• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Sleep paralysis, is it real or not ?

I've had sleep paralysis a couple of times; it's bizarre. Once I found out why it happens, I wasn't bothered.

The internal logic of dreams is incredible.

I have had full blown sleep paraliys a few times it happened like 3 days in a row it was horrible i couldn't move i couldn't breathe like only my brain was awake and my body wasn't or something.. so the lungs dont work properly one time i saw this really evil looking face with a cheshire smile lol made me feel sick to the stomach looking its eyes.. I haven't had anything like that happen since though I beleive in the paranormal just look at those ghost videos on youtube

Oh yeah, it's definitely real and I've experienced it myself several times. There's even a large Wikipedia article about it.

Ordinarily, our brains temporarily paralyze us while we're asleep to protect us from acting out our dreams. But if the sleep cycle is disrupted for some reason, it seems to take our bodies a moment to realize that they're awake. At least that's my understanding of it.

Before people discovered the nature of REM sleep, it must have been a very terrifying experience and created all sorts of creepy theories like the Incubus/Succubus myth.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

I used to get it all the time. Here we call it the old hag. Benzos seem to stop it from happening

not since i found a certain substance (only took me over 50yrs).
but since no hard nights and no lashing out wile sleep. A blessing in itself imo/e. F**k that noise.
those nightmares/memories are now no more for years now "since". Meant to bring this up and may have. whvr
I love dreams
I do as well now, thanks to the community. :group hug:
🙏

Sleep paralysis is real, it's scientifically and medically documented. Was that the question? Or are you asking if the imagery of sleep paralysis is real? Well, that's one for the philosophers. It's likely a mix of your subconscious and conscious mind because sleep paralysis is mind awake, body asleep. It's sort of an in-between state.