• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ten years had enough

Hezman94

Bluelighter
had enough of smoking 2g-3.5 aday.
really need to cut down to a g a day problem is also cutting down oxycodone.
The thing is cannabis makes me more restles in withdrawal but if i dont smoke it i feel even more wank as have mild withdrawal from smoking weed all day throughout the day.
How can i wake up and not go straight for the pipe or spliff.
Ive bought a ps3 and a psp and got a load of games to play for my opiate withdrawal.
Is weed withdrawal all in your head, I know its NOTHING on oxy withdrawal id choose no weed over a mild oxy withdrawal.

If you can get through oxy WDs, then you can definitely cut back on the reefer, as you've already pointed out.

Maybe all this change doesn't have to happen all at once. I understand how weed can become a lifestyle - I lived it my last two years at college. I even pawned wicked nice headphones, Bose QC2s, for money to buy some. But as I've said in another thread, and this is especially true when you don't have a high tolerance - the first couple of hits should be sufficient, and everything after is just overkill. One just gets more "stoney".

Maybe you can appreciate weed more when you lower your dose and burn some of that THC infested fat off.

In response to "how can I wake up and not..", maybe use a substitute for now? Like video games or coffee? Or gum? Some oral fixation? Stay busy, that's for sure.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck.

I would personally choose mild or even moderate oxy withdrawal over no weed without second thought but smoke a lot for 15 years and then at least I'd have weed in withdrawal.

I am a year clean now but I got hooked on benzos too so well I am not exactly clean because the xanax is going to kill me. I would quit the oxy cold turkey, and smoke a ton of pot to keep your head on your shoulders just make sure to keep hydrated. Then cut back the weed but not for a long time after oxy withdrawal and I mean like 2 or 3 years because if you have any sort of real habit then recovery is measured in years and stress is killer. And yeah just don't take a benzo haha I would recommend, like ever, as they have left me dead at 30. Im pretty much appearing from the grave at this point, couldn't quit the shit my tolerance is extreme.

My advice is to focus on one drug at a time. For me, I find weed really helpful for opiate withdrawal, helps the nausea and sleeplessness and lack of appetite. Also gives me something to 'look forward to'. The other side of this can be the anxiety weed can trigger- this sort of hyperanalaysis of one's self that weed can invoke is really awkward during opiate withdrawal.

One at a time and you are more likely to succeed with both. I've never had any success with tapering weed- anytime I need to stop, it's cold turkey which usually mildly sucks for a day or two. The good thing is that tolerance reduces quite quickly to cannabis, I find that even 1 day break makes a difference. Smoking with a tolerance is pointless, as madness says there is really only an extent to which you get 'high' after which you're just making your self stupider ;) Weed has always been the last thing I drop when attempting sobriety but usually one that has tangible and immediate positives (my memory and motivation and dreams come back yay!)

It's definitely not all in your head. The endocannabinoid system plays a pretty important role in a number of body functions. Memory, metabolism, hunger, and stress response to name a few. Check out the "functions of the endocannabinoid system" on the wiki page if you're interested in learning more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system

2-3+ grams a day is a pretty substantial amount. When I was smoking that much, it was pretty much on my mind from the first moment of waking until I pass out super stoned. The withdrawals are pretty minor in comparison to something like oxy, but the compulsion to get stoned and the anxiety felt when not stoned makes it extremely difficult to ignore.

I'd suggest cutting back as much as reasonably possible, then start tapering down from there. So if you are smoking between 2.5-3.5g per day, then start at the lowest amount you can comfortably smoke(2.5g/day) and start lowering it every day from there. Start increasing the time between smoke sessions. If you go 1 hr between, start going 1.5-2hrs, and when you do smoke start to smoke less. Give yourself realistic goals, like 2.5g/day this week, 1.5g/day next week, and so on, or whatever works.

Or another thing that I'd do is once the withdrawals set in, I'd only take 1-2 hits at a time and no more.

Don't believe people when they say that weed withdrawal isn't as difficult as the harder things. A lot of withdrawing depends on your personality.

