• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is the lingering smell of weed psychoactive (fumes coming from neighbour)

alasthope

Greenlighter
I used to smoke a LOT of weed. I didn't leave it on a really bad note, but I did notice that whenever I would smoke a little or be near someone smoking it I would get this horrible dark sort of mindset, where everything was sort of depressing and strange (hard to represent in text), but My system clearly didn't want it, not sure if I developed an allergy or not.

I have serious mental health issues (that aren't likely related to cannabis) and am VERY chemical sensitive. Where I live there is a stench of really strong weed in the corridor and the ways my flat is arranged makes it come into my flat, slowly seep in throught eh door, even with plenty of draft exlcluder tape. I hate the feeling I get from this and am convinced that it is changing the way my medication behaves. I feel undeniably different if I have so much as a wiff of weed.

My theory is that the air contains very small active particles and while it shouldn't be getting me high, it is activating parts of the brain that previously responded to cannabanoids? I get this horrible dark sort of cloud over me and I never feel like that unless I have inhaled weed, its quite intense.

I wouldn't bother posting if the feeling wasn't intense but it is and my mindset changes as does my background feeling and behaviour. It clearly affects me.

How long does THC remain active in the air? (Getting allergy from neighbours fumes)

I used to smoke a LOT of weed. I didn't leave it on a really bad note, but I did notice that whenever I would smoke a little or be near someone smoking it I would get this horrible dark sort of mindset, where everything was sort of depressing and strange (hard to represent in text), but My system clearly didn't want it, not sure if I developed an allergy or not.

I have serious mental health issues (that aren't likely related to cannabis) and am VERY chemical sensitive. Where I live there is a stench of really strong weed in the corridor and the ways my flat is arranged makes it come into my flat, slowly seep in throught eh door, even with plenty of draft exlcluder tape. I hate the feeling I get from this and am convinced that it is changing the way my medication behaves. I feel undeniably different if I have so much as a wiff of weed.

My theory is that the air contains very small active particles and while it shouldn't be getting me high, it is activating parts of the brain that previously responded to cannabanoids? I get this horrible dark sort of cloud over me and I never feel like that unless I have inhaled weed, its quite intense.

I wouldn't bother posting if the feeling wasn't intense but it is and my mindset changes as does my background feeling and behaviour. It clearly affects me.

No, you could have an allergy to very small amounts of particles (VERY rare though), but you're not getting intoxicated on any level from someone smoking any amount of weed 50+ feet away. It's psychosomatic.

No, you could have an allergy to very small amounts of particles (VERY rare though), but you're not getting intoxicated on any level from someone smoking any amount of weed 50+ feet away. It's psychosomatic.

For a start they are about 2 meters from my door, in an apartment with little ventilation. Secondly it doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me that inhaling a certain chemical, regardless of what it is, could activate certain pathways in your brain, especially if it has previous experience dealing with that chemical. Its causing a dramatic shift tin my outlook, reasoning and perception of stimuli. I have no reason to "convince" myself to feel that way, which would be the case with psychosomatic illness.

For a start they are about 2 meters from my door, in an apartment with little ventilation. Secondly it doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me that inhaling a certain chemical, regardless of what it is, could activate certain pathways in your brain, especially if it has previous experience dealing with that chemical. Its causing a dramatic shift tin my outlook, reasoning and perception of stimuli. I have no reason to "convince" myself to feel that way, which would be the case with psychosomatic illness.

No, you don’t have any reason to make yourself feel that way, but it could be placebo effect, learned effect, Pavlovian response to weed, all or none of these. Biological thresholds are likely to be far higher than what you are experiencing.

But you could be atypically hypersensitive and I’d certainly believe a response on your part on that point.

Tom

Cannabinoids have a pretty high boiling point and it takes quite a bit to vaporize and maintain it as a vapor. Definitely not going to be wafting cannabinoid vapors, even if there was something to vaporize large amounts of it(which wouldn't happen by accident), it would condense back to an oil at room temperature. It might travel a few feet away from the energy source if your lucky, but definitely not a few meters(and through building ventilation then back in to your house). Also, if it did, the vapor would be apparent, visible, and have a particular smell(assuming its vaporize cannabis).

Trichomes(particulate containing cannabinoids) are fairly big and dense compared to air and will not float or drift much if at all. And even if they did, very little of the thc would actually be active so you'd have to consume a lot. Also, if this was the case then everything around your house and inside your house would be coated with this particulate as well(which would actually be fairly valuable).

Much more likely to have second hand smoke from a joint waft over, which would have activated THC in it which could potentially get you high. But again, you would be able to visibly see the smoke and it would smell like smoke not weed. This is also highly unlikely when considering that hot smoke rises, so there would basically have to be a direct draft blowing smoke your way which would be pretty obvious as well.

And if somehow you were getting the active form of THC into your body, then you should be able to test for it with a drug screen like a home urine screen.

More than likely, you are just getting a sort of aromatherapy from the scent of the terpenes evaporating from whatever it is your neighbors have going on.

It is all in your head. Unless you are getting the actual smoke seeping in and not the smell, you are fine, and I mean actual smoke that you could see. Your body just does not agree with weed anymore and the mental health issues just make it that much worse and I am the same exact way. But I fully understand how annoying it is, I hate when people smoke around me and I know for sure I would go nuts if I had to constantly smell it in my house. You need to try to find out which room it is coming from and leave a note on the door and trust me they will stop unless you live in a legal state.

No man your good to go. Trust me you wont have an effect by just smelling it. They have done studies on this!! Google it :) much love

Hey let's discuss things without calling each other names, ok?

Thanks ;)