• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Epilepsy/Seizures and MDMA

Swim15

Bluelighter
So Ive searched for a much as I could find on this topic but wanted to try and dig up some more info and anecdotal reports as a girl Im seeing has been interested in rolling but also has epilepsy.

She currently has her seizures controlled on keppra and zonisamide. I know MDMA wont interact with those medications per se and seizure risk seems to be somewhat individual but was wondering if anyone with epilepsy has taken MDMA can comment on their experiences?

Mostly want to be able to gather a rough estimate of risk for a low dose such as 100mg and then let her make the call.

*As a side note, if she does try it, I?ll have some sort of medication such as an injectible benzodiazepine on hand for IV administration in the event of a seizure.

MDMA can cause seizures, especially when hyperthermia and electrolyte imbalances are present, if you are doing this on a quiet and controlled setting with a cool temperature, the risk should be low but not non existant, I would recommend Midazolam if you can get it or Diazepam for IV use in case seizures occurr, but I think this would be unlikely with a low dosage, hydration and temperature control.

Bump for any more info regarding epilepsy and preferably anyone who has epilepsy with MDMA experience

I can only provide an anecdotal experience, but a friend has epilepsy (I think he generally has/had absence seizures but quite severe; he would go missing and be found wondering around outside confused in his pyjamas and stuff). His epilepsy has been under control for a number of years, and he is a pretty regular MDMA user in his early twenties, and has been for a number of years... probably averaging 130-500mg's every month or two I'd say. He has never had any type of seizure under the influence of MDMA, or felt close (I've asked him). He hasn't had a seizure in a number of years.

The problem with searching this forum is that a lot of the queries regarding supposed seizures actually just seem to be people taking too much MDMA and going into a a bit of a pill hole (for want of a better term). For some reason it can be considered uncommon in certain cultures, or just with people new to the substance, and they consider the body squirming, nystagmus and bruxism to be a seizure when it (likely) isn't.

Tranced - thanks man! Exactly what I was looking for, appreciate it. Trying to get as many first hand or direct second hand as possible.

I figured as much in terms of MDMA causing seizures (obviously abuse has a higher risk which I think most would agree on with stims like that in general depending on extent). Also why Im interested in looking at experiences of people with epilepsy who have actually taken it. So far it seems like a negligible risk with low dose and monitored environment

So I have been doing molly for a while now at raves, would roll every time I went to one and only had good times, but 9 days ago I had a seizure (sober, after I woke up on a regular day) [partial seizure] and I'm going to a rave tonight. Do you think I'll be okay to roll on a small amount, like a point or even just a half? Or even some acid or something. It's fine if I have to go sober but rolling would be nice as it's so cool. My CT scan came back normal and I'm awaiting eeg results, and I feel somewhat normal, just things are different after that seizure. I have a feeling it was a pseudoseizure as I have been going through a lot and I dont manage stress well. Any advice would be great,
Thanks

My best friend in crime has epilepsy and we have taken mdma many times over years.
Planning accordingly to manage post dropping mdma rest requirements and ensuring general feel good prior are key.

Never seen mdma have any impact around using mdma, only life issues implicating regarding epilepsy and mdma use