MDA+meth) if it's colourful and a really good press, it's MDxx, solely, my reagent tests even proved that way back in 2010 when I was a bit too much into that stuff, not as bad as medically terminated treatment due to retirement opiate seeking and addiction...

I knew it was 2c-b since everyone called it Nexus...it's got its own nickname up here since it showed up in the 90's. The only 2c that was banned until that Lib a-hole (they're all a-holes) new Health Minister had Health Canada clamp down on almost anything phenethylamine, even moving Dexedrine and Adderal up a schedule so you can only get 3 refills max, even Vyvanse ffs), at least we still have mescaline analogues those are neat. Anyway, I was by myself when I took it and I found it very sexual for a psychedelic, I can see how it went well with the MDA that was likely still in me, I was dropping a couple pills of MDA/meth every couple days that summer, for a few months, I quit immediately when I wanted to so oral meth is not too bad, if you don't mind the length. I remember my computer and TV screen's colours being really vivid and then it felt like I was dizzy but only the visual effects, seems like the physical world was very wobbly with lights spinning around the screens. Then it suddenly ended, 3h30 or so, so I find it to be ideal for people who don't like lengthy psychedelic experiences, if you find low dosed lsd blotter to last too long at the 8h mark spinning around in your bed, well, 2c-B is the thing, plus it has that vibe that would fit well at a party or with your s/o, as I said, physical sensations are boosted a bunch by it. My second favourite 2c-x, 2c-E was the king, not for the faint hearted though, 20mg and 23mg is quite the difference when it comes to 2c-E, 2c-B, I hear the typical dose is 25mg in those black market pills (only 2c to be banned for a long time, 1994 for us) and way back in 1999-2000 I remember people taking 3 at once and being fine, I would not dare to imagine what 75mg of 2c-E would do, hah.