Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-T-7 - "Golden Mescaline"

cj187

Bluelighter
Trial #0.5 - ? mg intranasal

I finally had some of what I believed to be 2C-T-7. I wanted to see what it smelled like. I sniffed it, and observed a faint sulfurous smell. I took a few more big whiffs, then realized that I had breathed too hard and scattered it all over the place. Could I have inhaled some of it? I know that it's supposed to be painful to snort, and I didn't notice any immediate burning in my nose, so I decided I probably hadn't.

Not too long after, I noticed that there was a slight burning in my nose, thought it was subtle enough that I wasn't sure if it was from the 2C-T-7. I also noticed that I felt some slight mental alteration and some mild stimulation. It never got very strong, and very well could have been my imagination.

Trial #1 - 10 mg oral

I tend to be pretty sensitive to most substances, so I took only 10mg, knowing that that's a strong dose for some people. I was unsure whether anything would happen at all though, as I had not tested the material to confirm it actually was pure 2C-T-7. After 20 minutes I began to notice some signs that it was taking effect. As the effects became more noticeable, I looked in the mirror to see if my pupils were big. They looked normal, maybe even smaller than normal.

I noticed that I felt similar to how I felt the times I've taken mescaline cacti. The headspace and the color alteration reminded me of it. My face in the mirror looked how faces look on mescaline. There was a mescaline-like subtlety to everything I was feeling. In fact, it was so subtle that I wasn't sure anything was happening at all. I felt a tinge of nausea, but thought maybe it was something I ate. Over the next 8 hours or so, I went back and forth between thinking I was definitely tripping and thinking it was all placebo. There was a faint golden glowing aura everywhere, and colors, especially reds, seemed enhanced, yet I thought perhaps everything was still extra colorful as a result of the afterglow from a powerful acid trip I had 5 days previously.

Trial #1.5 - ? mg ocular

I was evaporating a solution of 2C-T-7 in isopropanol using a blow dryer. I hadn't bothered to put goggles on. Suddenly, a drop blew out of the dish and went directly into my eye. As one might guess, getting 2C-T-7 and alcohol in your eye does not feel good. The worst of the pain didn't last too long, though my eye didn't feel right for hours.

After a short time, I felt the same mild effects that I felt before. Still, I wasn't sure if it was actually doing anything or if it was all in my head.

Trial #2 - 20 mg oral

I knew that 20mg should be enough to trip if what I had was indeed 2C-T-7. Yet again, I began noticing something that reminded me of mescaline. At around 1-1.5 hours into it, I felt a very nice body high, a warmth that doesn't quite feel like anything I've felt on other drugs. It's a cozy, euphoric, sensual feeling. It's working! I still didn't quite feel like I was tripping, and there were no blatant visuals yet, but I knew that the onset can be pretty drawn out with this chemical.

I sat in my back yard waiting for the trip to kick in. Over 2 hours had gone by. At that point, I realized that nothing was happening. I was certain that I didn't actually have 2C-T-7, everything had been placebo.

I went to the bathroom and looked at my face in the mirror. My pupils were bigger. The reddish hues in my face seemed very pronounced. My face started to look blurry, then started flowing. Amazing! The mental and physical effects were so subtle that I wasn't sure if anything was happening at all, yet I was seeing visuals.

By the third hour I was really feeling it. My body felt light and airy without any real body load, just a little shakiness as if I had drank some coffee. No nausea. It felt great to move around. Really great. It was insanely euphoric. The visuals weren't outrageous but I liked the quality of them. There was a softness to everything, as if my vision was an oil painting. There was a hazy golden glow everywhere, similar to what I saw on 10mg but more pronounced. There were hints of patterns starting to form, little coils of lines that reminded me of visuals I've seen on DMT.

I couldn't stop smiling and saying to myself "holy shit, this is awesome!" The feeling in my body was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. I was light as a feather and my whole body was emanating beams of golden sunshine. I now knew why 2C-T-7 had been so highly praised by so many people. It wasn't really what I was expecting, but nevertheless I was thoroughly impressed. The smoothness of the comeup, the gentle headspace, and the lack of body load were astonishing. It's incredibly unique compared to most psychedelics, though it does have a lot in common with mescaline. I know people always compare members of the 2C series with mescaline, but this one is actually like it for real. These euphoric effects made me wonder why 2C-T-7 isn't a popular street drug like LSD or MDMA. Maybe people who manufacture illicit psychedelic drugs are concerned about the possibility of someone overdosing and dying on it.

