• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can mania make being stoned feel like being on acid?

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
hello,
i dont know if this is the right section, if it's not lmk and i will move it!
i did acid twice in 3 weeks and now when im high (from weed) i feel like im on acid. but also i am manic. so i want to know if that could be causing it or if i really messed up my head.

In my experience weed has similar but much less potent and shorter lasting (but still intense in their own rite) psychedelic effects as acid. Weed on its own could cause one to exhibit manic behaviors, and due to the similarity between both as well as if you happen to have smoked weed during an acid trip to increase the intensity etc, it could definitely cause that similar potentially unpleasant (depending on your mindset, where you're at, the amount of weed smoked) type of feeling of loss of control. I wouldn't necessarily say that you've messed up your head - after all, LSD and cannabis are relatively benign drugs. However I would say you would definitely benefit from a short to long term break from weed until you have recovered from this type of exaggerated effect. If you ever want to smoke weed try it in smaller amounts and sort of gauge the effects before you smoke anymore - in my experience after extensive tripping on LSD and other psychedelics, weed becomes much more potent for a significant amount of time thereafter, especially if the trips you have been having have been especially reality-shaking.

when u just done acid or any trip smoking weed can make it feel like the trip again.

this is well documented after effect

What pofacedhoe noted is interesting, and is probably the answer.

FWIW, when i smoke weed when manic i calm down a lot. If anything it makes things way less intense.

No, mostly depressed. But yes, weed did induce hypomania in me, high-THC weed (forget the name).

i was concerned because i've been in the same situation before and this didn't happen. I also felt the weird weed effects weeks after i'd done the acid.
BUT: i learned that i was more manic than i thought/ having slight psychotic symptoms, so i have come to the conclusion that it's either just my mania or a combo but that i did not mess up my brain.

-----

sorry! i think i was unclear. the weird smoking things didnt happen until weeks after. for sure for like a week after tripping weed is a little funky but this was just a more intense and extended version of that. thank you for your response! i really appreciate it

Last edited by a moderator:
when ur manic weed wont calm you down, if anything it will excite you and rev you up big time.

plus acid is really for bad triggering mania

the long trip, the jangly electric magic, the inability to sleep at the end. it can switch gears other shit wouldn't (for example mescaline)

Last edited:
based on the fact that weed is widely reported to, at least some degree, to be anxiogenic, I would say it can most definitely trigger mania. I don't know by what mechanism it happens exactly, but this anxiogenic effect combined with decreased mental capacity(shortened memory, easily confused) makes the possibility of triggered a manic episode fairly high, especially when combined with external "triggers".