• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health I'm hearing voices. (Need advice on risperidone)

Zeiton

Bluelighter
Also i see people trying to get into my house. I hear them telling me i'm a terrible person, insulting me, sometimes it's my mom crying bc i use drugs.
This started happening to me after a couple of months of daily cocaine use. There was one day when i binged hard (7g) and halfway through i start hearing people talking shit about me in my backyard. I even saw them through the blinds. From that day on i kept using and as soon as i get high the voices and noises and shadows come back.
My doc told me to take risperidone 0.25 twice a day ( thats like the lowest starting dose ). Every person i know that takes risperidone has gotten fat and has no sex drive, or can't get an erection.
Can anyone who has taken the drug give me a piece of advice? I was thinking that maybe a benzo could be better in this case but i'm not a doctor.

Sorry mate, the type of drug that's needed in this instance is antipsychotic.

I was on seroquel for a couple years and did not gain weight, clozaril you deffo gain weight, not sure about others.

Forget the weight issue, that happens over the course of time.

You simply just have to get by on a daily basis.

You should not be having the visuals or audio as bad after a few days.

Go back to your doctor, you have to keep in contact and tell him, I'm surprised you are not in an inpatient setting.

I was put on 200mg seroquel plus lorazepam plus effexor and diazepam then weaned off gradually.

Starting at minimum dose is not the best way sometimes, you probably need higher dose mate.

Are you still using cocaine daily? Do you hear voices, etc, if you don't do cocaine? I wonder if you're just having a psychotic reaction because of heavy cocaine use. Also, does your doc know about the cocaine and the amount/frequency?

It's the coke man. If you stop the voices will likely go away

I'm on risperidone for similar symptoms (no cocaine use though). Risperidone works wonders for me but doesn't work when I'm stressed out so I have to stay stress free. I was on 3mg but doc reduced me to 2mg because I was complaining about extreme negative thinking most days upon waking up.

Also yes it makes you fat or unable to lose weight. Basically I think its because it makes you feel less good kinda potently when you take it at night so in my case my only option to feel better is to fill my stomach. Right now I eat cereal. (also I think it has a negative effect on metabolism)

For you I think you should definitely get off of the cocaine permanently as it is obvious that its causing your mental illness to get worse. Also try asking for a 1mg - 2mg dose as .25mg will do nothing except get you in the routine of taking pills and kinda get you used to it kicking in. Taking risperidone and coke at the same time would have a negative impact on you high I would think so it wouldn't be worth it to take coke on risperidone but hey maybe you will try that and let us know. Again you should try getting on a larger dose to get actual help.

Also i see people trying to get into my house. I hear them telling me i'm a terrible person, insulting me, sometimes it's my mom crying bc i use drugs.
This started happening to me after a couple of months of daily cocaine use. There was one day when i binged hard (7g) and halfway through i start hearing people talking shit about me in my backyard. I even saw them through the blinds. From that day on i kept using and as soon as i get high the voices and noises and shadows come back.
My doc told me to take risperidone 0.25 twice a day ( thats like the lowest starting dose ). Every person i know that takes risperidone has gotten fat and has no sex drive, or can't get an erection.
Can anyone who has taken the drug give me a piece of advice? I was thinking that maybe a benzo could be better in this case but i'm not a doctor.
Your brain is leaking thoughts into your conscious mind, you need to take that rather seriously and get it sorted out.

Think of this like your driving down the freeway and flames and smoke are pouring out from under the bonnet.

Continuing to drive would be very foolish and trying to put it out with a water pistol instead of the fire extinguisher is probably not wise either.

From what I've seen, anti-psychotics and their side effects aren't as terrible as I thought they were, and the benefits were greater than I expected. What you want is to avoid a situation where you have to go on them for years or permanently, due to a half backed attitude and approach to your situation today.

I'm on risperidone for similar symptoms (no cocaine use though). Risperidone works wonders for me but doesn't work when I'm stressed out so I have to stay stress free. I was on 3mg but doc reduced me to 2mg because I was complaining about extreme negative thinking most days upon waking up.

Also yes it makes you fat or unable to lose weight. Basically I think its because it makes you feel less good kinda potently when you take it at night so in my case my only option to feel better is to fill my stomach. Right now I eat cereal. (also I think it has a negative effect on metabolism)

For you I think you should definitely get off of the cocaine permanently as it is obvious that its causing your mental illness to get worse. Also try asking for a 1mg - 2mg dose as .25mg will do nothing except get you in the routine of taking pills and kinda get you used to it kicking in. Taking risperidone and coke at the same time would have a negative impact on you high I would think so it wouldn't be worth it to take coke on risperidone but hey maybe you will try that and let us know. Again you should try getting on a larger dose to get actual help.
Can you still get high when on risperdal.

Definitely the coke man, I had a full blown psychotic break binging on the stuff, I’m talking seeing aliens and demons, thinking my family was plotting to kill me. Anti-psychotic worked wonders for getting me out of the psychotic/delusional state. Try and stay off the stuff for a while and if you do decide to use keep it at low doses and make sure your getting enough rest.
Does Risperdal make you feel euphoric or happy??. I'm looking forward to taking Risperdal or Zyprexa . I'm currently taking Invega injection which is dog shit! Don't feel anything and still anxious as fuck still have behavior problems and still manic depression has not gone away. I don't hear voices or see things but I'm delusional and believe I am going to rise to power like Hitler did , so they diagnosed me with being psychotic with schizo-effective disorder.

Well everyone reacts differently to certain drugs, in my experience Resperidone turned me in to a zombie for about a month till I adjusted too it. (Made me extremely tired, robotic, anti-social) But once that went away it worked for a very short amount of time and I had to switch to Olanzapine. It makes it so you don’t feel anything, which I didn’t mind because my brain was always in overdrive and never shut up. It stopped the obsessive/intrusive thoughts, the paranoia but like I said only for a short amount of time.
I heard Zyprexa can sometimes make you feel euphoric. Isn't Olanzapine and Zyprexa the same thing?.
I took Risperdal once and it made feel dizzy drunk like I took 20 vodka shots. I kind of want that feeling back .

The cocaine use is over-arcing the energy in your brain that would be better served for regimented daily routine stuff. Continued use is likely to trigger a full-blown psychosis that could result in schizophrenia and there are very few schizophrenics who go on to live normal lives.

Ok...from my own experience I say its the coke. After a few months of daily... I was convinced people were in my basement. I could hear them talking.I put my ear to the cold air return and sure enough the voices got louder. I'm sure I looked like some crazy woman .One part of my brain knew it was coke related.I was telling myself out loud "its not real" but you know I WAS HEARING IT...so I grabbed a 38 and went slinking downstairs thinking I was going to have to shoot someone. I can tell you over the next few weeks things got progressively worse and I'm lucky I didn't hurt someone.