• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health What's the most powerful ssri?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strongest and the best antidepressant, of all groups is Nardil. But it can be fatal with other meds and even certain food. Nardil is good for treatment ressistant depression but gotta be EXTRA careful if taking it.

Different antidepressants are most effective for different people. It's all about what one's personal details points to.

I don't know about "strongest" as they all vary from person to person, but for me Zoloft was a literal life-saver.

Hey psycho!

I hope you're having a good day It seems everyone is coming down pretty hard on you. It might be the way you worded the comment regarding getting a little dopamine going on. It's just that it's a sensitive subject. Many of us have gone through alot of trial and error. It's alot of blood, sweat and tears.

In regards to your situation - I was diagnosed w Bipolar 2 a few years ago. I suffered w severe anxiety and panic attacks. I tried Wellbutrin and that was a bad idea. Literally within 15mins of taking it I started to feel strange, and went on. to have a panic attack. Then severe anxiety that lasted most of the day.
That was the first and last time I took Wellbutrin.

I shared that because you mentioned you have anxiety and were thinking about Wellbutrin. I'm sharing my personal experience. I'm not saying every person alive will have the same experience that I did. Ask your Dr what they think regarding if it's a good choice for your diagnosis.

Neurontin/gabapentin is helpful for me. It helps keep my anxiety more manageable. To a life changing point. We're all wired differently, so it's alot of trial and error. But definitely worth the time invested.

Take the different posts with a grain of salt. It can be hurtful when you're feeling vulnerable to read critical comments. Everyone is going through different things, at different intensities theirselves. Sometimes, it can go too far though Take what you need and leave the rest, as they say in NA/AA.

I really hope you find the meds that bring you relief. I also hope you come back to give an update. Good luck!

***EDIT -CANT EDIT ON PHONE

Zoloft did nothing for me. I was on the highest daily dose for two years. I felt nothing. Don't abruptly discontinue though. I did. I felt like I was getting off of an elevator for two weeks. That weird dropping sensation. For 2 or 3 weeks.

Closed. I guarantee you'll find five-star/10 out of 10 reviews on any antidepressant on the web. Anecdotes don't mean much. This site isn't about finding drugs to take, medication-wise or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.