Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP morninggloryseed

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that our old friend morninggloryseed has passed away. I have seen an obituary to confirm it although I will not post it here in the interest of privacy.

Morninggloryseed had a long and illustrious career in our little scene. He was one of the earliest members and moderators at Bluelight. His Erowid reports inspired a generation, including myself. It is mostly due to my looking up to him that I joined this community in the first place, and started writing trip reports of my own.

Over time we became friends. Although we never met in person, we became close back in 2014, when he mentored me through an ibogaine flood dose, which ultimately saved my life. I loved him like a brother and I will always remember and thank him for that. From that point on we remained close. When he stopped posting a while back I knew in my heart that it was because he had passed away, and sadly, I can now confirm it.

RIP my friend and mentor. I hope you're at peace, wherever you are.

<3

This is horrible news :(

Your reports had inspired me to join this scene.
Forever you will be missed, what a tragedy.
A true pioneer in this community.

May he R.I.P.

I was hoping this wasn't so :(

RIP my friend and brother. A legendary figure of bluelight and broader psychedelic subculture who explored some far out stuff and reported back with love and humour.

Rest easy now mate <3

I looked it up and sadly it is true.

Rest in peace. :( I hope you are at peace with G-d.

Last edited:
As msg stated in a playful way, there was only of him. He was right tho.

I knew him as a fellow CE&P mod, but I know he reached a wide audience on here and Erowid.

Thanks for the camaraderie, morninggloryseed. RIP.

Just as a reminder, this forum is part of Bluelight, so our User Agreement remains in effect here. But also, this forum does have rules:

The Bluelight Shrine is a forum dedicated to paying respects to our fallen Bluelighters. New threads may be made within the Shrine, or threads may be moved from the original forum in which they were created to the shrine so that they threads will not be lost.

Replies to threads are allowed but must be of the context of paying respect to the person for which the thread was created. Disrespectful or disruptive posts will be removed immediately. Each thread here in the shrine is meant for people who were a part of Bluelight in one form or another, be it staff or contributor. Please be respectful to these Bluelighters as they are friends or family of other Bluelighters. Wherever possible, friends and/or family have been contacted for permission prior to the bluelighters inclusion in this memorial and many will be participating as we remember their loved ones.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding posts, threads, or other issues within the Shrine, please contact any member of the senior staff (Senior Moderators or Admins) via PM or report the post.

If you spot a troublesome user or post, please report the post by clicking the
report.gif
button, and a member of staff will take care of the situation as soon as possible.

Nobody is perfect. Some less so than others. This is not the place to hate on someone who has passed, regardless of what things they may or may not have done.

Last edited:
Man, I was looking through MGS trip reports and I read this:

A theme came out of the DOM experience. Patience. Before iboga, I was a patient person. I was content to wait till the end of time for anything, including the things I knew to be important to my own psycho and spiritual development. I was so patient that life literally became something I put on hold, as I exercised my patience towards my own self destructive tendencies.

Now I find I lack patience. Am I impatient because life is short, and I seemingly wasted so much of mine? I especially notice my lack of patience in the aspect of how I treat my friends. I know in life we all evolve at different rates, but post iboga I find myself trying to share the joys of healthy living, healthy eating, and healthy drugging, etc to everyone around me; frustration ensures when the knowledge I want to share is taken in by one ear and out the other.

So what to do next? Learn patience and move to the next level. I can’t wait to see where life will take me next.

I was never really close to him but this still breaks my heart . ..

Rip to a legend. He did a lot for our little community. He won't be forgotten

RIP MGS. Your posts were informative over the many many years.

Very sorry to hear this. I was lucky enough to meet him & though we didn't always see eye to eye there was always mutual respect. A true psychonaut who will be missed by many.

I have a few messages with this dude in my inbox. This is part of what he wrote me. We were talking about something other than death, but fits all the same

"Dont sweat it.....the system is a bitch but your free time is around the corner....focus your thoughts to freedom, this shall pass VERY soon.

I'm proud of you.

You have a good night my friend and savor the coming freedom."

Right back at you

I honestly only vaguely remember the time I was talking to him. Apparently we were just two lost and hurting people who still wanted to help others. When I wonder why I have made it so far and others didn't, I won't feel guilty. I will just remember their beauty and try harder to make us all proud.

Fucking fuck man. I can't believe I didn't see this! I had hoped be was just on one of his posting breaks but as with anyone who has gone down the darker rabbit holes of drug abuse the silence was always a blaringly loud one filled with anxiety. MGS your reports on psychedelics were some of the earliest I read. Without you and others I would bolt have started on a journey of healing ressurection and continued down a dark path as a beaten and broken man. I will forever be thankful for that. I'll never forget the times I was in an absurdly dark place and you talked to me wisely and humanely but also from a place of true understanding having been there before. I love you brother and will eternally miss you, RIP,!<3

Such a loss... I recall when I was first frequenting BL, he posted some music of his. I found it very groovy and told him how much I liked it. He was an incredibly humble guy, and I'll miss his presence here.

Rest in peace, friend.

Terrible news. Hearing about someone on bluelight passing away, even if I never knew them well and had only seem them here and there always leaves me feeling at a loss for words.

The tragedy of so many dying so long before their time is hard to contemplate.

Rest in peace morningglorgseed. And my sincerest apologies to everyone affected by this. :(

Take care everyone.

After interacting with him here for a few years, Michael and I became good friends off-site. No wonder I didn't hear from him for so long... I'm speechless.

As Solipsis once told me elsewhere, "He's a large one." He'll be missed.

so sorry he will not be around to continue his great work and help!!
I have started reading his posts, Not really my DOC but I sure can identife with the feelings of addiction
RIP Gods speed
God does Not TAKE us from this world
He ( or Her) RECEIVES us in to his LOVING ARMS