• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

Good CBD bud is just about the same as real bud. Given, most of it is very earthy. You don't find super fruity or light strains.

Depends on the strain, I grow a lot of high CBD strains and find there are some that are pretty tasty and others not so much. I think the tastiest ones I've tried were CBD OG, Cannatonic, CBD Skunk Haze, and Dancehall.

Lol if you're growing bad tasting high cbd weed, it's not the weed's fault...

Having experience with over 1000 different strains grown at top shelf I can honestly say that this comes down to opinion.

CBD strains do tend to have a more earthy taste as others have said, and I find that the drug itself taste like cherry. I like most of what I have tried but it's not for everyone.

The only strains that I avoid due to taste happen to be THC dominant, and has nothing to do with how well they are grown. Namely, anything with Cheese (I know, unpopular opinion) as well as grapefruit I stay away from because the taste is bad to me. Yes, I am a pot snob.

Lol if you're growing bad tasting high cbd weed, it's not the weed's fault...
have you ever grown your own cannabis? the variety definitely has an influence on the terpene profile hence the taste, as well as the flower structure.

in europe, when it comes to legal <0.3% thc cannabis, most of the approved cultivars are lacking in that regard, because they have been selected for industrial purposes (seed, fiber) and not for marijuana production.

I noticed last night I took about 600 mg of a tincture of CBD. It took my headache away and gave me somehat pleasant dreams.

I?ve suffered PTSD since 05. I?m really wanting to hear how well it works for y?all.

Jesus christ that sounds expensive. 600mg of cbd is anywhere from ??? generally, depending on your source. If you're paying a lot less than that it's probably not actually cbd

Last edited by a moderator:
??? It?s actually just 300 mg per dose but I took more. It seems tho I have to skip between days to have maximum effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a lot of good experiences with CBD, but if you find yourself questioning the quality I would avoid it. I've had CBD flowers that made me nauseous and were very unpleasant.

What concerns me is I was seeing a addiction doc last year for suboxone and I asked him about CBD and he said it?s just the next snake oil so that?s why I?m asking the question of how well does it help y?all.

He's right, in a way. People claim all this shit "CBD has been shown to treat cancer, cure depression, treat all kinds of mental illness, reduce inflammation, stop migraines, etc etc", the list goes on for miles. There's only a few things can actually say we know or are at least pretty sure CBD does.

(very) High doses treat anxiety and probably psychosis/anxiety caused by THC. CBD can treat some rare forms of epilepsy, I believe not many though. CBD seems to also help with sleep in high doses, but I can't speak for whether that's a placebo myself, I use flower so the terpenes might affect that.

I'm finding that it is pretty helpful for anxiety. I've tried a few different kinds of tinctures and what has worked for me is the ones that are full spectrum, and have the terpenes from the plant, not food based terpenes.

The thing is with there being no regulation on these products anyone could say anything is in them. There have been cases of companies putting melatonin, even synthetic cannabinoids in their products.
The going rule is do your research, the good companies do 3rd party lab testing on all their stuff so with each batch there is a serial number and you can verify what you are getting.

If you are looking to feel any sort of high,don't bother. But if you have legit anxiety you feel the difference, a general calmness, maybe even sleepy.

Also, they have wax, shatter, that is cbd so you can even dab if you wanted to.
Being ,stronger you will feel a stronger relaxness.
Also pure isolate etc. The list goes on and on.

It?s pure full spectrum tincture. My roommate actually has 750 mg per dose so actually I took about 1500 mg of CBD. I?m only getting 300 mg per dose.

just order some CBD isolate (crystal CBD) and vape it with an oil rig imho if you want to really do some!!

TheNetwork!! Lol! I saw on the bottle 10mg per 1Ml dose and I can?t stop laughing about you saying man that must be expensive.

I got my full spectrum tho. And I like it a lot.

Hell no. I swear by THC. CBD is a nice supplement but large amounts interfere with THC too much for me. CBD is great for benzodiazepine withdrawal, best thing about it to me.

Honestly I haven’t found it to be very useful. It’s great for my arthritis but that’s about it. However, I’ve only smoked CBD weed (~12% CBD) and it made me cranky for no reason. I can buy CBD oil; just don’t know what use I have for it.

OP; I’m taking a drug called prasozin (or prazosin) for ptsd. It’s pretty effective but it does lower your blood pressure.

Tom