• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-Ethynylcyclohexanol

markosheehan

Bluelighter
hello

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with 1-Ethynylcyclohexanol ( I have already read the few experiences on here)
some questions I have about it are how safe is it, what are the metabolites and are they danegerous, how long is the duration, how sedative is it compared to 2m2b,ethanol and benzos.?

[h=1][/h]

841522_1_ethynylcyclohexanol_841522_1_ethynylcyclohexanol_all-medium.jpg
for those whose chemistry lessons have been longer since .. :)

Have not yet assayed this one myself, but from what I've read of it, it's long acting, rather wallbanger-ish, and the terminal alkyne makes for an irreversible inhibitor of several CYP-P450 series hepatic isoenzymes, including P450-3A4. Not sure about P450-2D6 but it seems not unlikely.

Some have been melting it and trying to dose in ml or portions of ml, as this compound is a needle-like crystalline solid rather than a liquid, this IMO sounds rather irresponsible, weighing the solid using a decent scale is the way to be doing it. Although in this case, dose ranges have been taken past 750mg AFAIK, so even a scale with a 10mg drift, isn't going to be problematic with this.

Couldn't they have used another moiety rather than making it an alkyne lol? I mean you want it to be able to be metabolized at a time scale that isn't too crazy and polarity there could make a difference for efficacy but there's gotta be something that doesn't fuck your CYP P450..
And if you want to measure it volumetrically why not dissolve it in PG or PEG or something?

By the way wallbanger refers to ludes which have a sort of barbiturate type pharmacology right? And I guess 1-ethynylcyclohexanol does look a little bit like it but does it actually have any sort of barb effect or is it just a really potent ethanol analogue that is metabolism resistant?

Were there concerns about carcinogenicity by the way?

FYI these all seem dangerous to take on a very frequent or structural basis. GHB seems innocent too at first but addiction can be shocking... which is relatively common not too far from here in the countryside. 2M2B felt like an alcohol for sure but in practice seemed to work out a lot more like GHB in terms of knockout potential etc. More interesting question about that are how much tolerance is built, how long does the tolerance last, can you afford the withdrawals and is it a reasonable thing to go through and how dangerous are they at higher dosage habits.

Last edited:
I honestly used ethynylcyclohexanol extensively over the years. KGs of it. I used to get 500g lots of it for cheap. It seems it unknown exactly how it works. It feels similwr in some aspects to GHB and barbs. It could be highly euphoric and knock you out past 2 or so grams dependent on tolerance and such. 1-1.5 gs is a solid dose. It hits very quickly. I would always just weigh a gram then see how much it would fill a 000 gel cap when liquid. Via this it was decently easy to determine doses. It's easy to break a chunk off when cold to weigh. It rapidly melts though. I never noticed troubles with the supposed enzyme inhibition to be honest. At first I was very weary of it but then I was in a dark place and didn't care. It truthfully never seemed to effect things besides obvious depressant potentation via it's effects during or after. Still its worthy to be careful with as its a very heavy hitter. Care should always be excrrieed with it. It'll hit you like a freight truck sometimes dosing a bit more than you wanted.

wow kgs? so like daily? how much tolerance did you develop?

About what I said about comparison to GHB: i have been dependent on it too for a while but didn't go into a territory where I was at risk of dying if i had gone cold turkey, nor did I take so much that I would go nuts and blackout etc - it wasn't all that hard to quit eventually especially with the help of a little gabapentin - just a difficult 2 days or so. The reason is I never pushed it with the dosage despite tolerance enticing to do so.
As far as I can tell, with these kinds of drugs the more you dose on the very high end and build up more and more tolerance obviously the harder or even semi impossible it can be to go back esp. without supervised tapering. None of this is suprising if you compare a dose to a serious quantity of hard liquor. Just imagine if it were "effortless" to drink a bottle of vodka in one go.

I have only tried 2M2B myself but that too was just hard to control and somehow it isn't quite so easy to just dose low and stick to it, I guess you should always take into account the disinhibition it causes, easily leading you to make your dose a full one.. or go beyond it depending on how your self-restraint is deeply wired.

I guess you only really notice irreversible enzyme fuckery if you combine with other substances which are metabolized by the enzymes involved. Not that combinations seem like a particularly smart idea in the first place.

Heh, it's got a cyclohexyl moiety so maybe I'd have to give it a try some day (joking, but then again why not, if it's possible to go through kgs then some g won't kill me either..)

Yeah, minty 2M2B, memories of that ages when I got some MXE sample along with it and that sample caused my disso addiction and snorting my way through what feels like a kilo of white crystalline powder ... (my nose tissue still exists to day, as does my bladder, and the cravings for MXE as well ... have started & stopped opioids since but they don't cut it for me)

I must say I am interested in trying this. Question though, highest purity I have seen is 99% and I'm curious if there is a likely impurity and if the likely candidates are in the same safety ballpark as the actual compound (like how it is annoying to keep ethanol anhydrous, but hey, at least the major impurity is water).

Also not so sure how I feel ordering lab solvents to a residential front door so it may have to wait until I'm more comfortable regarding that situation.

Cheers!