• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thinking of trying kratom

Let?s not forget that the average half life of mitragynine is f***ing 23 hours!!

After dozing for even as little as 5 - 7 days in a row, I get pretty uncomfortable withdrawals that mostly consist of extreme fatigue and malaise.

Also, just like with cannabis, different strains have massively different effects. Meang da is the ultimate daytime Kratom, but shit for sedation. Red strains are my favorite - much more chill.

I tried Vietnamese Kratom for the first time for my back pain. It did not help at all and gave me a terrible headache and I felt terrible all over. I took a whole teaspoon 3 days ago. I just tried 1/2 teaspoon 30 minutes ago along with aspirin. I hope it works. I'm really trying to get off or cut down on my oxycodone. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Two hours later. Nauseous and shaky and no pain relief. No headaches because I took aspirin with it this time. I also took Pepto Bismal but it still made me sick at my stomach. I guess kratom, unfortunately, is not for me, unless maybe a different kind of kratom may work. Any suggestions?

Four hours later. Still shaky. Blood pressure high. Chest tight and feel like throat is closing, and depression setting in. No more kratom for me.

FWIW, I'm 65, and after my bad experience, would advise anyone my age or older, to start kratom with very small doses.
I'll bet my last leaf that I could guess the vendor who sold you that death-bag. I've bought from a handful, and only one was a sickening product! If you had PM capability I would confer w/ you.

Let?s not forget that the average half life of mitragynine is f***ing 23 hours!!
IME it is more like 7 hours

The 2 brands I use are organic and haven't had any issues. I wonder if some of the bad experiences are from contaminants in the product from less than trustworthy vendors?

I use to take 5.5mg like 8 times daily without any issues. Bloodwork, CT scans, etc. etc. all came back perfectly normal. When I used it that much, it never rose my tolerance a bit. For some reason, kratom for me has a REALLY SHORT life span. For some people, it can last hoursss. Ill be lucky to get 45 minutes. I had to take it several times a day for my back pain because I got off hydrocodone/heroin.