• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

2 more weeks on .25mgs clonazepam then nothing?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
My doctor has gotten me down to .25mgs of clonazepam and I've been on that dose for two weeks. Only got a few days less than two more weeks on it before she takes me totally off. Should this be ok? Only other drug I'm currently taking is 60mgs of propranolol for tremors. I swear if I'm able to be I'm done with fucking doctors therapists and the like. Fuckers got me addicted to xanax for the better part of 7 years in the first place and now I'm loosing my fucking clonazepam. :X

Last edited:
Whatsup nutty. Been on a Kpin taper since detox from Fentanyl 3 1/2 months ago. I used Xanax on and off for 16 years for severe anxiety and depersonalization episodes. After detox I went into an outpatient program where the Klonopin was tapered from 1.5, then 1, and finally .5 mgs a day. I didn't really have any issues with this taper until the tail end of the .5 mgs, which is practially a nothing dose, especially when a therapeutic dose of Xanax for me, for years, was between 1 and 2 mgs a day, depending on the day.

Anyway, I was all set to be completely off of it, but I got hit with decent wd symptoms that kept me in my room for 4 days. Not the end of the world, but worse than I was expecting. Went to the outpatient psych follow up appt. and was just honest with him about everything, and he continued the .5mg for a month and left it at a "let's see how you are in a month."

I know the feeling of wanting to be done with these doctors and scripts and shit. It's a fucking nightmare. .25 kpin is the lowest of the low, so you shouldn't be in for too rough of a time, but definitely prepare yourself so you're not caught off guard like I was, just in case.

Also, don't let these fuckers act as despots over your life. Since you're not abusing them, what's the harm in getting a refill and seeing how it goes taking them every other day or as needed? An extra month to not lose your mind is nothing in the grand scheme. GL

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately both my dr and the psychiatrist she referred me to are set on me not being on benzos. My only chance would be to find another doctor or psychiatrist, but being on welfare insurance severely limits who would take me to say nothing if they'd even prescribe any benzo either. This whole benzo and opiate hysteria in the U.S. is bullshit and just makes the people who actually need an anxiety or pain medication suffer.

Yea I've been there too many times. Fucking doctors can really suck. And yes it's hysteria. It's obvious how bad the drug problem has gotten since the tighter regulations. Causation much?
Anyway, I suggest getting some 5 or 10 mg melatonin. Should be able to deal without it, but should help you sleep. Helps me level off a little during the day too. Who knows, maybe you'll be glad you're off of it after a week. If not check out other dr options. It's always a run around with this bs.
Later

I don't see why you couldn't get the taper extended a week or two if need be. But your right most doctors don't do ling term benzo scripts anymore. Then again some do. It's unfortunate money and class considerations play such a big role in who gets what.

I think I'm gonna get some kratom this month and see if that helps any with anxiety. I really don't want to take an ssri.

Be careful you don't dig a deeper hole. Kratom has physical withdrawal and I personally think it's days of being legal are numbered.

I hear ya, but I've been addicted to benzos daily for probably at least 8 years and drinking for the better part of my whole life. I'm pretty much used to being depressed but my anxiety is just too bad completely sober. My family already has control of my ssi check so I'm only able to drink sporadically and now that I'm losing my script I'll probably find any way necessary to try to curb my anxiety and feel slightly better living in this shit hole world. At least when I had xanax or clonazepam on hand it usually didn't matter AS much when I wasn't able to drink, but now I won't even have that.

Last edited:
Sup guise, just an update... Was relatively easy to come off the clonazepam. Of course anxiety and irritability are back, but I didn't really suffer any horrible withdrawals. I'm currently on 80mgs of propranolol and would probably be a bit worse off if it weren't for that and kratom. I've managed so far to not increase my dose any more but I am at 10 grams which I guess is a bit high. Other than that I've been sober for most of last month although not entirely by choice. I would still take probably 1mg of clonazepam daily but I don't have any choice.