It was a nice day, so I went on a long bike ride. During the ride, I increasingly noticed pressure in my head, the first sign of a headache like I always get when I trip on a phenethylamine. I knew this would happen, but had hoped it wouldn't. I also started to feel a little nauseated, probably a combination of the 2C-T-7 and the physical exertion. When I got back home, I felt somewhat drained and less enthusiastic about the trip. I began questioning the value of 2C-T-7. It's euphoric, but I'm not sure it has as much substance as I'd like. It isn't deeply satisfying the way that so many tryptamines and lysergamides are. It was still somewhat euphoric and music was enhanced, but I started to feel as if it took some effort to enjoy the effects of it. Maybe I would have gotten more out of it if I hadn't had a significant trip on acid the week before though. This was mostly to test the effects of 2C-T-7 and not so much because I felt like I needed a trip.

About 6 hours into the trip I felt that it was lacking something and smoked a small amount of DPT. It really added some feeling to the trip and increased the visuals a little bit. I love the sharp, lucid quality of DPT, and combining it with 2C-T-7 counteracted some of the dullness that had begun to set in. The downside is that it brought out the nausea. I took some ondansetron and the nausea faded over the next half hour. I listened to music for a while and it was nice, though there's not too much to say about the rest of the trip. I did get a headache, and woke up the next day with a hangover, which I also get from other phenethylamines.

Next time I'll take a higher dose. I think I'll need to take 25 or 30 milligrams to get the effects I want. Maybe more. I hope it becomes more of a deep psychedelic with an increased dosage. I also hope to see more visuals next time. I did see some cool visuals from 20mg, but it wasn't as extreme as what I expected from trip reports I've read. 2C-T-7 seems like one of the best phenethylamines from my experience so far but still has some qualities I don't like. It seems a little superficial. It made me feel dull and emotionally detached, sometimes paradoxically feeling euphoric at the same time. I've experienced this same kind of headspace with mescaline as well. With both substances, I tend to feel that way mainly in the latter part of the trip. Maybe 2C-T-7 would be more fulfilling if I took it with friends. I'm looking forward to seeing if it has more to offer.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2ct7
substancecode_phenethylamines
substancecode_dpt
substancecode_tryptamines
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal
roacode_vaporized
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks for sharing! yeah, 2C-T-7 is pretty unique. I have been unable to dose it properly, and haven't had the sort of experience I always read about... not very visual. However I really enjoyed the body high and euphoria. I prefer 2C-T-2. Please do report back when you've tried higher doses. :)

Nice! Thanks for the reports - always interesting to hear about 2C-T-7 so many years after it disappeared.

If I were to guess as to why it's not around much anymore, I'd say that it's in part because of the risk. If you release it, some people will insufflate it, and if enough people insufflate it, many will need medical attention and some people will die. It's also a good candidate for impersonating MDMA, strangely, and mixing it with monoamine releasers will end up hurting people, too. The biggest reason, though, is probably that it is illegal in a lot of jurisdictions, and there are plenty of safer gray market alternatives that can be synthed instead.

From the reports I've read of oral doses, its dosage response sounds really erratic, like you implied. That said, collections like "sulfurous samadhi" seem to suggest that most people get good effects with few side effects from oral doses of 20mg, but that the majority feel like the dose was a little light, and would prefer a slightly higher dose in the future. There are also those that need ~50mg to have a decent experience, although I only wish I had the time and resources to titrate carefully up to that dose safely.

I've only tried 2C-T-7 once, and I thought it was...noteworthy. I was reluctant to try it orally because of the erratic dosage (in the future, I might consider trying 20-25mg orally), but overall I haven't sought it out to revisit it. The space had what would probably be the forced euphoric positivity of MDMA in most people (which translates as sadness and loneliness in vivo for me unfortuntely.) It had some depth, but not the depth that I get from 2C-T-2, which I vastly prefer and find to overlap with mescaline in many positive ways.

