• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and it's uncomfortable effects, how to help it?

Blazeit

Greenlighter
I have been a user for 2 years... But it's affecting me different the past few months.. It may just be my anxiety but i wanna describe what I feel when I use and how to help it, I know I need to stop, I have reduced a lot and don't ask me why I still do it.

I get a small pain in the left side of my chest. It's not like bad, more annoying. And I'll get what my doctor called PVC. Shortness of breath etc. My anxiety has definitely gotten worse over the years, and I'm 21 if that matters. Im really hoping it's just the anxiety. I take clonidine twice daily and a regular dose aspirin if I feel I need it btw.

I've done research, I can't find much on how to be as safe as possible doing this and none of my friends go through it. Idk.

Thank you I'll check those out in a bit. I used to be able to handle anything. Might be a wake-up call.

Truthfully, the use of stimulants like (Meth)Amphetamine is just very hard on your body. Insomnia, dehydration and malnutrition tend to slowly chip away at your general health until the experience is more or less defined by the negative side-effects. The most obvious treatment that a stimulant user will reach for is a sedative of some kind. Benzodiazepines are popular and they work like a charm. The problem is that they too are highly addictive, especially when you start developing the yin-yang compulsion of Uppers-> Downers. Alcohol is used for the same reason. I absolutely advise against the Alcohol. It will only further wreck your body.

The problem is that these solutions are actually just clouding your stimuli and not actually making you "better" per se. You recover fully from stimulants when they wear off and you're able to eat, sleep and hydrate normally. Attempting to do all of these things while still under the influence of the drug is just an exercise in futility.

Truthfully, the use of stimulants like (Meth)Amphetamine is just very hard on your body. Insomnia, dehydration and malnutrition tend to slowly chip away at your general health until the experience is more or less defined by the negative side-effects. The most obvious treatment that a stimulant user will reach for is a sedative of some kind. Benzodiazepines are popular and they work like a charm. The problem is that they too are highly addictive, especially when you start developing the yin-yang compulsion of Uppers-> Downers. Alcohol is used for the same reason. I absolutely advise against the Alcohol. It will only further wreck your body.

The problem is that these solutions are actually just clouding your stimuli and not actually making you "better" per se. You recover fully from stimulants when they wear off and you're able to eat, sleep and hydrate normally. Attempting to do all of these things while still under the influence of the drug is just an exercise in futility.

Very good point. I'm kinda confused though because for the past few months I guess my tolerance is so high that I can easily eat, I stay hydrated and usually I can fall right to sleep after a few hours but I still feel that crappy way even 48 hours after.. But it wasn't always like that so im sure that plays a factor . I also have known blood pressure issues before I started along with the anxiety. Probably not the best drug of choice for my body of course. I'm trying my best to win the fight but easier said than done haha.. thank you guys for replying

There's an awesome mineral supplement made by Trace Minerals, in a big cobalt blue bottle...I get it on amazon, they're huge tablets from the Salt Lake in Utah & are high in potassium (highest potassium content of any OTC supp in the US, which will help PVC & muscle issues generally) & magnesium among other things. I'd start with 1-2 tabs daily & see how you feel; I would take 3-6 when running long distance to prevent nasty muscle spasms & improve endurance/heat tolerance. For whatever unknown reason I'm often mildly potassium deficient & it really is unpleasant but I never realised how much it affected me until I found that supp. It was like a miracle for me in so many ways.

Also drink lots of water bc stims are very drying & amphetamines overheat the brain easily if you're not well hydrated - but the mineral tabs will help hydrate you, as most water doesn't have the right balance of minerals to optimally hydrate. Eat well, especially lots of protein, ideally from organic grassfed fatty beef/lamb, fullfat dairy is next best, & eat lots of butter - fatty lamb, butter, & raw fermented dairy are the true superfoods. But ultimately it's unsustainable - meth is truly one of the most toxic drugs. Just using it 1-2x a month for a year gave me cavities when before I'd perfect teeth. It's possible it also caused a minor heart murmur, but that could have been due to a severe strep infection after I'd stopped using it. So take care of your teeth & chew xylitol gum to keep your saliva glands going. No aspartame gum; that shit is toxic.

If you're having trouble with quitting, consider switching over to Adderall or Dex, which are less fun & less toxic, & thus may help you taper, in a sense. I would love to use meth regularly or even irregularly - but it's just not worth it. I say this as someone who has tried 40+ street drugs/research chems & many Rx & OTC, supps etc. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
I've been going down that road as well of late, and it scares me. God help me if my beautiful Mormon family found out...

There's always opportunity to take a step back, reanalyze a situation, and make adjustments. Maybe not even drastic ones, at first.

The fact that you understand it's a problem is step number one. And i'm not going to be a counselor, but, just.. baby steps.

If you don’t like it don’t take it. There’s a lot of different drugs and life experiences out there.

I'm kinda confused though because for the past few months I guess my tolerance is so high that I can easily eat, I stay hydrated and usually I can fall right to sleep after a few hours but I still feel that crappy way even 48 hours after.

I'd like to point out that just because your tolerance has gotten high doesn't necessarily mean the negative side effects are also reduced. As a matter of fact, your tolerance getting high is a negative side effect. Meth royally screws with your dopamine system, and having a hefty tolerance mean that your own dopamine will also be less effective. Now I'm no neuroscientist, but I know of it's importance in many of the bodies vital functions. If you're at all able to, I'd urge you to take a break from it for a prolonged time, to see how you feel and if your chest and anxiety start to ease up.

I suffer from social anxiety. I just got released from prison and living in unfamiliar neighborhood now. Traveling home on the bus I had a serious nervous breakdown. Never experienced anything like it. Felt like everyone was looking at me. Didnt help my eyes were flying saucers. (1st use in 4 years) I'm 6'3 with bleached blond hair and traveling public transportation in all black neighborhoods on the Southside, Chicago. Idk man. The anxiety outweighed the euphoria, wont use agin with out benzos. Any advice would be helpful cuz I dont really mess with downers....?

Ok, I know a lot about pvc?s and arrythmias because I ran into some serious heart problems from loperamide addiction.

A pvc does not have a feeling and cannot be detected without a heart monitor and or a trained physician.

That being said, there?s a million things the pain can be coming from. And meth is likely not the cause but probably an exacerbating factor.

To my knowledge, meth does not directly cause abnormal heart rythems. However, it?s effects (eg sweating) could lead to electrolyte imbalance.

I have been a user for 2 years... But it's affecting me different the past few months.. It may just be my anxiety but i wanna describe what I feel when I use and how to help it, I know I need to stop, I have reduced a lot and don't ask me why I still do it.

I get a small pain in the left side of my chest. It's not like bad, more annoying. And I'll get what my doctor called PVC. Shortness of breath etc. My anxiety has definitely gotten worse over the years, and I'm 21 if that matters. Im really hoping it's just the anxiety. I take clonidine twice daily and a regular dose aspirin if I feel I need it btw.

I've done research, I can't find much on how to be as safe as possible doing this and none of my friends go through it. Idk.

Dose? ROA?

I'm guessing you're using way too much.

I hate getting to that plateau point where even a monster shot does nothing other than maybe some head tingles. I've been there once or twice and it is just miserable beause the euphoria has worn off and your just stuck in that anxious state and can't get high. I tend to use every 2-3 weeks and I try not to binge or do too much. I go crazy sometimes with hallucinating and all that even when I do a little dope sometimes. Not as bad as I use to but still, the paranoia is always awful for me no matter what.