• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Heroin/Morphine oral dose why so different?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone has any theories why when you take morphine orally it leaves you sick as a dog while heroin orally is nice/really nice? Allegedly heroin is converted entirely to morphine by first pass metabolism so why the difference.

Reading a history of opium and it says heroin cough lozenges were considered "simply miraculous" for the common cold - and taking heroin orally is great for colds. Cough suppressant, clears the airways and obviously helps with the sore throat/pain.

The B/A of both, orally is about 20%so pretty low. Lozenges would be absorbed along the osphogaus, throat and mouth

maybe the H youve had is cut/mixed with extra stuff in it like benzos or fentanyl, just a thought

maybe the H youve had is cut/mixed with extra stuff in it like benzos or fentanyl, just a thought

While I may be wrong, I would say that the OP is comparing pharm grade products, in as much as they are probably referring to heroin tablets (10mg heroin / diamorphine hydrochloride tablets are available on the NHS) as opposed to street stuff.

Heroin is often used instead of morphine in medicine not only because of its increased efficacy but also due to its lower side effect profile (while it has the same side effects as standard morphine, they are considered as much less pronounced - particularly in relation to nausea and sickness which is less prevalent in heroin).

I dont recall the BA of h sublingually, but I've used both drugs that way & there's definitely a difference, so clearly some is absorbed. I use h solution nasally daily & some definitely drips down & that too feels very different from m. I've had both pure lab grade & street stuff. H & m are QUITE different in effects!