Most of the reports that I've read that mentioned outstanding visuals came from insufflation, something not really worth the risk in my book. I considered very slow, very low intranasal titration over rectal and am glad I didn't. While I get an almost instant comeup from 2C-T-2 intranasally and rectally, the rectal comeup of 2C-T-7 was the slowest of any phenethylamine that I've ever tried.

I hope you find that this much beloved substance treats you well as you learn to work with it. Those that jive with it really seem to find it peerless.

Ugh, I think it's so overrated but I'm glad you had such a good experience. Frustrating how badly I seem to respond to the 2cs in terms of negative side effects. And forget about euphoria.

Isn't overrated, it's quite rare actually. *beams of golden sunshine* you were a saint haha though it has more to offer and I wait for your next trip but look for settings, they are important as they play a major role. You could also try out some little activities.

Thanks for sharing.

regards,

Winter

She's just saying to her it didn't produce the effects people talk about. I feel the same way, I've gotten to try it a handful of times and I could never get it right, it was nice but nothing like many of the reports say. I like 2C-T-2 quite a bit better.

Weird, it was by far the best 2c-x for me. Imagine 2c-e without any body load, more and nicer visuals, a nicer head space and you're close to how 2c-t-7 feels to me.

Never tried 2c-t-2, but would love to if I manage to obtain any. Same goes for 2c-t-21 and 2c-t.

Yeah 2C-T-2 is the thio analogue of 2C-E, while 2C-T-7 is the thio analogue of 2C-P. I find 2C-T-2 to be quite different from 2C-E, however. Haven't tried 2C-P more than once so I can't make a comparison there, although I do have some that I intend on exploring some day.

2C-T-7 seems to have some of the highest variability of any psychedelic, with some people reporting full-on trips in as little as 10-15mg orally, while for some (without significant tolerance) it takes upwards of 50-70mg (morninggloryseed always said it didn't shine until 70mg for him). I've tried it at 30mg, 35mg and 42mg. At 30 and 35mg it sort of just kept climbing slowly but never really resolved into a full trip and there were few visuals, and at 42mg, all colors were deeply saturated and I had some visuals but the bodyload was really intense and I felt crappy and somewhat fearful so I never tried it higher. I've done it at 35mg 3 times and each time it never really did anything too interesting although it was euphoric and enjoyable.

Thank you for the report, love reading about this one.

The best dosing regimen for me with 2C-T-7 that worked was around 20mgs intranasal and 50-60mgs orally. It is definitely up there in the list of my favorite psychedelics. The body load I got during the come up always disappeared after the purge. It was always swirly for me with profound visuals.

Such a euphoric one for and the mental aspect was beautiful. With this batch everyone I gave it to had strong experiences and most took it intranasal. This is a risky ROA from them report of an overdose but I never felt in danger nor any of my friends.

It worked well in combo with 2C-E.
Resulted in one of my most memorable trips :)

~Charlie

Last edited:
I found it had quite strong sensory effects when I did it IV, & I'm grateful for that experience, but the awful nausea & body load made it hard to enjoy. No real euphoria from it or 2cb. Maybe I'm spoiled from MDMA being my first drug/altered state? In any case I've no interest in other 2cs. I DESPISE nausea.

Interestingly I used to get nausea from all 2C-Xs back in my younger days, when I had tripped a lot less. Like the first time I did 2C-I, I threw up 5 or 6 times and felt awful until the peak started, and the first time I did 2C-E I threw up at least 10 times and actually burst a blood vessel in my eye from it (I think anyway), and was panicking and wishing I hadn't "poisoned myself" and making desperate promises to never take another drug again if I could just feel normal (until the peak started, then the trip was great). Nowadays I've had both 2C-I and 2C-E recently and absolutely zero nausea or discomfort on the come-up or at any other time during the trip.

Seems like people do report a disproportionately high occurrence of nausea with the 2C-Xs though. Tryptamines and lysergamides definitely have a much lighter bodyload so you're better off exploring there (and we live in the golden age of tryptamines right now, just about every possible substitution on the 4 position and the unsubstituted skeleton are available, and a good handful of the 5-MeO ones too.

I did try 2C-T-7 again but the trip wasn't noteworthy enough to write another trip report. I took 25mg which was a little stronger than 20 but still not fully psychedelic. It was fun but I had an awful hangover the next day that made me feel like it wasn't really worth it. I may try a higher dose at some point but I'm hesitant.