I deal better with catastrphies so quitting hard drugs wasn't a big deal for me. I could put them down and deal with a month or two of hell, no sweat.

quitting weed was the hardest addiction for me to quit. The lack of negative side effects makes it very difficult to beat. The urge to smoke is very strong because of the lack of negative side effects. Hard drugs were always easy for me to quit, even with their devastating effects on the body, because I know if I continued to do them I'd be wrecking my long term health and potentially fucking up my body for decades to come. Weed was hard to quit because there doesnt really seem to be any grave consequence to smoking.

if you are gonna go for a clean life I'd suggest just cutting out weed too man. I cut out everything else and kept weed and alcohol but it just led me to relapse on other things a few times. You think you're just going to smoke weed, but then you smoke and you suddenly have urges for harder stuff. I find life a lot easier without drugs because I dont feel the urge to do any of them anymore. It was hard to get through the first few months without weed or any other drugs but now that i'm drug free (cept for mushrooms a few times a year if I feel like it) life is a lot easier. I dont feel any urges, even when life shits on me and Im super depressed.

try habit replacement or routine replacement. Instead of wake up and get baked, wake up and go workout. go for a jog. the joggers high will sate your desire for feel good chemicals and make it easier to avoid the weed.

the ultimate thing is to just learn will power though. just will yourself to not do it. Learn how to use your will power.

sounds basic but its the best method. Just dont allow yourself to smoke. if you even get close, pretend you get shocked by electricity and crumble to the ground, assume the fetal position and rock back and forth until you are scared enough to not touch the weed. do whatever little act and show makes you avoid the weed lol. I've done the electricity thing a few times and its hilarious how well it works. If you imagine actual electricity and fall to the ground, idk it just works, its like it sends a message to your subconscious that is just super powerful.

2-3+ grams a day is a pretty substantial amount. When I was smoking that much, it was pretty much on my mind from the first moment of waking until I pass out super stoned. The withdrawals are pretty minor in comparison to something like oxy, but the compulsion to get stoned and the anxiety felt when not stoned makes it extremely difficult to ignore.

Yeah. I was there before it took 6 months for the obsession to go away. It was also so stressful that for whatever reason I have had a panic attack disorder ever since leading me to develop a benzo addiction from the very first pill. I'm back fiending bong rips to deal with opiate and benzo withdrawals and probably would have been way better off not starting up again for that. Weed was completely out of my life for 3 years and now I am addicted as fuck again. First thing I think of when I wake up in the morning.

I never had cravings for heroin or benzos the same. It reminds me more of like coke tbh where you set the standard and then sort of chase that stone you can't really have all the time no matter how much you smoke. Yet I still try. Right now I don't really care cause the benzos are probably going to kill me but I wish I never started up again it was really irresponsible after losing control of weed in the past no matter how long ago. I can't eat or sleep without it now.

A gram a day is an insane amount... really. That's an absolute fuckton of THC unless you're using mexican brick shit or something. A gram of 20% THC weed would have lasted me a week on my heaviest weeks.

Weed withdrawal is definitely not all in your head because of the very real effects it will have on your sleep and your appetite. At the start of a break, I MUST take sleeping pills of some sort, melatonin but usually a stronger one, seroquel. Appetite, I literally have to brainstorm what food would be tolerable to eat while I don’t feel hungry at all, it’s a struggle to eat even when you do get hungry.

These challenges should fuel fuel your motivation to quit. Your basic human functions of eating sleeping, and admittedly, decreased sex drive are all messed up when you’re smoking weed. We need to get those functions back on track and when you do, you’ll feel like a 5x better version of your former self.

You will I’ll have withdrawal symptoms, but t these are almost ego defense mechanisms in a way, your brain realizing you are going to strip it of its cannabinoids, and trying to deceive you into feeling depressed or empty without the weed. This is a trap. If you push through his slow patch, your senses, tastes, and energy and motivation will start coming back to you stronger than before and you will be glad you tried life without weed.