• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

It is the darkest & loneliest place-withdrawal

You sound like you've got a really good mindset. When I finally quit opiates for good and withdrew the last time, I had lingering RLS (and isn't RLS in the arms THE WORST?? Oh my god it's pure torture) for a few weeks, even slightly for probably fully a month. But my mindset had changed, to "well, at least it's way better, at least I know I'm not on opiates anymore, at least I'm free, this is fucking awesome, who cares if I have a couple more weeks of this?" And then it went away and I've never felt it again. :)

it is so difficult and you sure do have to be strong.

when i think i am okay and feel a little better it comes back at me with a vengence.

everyday i still struggle
have to fight back from the stomach aches
need help getting food down and need diet coke, one can help sometimes or three
but i never drink them all everytime.
leg cramps, cramps in general and a big painful cramp in my stomach one time and couldnt stand up straight.
and the big horrible struggle trying to sleep through a night.

i am going to try some lemon drop edibles right now. they seeem to be helping also,
and hopefully will postpone my xanax buzz even longer.

it is too soon to even worry about getting addicted yet to the benzo. i cant even adjust to not having any pain medication yet.

there is no way to get any one to write scripts here anymore. i know i have some codiene put away somewhere that would help with the urgency of ween but i am too sick to find it. i need help, for sure !!

STAY STRONG !

You sound like you've got a really good mindset. When I finally quit opiates for good and withdrew the last time, I had lingering RLS (and isn't RLS in the arms THE WORST?? Oh my god it's pure torture) for a few weeks, even slightly for probably fully a month. But my mindset had changed, to "well, at least it's way better, at least I know I'm not on opiates anymore, at least I'm free, this is fucking awesome, who cares if I have a couple more weeks of this?" And then it went away and I've never felt it again. :)

I have been on pain medication for such a long time, I know my pain is never going to go away for a long long long longgg time.

sometimes i am too terrified of this to even feel sad or angered.
just one second to the next. i have some stregnth to functon sometimes
but i go down real fast. need relief and benzos.

I guess it ain't the same for everyone, but the first time I quited, after the first couple of days I started eating and working out like crazy,and ended up barely feeling the wd.
For whatever the reason it only worked the first time, since that I didn't feel like working out or eating at all during my wds, but I hope it can work for you.

Last edited:
In my experience, every time you go through withdrawal, the next time it is worse. The first time I withdrew just lasted a few days and wasn't too hard. By the time I'd done it like 30 times it was the worst feeling in the entire world, so horrible.

I went through years of taking my opiate (just hydro) as prescribed Only. only rarely did i take a few extras and found out through personal experience it was too much for me. A couple times i took more doses and some of the times i would even take less as prescribed so i was taking as needed and Rarely going over the prescribed amount. This went on for many years, to keep in mind.

Then one day i decided to quit CT just to prove to myself that I Could. I did it for six weeks, nothing, no opes. Then thats when i went running for xanax eventhough i had some on hand.

This time i am using the help of alprazolam. It feels so much more helpful that way.
I miss the mobility and freedom of having strenth to move around like that.

Well, Hopefully i will be able to get my movement and strenth back on my own somehow. But somehow the second ween would have been impossible without the xanax. And it is true as someone here on forum has said, i should have tapered slower. The slower taper seems helpful with me but i jumped quick and now am at day 25 now.

It does seem true that each time quitting gets more harsher.

I just don't have it in me to try the H. its all the junk that they mix in it that
makes it all the worse. Its bad enough that there is acidamediphin in hydro's
but yes the brain and body does get used to its own comfort, i feel, which makes
it all the more difficult always.

edit : i chose to take an opiate to help withmy strength and to feel better,
just sayin we must stay strong okay.

another edit : for me it seems to get worse as the days go on. day 25 and the waves come in with a vengeance. sometimes i am fine and then sometimes i won't be. th9e nausea and all. its a sad time.

3rd. lol weed helps ☺

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this thread!!

Hey Jesca and Hylight! How are you both doing? Hope you're both through the worst and hanging in there.

If you haven't already, come over to Sober Living. Ps- you don't have to be sober to post on sober living. Having the desire to stop is enough. We're there to support you! Sending you both love wherever you are. ❤️