I'm excited about trying 2C-T-2 because it sounds like it might compare to 2C-T-7 the way that 2C-E compares to 2C-P. 2C-P was much easier on my body than 2C-E, but I think I prefer 2C-E because it has a sharper, more psychedelic headspace. I'm also looking forward to trying 2C-T, mostly because it's so uncommon. I'll write about my experiences with 2C-T and 2C-T-2 once I try them.

I'm just not really interested in the tryptamines aside from DMT. I've only tried 2 but I just wasn't impressed. Maybe I was too hasty, but I think I'm mostly done with my experimental phase.

I've unfortunately only become MORE prone to nausea & vomiting with age. The first time I did 2ct7, orally, at age 21, I had only vomited twice before in my life - & once was ipecac induced bc my body was so resistant to vomiting. I used to have a cast iron stomach, but now it's quite temperamental, & I get this awful 'central' nausea sometimes that is incurable (I've become permanently tolerant to all the Rx anti emetics that used to work, like odansetron). So I fear my response would be worse now. Especially since I'll be on heroin no matter what for my pain. It won't be a pure experience. :/

A lot of people say that, that they get more prone to nausea and bodyloads with age rather than less. I don't know why I'm different. I suspect it's because in 2006-2007, the beginning of when I joined here, I ended up taking several metric shit tons of psychedelics, like at least half of all my days, I ended up with the most insane permatolerance (not actually permanent but I had to not trip for years), and it started to feel as natural to me as breathing. Ever since then psychedelics have felt a lot more natural in my body and along with that, they don't produce nausea anymore. Not that I'd recommend doing that.

cj, I prefer 2C-T-2 for that very reason, to me it's my favorite 2C-T-X I've tried, very therapeutic and warm and lovely, numerous aspects of it remind me of mescaline. That's cool you've got some 2C-T, I didn't bother getting that but kind of wish I had since I'm a big-time drug nerd. I guess I got turned off by how high the dose is and the fact that PIHKAL doesn't seem to make it sound very worthwhile.

Last edited:
That's a reasonable theory but definitely not recommendable! It does make sense that otherwise the body becomes more sensitive/less resilient with age.

Nice report, thanks!

Lucky you to be able to try all those extremely rare substances, but it feels good to know they're still around somewhere

I've been lucky enough to try it once many years ago when it was still occasionally available. At the the I was going thru all the 2c's experimenting. 2cb, 2cc, 2cd, 2ci, I did for sure. I think I tried 2c-t-2 or 21, don't remember but I was saving t7 as 8 had the highest hopes for it. I don't remember the exact dose but it was probably around 30mg. What I clearly remember was that the visuals I got off it were some of the most insane I've ever experienced. I was sitting outside at night looking at an old oak tree and every branch on the tree was like an arm or limb of the tree and they were all flapping around back n forth like crazy. Almost like those inflatable guys you see in front of car dealerships. It was so crazy I actually had to walk up to the tree to verify whether this was a visual or if the tree was really moving like that. I knew it wasn't possible to really move like that but the visual was just so powerful. That's just the tip of it, there was all sorts of snakes made of leaves winding themselves thru the branches moving around. Crazy. For sure the visuals at least the OEV were among the most amazing I've ever experienced. Another thing I clearly remembered was the body feel. It had a very strong body buzz which felt good n euphoric for the most part but maybe have way thru the peak it started to feel a little uncomfortable, it went from body buzz to body load is how I can beat describe it. The trip lasted much longer that I expected, not lsd length but I'd say I was still tripping hard at the 7hr mark. Towards the end of the peak I was getting exhausted from tripping so long and hard and the body load had this hint of toxic feel to it. Like I git the sense that yeah this isn't like lsd or psilocybin this one can kill you if done incorrectly. It is a slight Mao inhibitor n I pair no attention to my diet that day so maybe that was what caused the body load. Overall yes it one of the most beautiful chems out of a dozens I've tripped one. I've been recently searching for it actively once again to give it another go. Oh yeah weed goes great with it but I think weed is a necessary with psychedelics. Tho my rule is I don't smoke any all day before dropping n then I wait til I'm stabilized at the peak where I know exactly where the trip has taken me n it's character only then am I ready to smoke. It's a must try for any serious psychonaut.